Gaming need help with jungleflasher

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi all

i want to flash my 360 which has a liteon (7 series drive) - i already know the KEY and have a dummy bin (from the previous owner). As such i haven't bothered to get the CK probe etc.

it's banned already so i wanted to flash it with the 1.6 (unstealthed) firmware released a few days ago

so far i've uninstalled the via card drivers, hooked up the 360 drive to the via card (powered on the 360 with video cable in). But i haven't really worked out how to get any further with jungle flasher (no drive is detected on the via ports, but i don't know if you have to do some kind of open/half close trick)

can anyone give me some step by step guides?

PS would it be easier to i make my firmware with firmtool and then use dosflash? (i've done that before on my benq model before it died on me)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Yes you will need to put the tray in "half open" mode.

Dosflash (windows version aka dosflash32) would be my choice too but jungleflasher should work for at least part of it. You will probably have to use firmtool as jungleflasher can get a bit odd with the 1.6 unstealthed (making it this is, flashing it works fine). I did my 7 series the other day and I have seen people having trouble erasing or with detection and I was one of them. You should be able to plough through it to erase the drive and then flashing it back should be fine.

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hi fast

using dosflash32 i can see the 360 drive on port 0x900c

device properties: plds pg-16d25
firmware 74850c

however i can't get it to come up with any info on the flash chip (half open trick doesn't seem to work - i eject then kill the power, close halfway and reattach power) in read mode - is this normal? (do i need the probe for that info?)

when it comes to deleting/writing does it need to be in vendor mode for both deteling and writing? do i need to do a specific liteon delete? (in the drop down options)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
That is good enough; use the liteon erase dropdown option and power cycle it. The probe is only needed for the keys first time around.

Once it has erased though make sure to leave it half open as the firmware is what controls the eject (you can still use the manual eject bar but you will have to take the case off).

After this dosflash32 decided to fail on me and jungleflasher decided to work again for me. Remember the port number too.

Any firmware updating/work needs the drive in vendor mode, if you have a 360 capable drive (as in one not flashed with 0800 mode only firmware) then that means halfway open.

It should all be a painless affair of (but it will probably not be):
Set in half open
erase drive
power cycle
get drive detected again
flash firmware (writing and testing should be done in one move).
test and reassemble 360.

godsakes

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
thanks for the reply

i'd already done the flashing by the time i read it, i only did:

liteon delete in dosflash
power DVD drive off/on
restart dosflash (detects flash chip now)
write firmware

only tested it on dragon age so far (seems to work fine)

i didn't do any of it in vendor mode though, did i get lucky?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: Heheh