Hardware Need Help With My R4i 3DS SDHC Card On My 3DSXL

NintendoClassico

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Hello, this is my first forum on this website so hopefully you can help me. The title is a brief explanation of my problem concerning my 3DSXL and my R4i 3DS SDHC card. There will be pictures to help give you the idea of my problem so if you will help please take a look at them. Basically, i just need advice on what to do with my card because i recently gave it the new 1.73b kernel and no luck. I even tried using my original Nintendo DS for the update but it didn't show up for the update option. (Regardless of the update i can use my card on the Nintendo DS), but when i try using it on my Nintendo 3DSXL, i get an error (There is a picture of the error). Any help whatsoever will be great ! Other threads didn't help so that's why i made one myself to see if any other answers would come to light. (Pictures Below)

Look forward to replies ! Thankyou.

3DS System Version.JPGError.JPGR4i 3DS SDHC Card Front.JPGR4i 3DS SDHC Card Back.JPGWorks on DS.JPG

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
The problem is that the kernel update is not the same as a firmware update. Only a firmware update (which is a file you put on the flashcart and run on the DS/3DS itself in order to update the cart) will enable support for newer 3DS firmwares.
And if your 3DS is on the latest firmware, there are not a whole lot of carts that support that update yet, and I don't know whether your cart is still supported by your team.

miihackwii

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I know that the RTS version supports his firmware, Alternatively there is the Supercard DS TWO which also supports the latest 3DS firmware.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States

sLpFhaWK

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am having a similar problem with my R4i SDHC v4.5 I can't even update the kernel to v5 or anything.. stupid pos. Looks like i'm going to get the DSTwo! I have 2 3ds XL's too both were on 6 firmware and I had no idea that could effect the R4's.. Dammit looks like i have to turn off street pass.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @NinStar, and blood and bones