• Total voters

Axido

Maker of TRASLApp
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Possibly got the five finger discount?

I'm offensive and I find this absolutely polish.

No, just kidding. But I guess, you should stick to all of them. Wait for the prices of Switch consoles sitting on <3.0.0 (no, that's not a heart there) to skyrocket after hax come out and you'll get a few extra bucks when selling them to some desperate kiddo who can't afford games.
But, you know, secretly I'm actually hoping that there won't be any hax soon and you'll end up taking a loss when selling your consoles, dude.

Last edited by Axido,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Hi all,

recently I bought 3 switches and I must return 2 of them. I want to choose switch with the best screen but to be honest I completely don't know which one I should leave. About switches: all of them are Neon Blue & Red; no bundle; bought in Europe.

Switch no. 1: serial number: XAJ400094; FW: 1.0.0
Switch no. 2: serial number: XAJ700098; FW: 2.3.0
Switch no. 3: serial number: XAJ700082; FW: 2.1.0

Personally I would choose the switch with number 2 because its screen is the whitest BUT I concern about two things with this screen. The first thing is when you look from an angle on the screen then you can see that it changes colour to the more bluish. The second thing which you can't see in attachments is when I turn on switch no. 2 and nintendo and switch logo appear at startup screen then I can see that there is some clouding - maybe it's a too big word but upper-right corner seems to be a little bit lighter than other parts of the screen.

Could you help and tell me which one would you left? Should I pay attention on something else apart the screen?

Cheers! View attachment 97495 View attachment 97496 View attachment 97497 View attachment 97498 View attachment 97499
#2 looks the best, no doubt.
But like some people said, it could just be due to different calibration in different firmwares.
Also, when the n3DS came out people were complaining about a yellowish hue on the screens, which it turns out was just from the glue they used at the factory and the color went away on its own after a week or two. The Switch might be the same.

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Indeed, the law (which is good for consumers (and a honey pot for exploiters like you)) states that return web-bought product within less or more 3 weeks in most European countries which are in EU. That means you can test the product, not open 3 boxes and search or better said nitpick for the product that is most to your liking. Thats simply exploiting the law to benefit yourself and you are directly harming other customers who will buy your (now used) product next. No wonder people then get updated/scratched/unsealed/dirty/preset consoles and wonder how it happened since it is (should be) a new console.
I hope you get a dead pixel right in the middle of screen, the day you return the others :glare:
are you high? he is testing 3 products and judging by how wildly the color temp varies in those 3 i'd say it's justified. I honestly don't understand how you can be butt hurt over this.

on topic... is there a setting to change the warmth on a switch? i dunno what can be done in the options but tbh this looks like a preference thing and i'd go #2 and buy some anti-glare glasses for night playing.

Haymose

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
are you high? he is testing 3 products and judging by how wildly the color temp varies in those 3 i'd say it's justified. I honestly don't understand how you can be butt hurt over this.
Every try to buy something online then have it sell out while you're trying to checkout? Ever buy something advertised as "New" then realize it was a returned product? I'm guessing no...

D

Deleted User

Calm down fellow - I don't want you to get a heart attack. First of all it's not your business why I have these 3 consoles. Second thing is that this is the law in Poland - you can test the thing you've bought from an internet within 14 days - of course test in reasonable way. If you think that turning on console to check for dead pixel is overstatement then I would say that you are a little bit an idiot gently speaking. If you have a problem with return policy in Poland then please consider contact with Polish government. Otherwise deal with that. EOT.
Yeah, wasting 4k pln is cool, right?

Reactions: Subtle Demise

Essometer

Needs data
Trophies
Website
none.de
XP
Country
Germany

He is right in every way. The law is so you can test the product you buy, but buying 3 products to compare them and knowing beforehand that you send 2 back because you want a "superior" product is bullshit.
Not only are the differences minor, but the price for this behavior is payed by everyone else, as the seller can't sell the switches as new anymore, and even if he can, he needs to put in work to process the returned item.

Last edited by Essometer,

J-Machine

Self proclaimed Pog champion
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Every try to buy something online then have it sell out while you're trying to checkout? Ever buy something advertised as "New" then realize it was a returned product? I'm guessing no...
yes to the both. if it showed up used i'd inquire about a credit for the false advertising or i'd return it if it was super apparent. I always wait till demand is low to buy my products to help prevent this stuff cause i'm never in a rush for things unless its essential like food or fuel.

Also gamestop loves giving you a display copy or the everyone gets to play first as new and it never stopped me. i just ask to see the disc first

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
yes to the both. if it showed up used i'd inquire about a credit for the false advertising or i'd return it if it was super apparent. I always wait till demand is low to buy my products to help prevent this stuff cause i'm never in a rush for things unless its essential like food or fuel.

Also gamestop loves giving you a display copy or the everyone gets to play first as new and it never stopped me. i just ask to see the disc first
Here they seem to have stopped doing that, at least they don't do it for Switch games.
The display cases for Switch games are just blank cases with a fake cover on them (the cover is the same on both sides so you can't actually read the back for more info, but eh, not a big issue)
But I seem to remember them doing that for 3DS games, although only if it's the last one they have in stock.

jefffisher

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
first off like everyone else i'm going to have to say that buying three with the intent on opening and returning two probably makes you a bad person.
second i have two switches one from launch day and one from last sunday both updated to the latest firmware and the screens are indistinguishable, all switch screens were manufactured by the same company so i'd say it probably is a firmware thing.

karoloos

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Switch no. 1: serial number: XAJ400094; FW: 1.0.0
Switch no. 2: serial number: XAJ700098; FW: 2.3.0
Switch no. 3: serial number: XAJ700082; FW: 2.1.0
Someone else here mentioned possible screen color calibration changes between firmware versions. It would be nice if OP told us what firmware each Switch was running at so we could confirm.

ov3rkill

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Among the three you've posted, 2 looks best for me. But that's just based on the camera you've taken, how it looks personally would be different. So, it's up to you on which is pleasant for your eyes.

Smash Br0

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So there's balanced screens, pink-tinted screens, blue-tinted screens, and yellow-tinted screens...

General consensus is balanced >>> blue > yellow > pink, no?

TFW when pink screen. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: *yawn*