Hacking Need clarification on Wii U softmodding, please :(

Stellar

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I'm sorry for bugging you with noob questions, but I need to be sure before I go through with this:

I want to run wii isos in vWii mode, so to do that I need to use one of the available exploits and install the HBC.

I hear people saying the most recent update has broken their vWii mode because they modified the IOS. Installing HBC and whatever else I might need to run isos, that won't modify the IOS, right?

I just want to know if the procedure is safe. I don't want to brick my vWii mode.

Goldfinder 9

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
to answer yo first question, the hbc has no negative affect on wii u updating but cios does so dont even bother with those. exploits for vwii that work on their are smash stack, rot jodi, and indiana pwns. sorrry, i dont have enough knowledge about isos. be careful on softmodding vwii. good day.

Hielkenator

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
It's 100% safe.

NEVER alter any IOS on your vWii!
Iso's will never update your vWii IOS if launched from an usb loader.

Softmodding your vWii involves adding custom IOS in slots 249 and 250 typically ( Never used by the vWii system ), so in a way you are "just"expanding on the available IOS.
USB loaders Will only use those "extra'' slot you added via your vWii softmod procedure.

Make sure you follow the vWii softmod guide from the Wiiu hacking sticky and NEVER INSTALL WII IOS or Cios on you vWii!!!

vWii softmodding and Wii softmodding require different cIOS.

Again it's 100% safe.
Also note that due to the lack of the shopping channel, games like Call of Duty cannot be played online, since the required updates cannot be downloaded.
On a Wii there's no problem with these games if you want to play those online.
Some Wii games still have working online connectivity despite Nintendo cutting off Wii online services, vWii completely disables any online services.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Cool. Same here.