Need help finding a proper firmware for this strange R4 I bought recently

terebee

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
hello, I got this R4 (ADVANCE WIFI 3DS R4 V1.6) today and tried some youtube videos at first formated my sd card both with sd card formatted and windows, and tried a lot of lots of kernels to see if the R4 will work or not but it's just a white screen and sadly that's all I got when I try to use it. then I tried waybackmachine (Because its website is dead )) and was able to download the proper (as the website said) kernel in it, but unfortunately, it did not work as well and any kernel that I test will show me a white screen in the startup. any help would be really appreciated thanks a lot!

1658674939932.jpeg

notes: the white screen that I get is just like the one in this video the only difference is that for me it happens on my 3DS

Last edited by terebee,

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
@erfanadn Forget this Card, we tryed a lot but didnt got it to run. Its from 2011/12 and seems to be a very bad clone of the NDSTTi.
As Alternative there is actual a DSone Clone which seems to work fine on Aliexpress or ebay available for around 10€. Or install TWLmenu++ on the console for playing DS(i)-games.

EDIT: There is a 1:3 chance of getting a dud with dead PSRAM. In this case the DSone's EOS will not work. But RGF's Multi-cart update or TWiLight Menu++ can still be used.

Last edited by Sypherone,

AkikoKumagara

The Coolest Bear Around
Trophies
Website
thebearsden.web.fc2.com
XP
Country
United States
@erfanadn Forget this Card, we tryed a lot but didnt got it to run. Either this card doesnt work very well, had bad support or has malfunction.
As Alternative there is a DSone Clone on Aliexpress or ebay available for around 10€. Or install TWLmenu++ on the console for playing DS(i)-games.
Should probably mention that you've statistically got about a 1:3 chance of getting a dud with these DSone clone cards (unless this has changed since last year, but I would doubt it). If you end up with one that has dead PSRAM, it can still be used with RGF's Multi-cart update or TWiLight Menu++, but won't work with DSone's EOS, which is typically a big appeal of opting for this over other cheap options.

Reactions: Sypherone

Cecromancer

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Hello all, i am happy it will be my first contribution to this awesome community. i stumbled upon this thread yesterday after a friend received 3ds XL as gift from his relative who lives in Canada. it wasnt modded and it came with the exact Red R4 Advance Card but he wasnt able to make the card run. it shows the icon but dosnt launch. after googling i found this page , keep in mind i bought my 4th 3ds's over all, 3rd New 3ds XL and i modded em all. cant say i am a pro but i do know my way around. and i own old 2014 R4 SDHC. so i went to try to fix his card using YSMenu or TwilightMenu++. once i poped his card on my 3ds it worked like a charm. that made me sure the card at least is working and i am gonna copy its kernel and upload it here. turned out he did update the 3ds and it wasnt modded before. and the card wasnt usable after the 3ds system update (thx Nintendo). after modded the device every thing worked. The files in the sdcard inside the card have alot of .nds so i moved em to a 2nd folder. attached the pic for the root. i am not sure if all thous folders are for only this card kernel or not. likely its for more then 1 card, all i know is the card boots up and i played.

This is copy of the root after moving all the .nds from it. I only kept the one i think its needed akmenu4.nds
If for any reason the google drive link is not working. contact me in :
Discord : •ƘɅƦƎɆṀ•ĈȆƇȐȪ•#8239

Attachments

• Card Root.PNG
    Card Root.PNG
    30 KB · Views: 22

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://stockanalysis.com/stocks/ntdoy/market-cap/ I think they'll be alright