Not open for further replies.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
This, so so much. By waiting just a little bit he can ensure that people can use homebrew on a system that's reportedly almost twice as powerful as the current 3DS consoles. Meaning that your precious homebrew apps can run much better.

Exactly my point.
The people complaining about the delay don't seem to think about this.
The wait will be quite worth it, we will be able to play on a more powerful 3DS...
And please, do not forget, a more powerful 3DS means more capability for emulators and more apps that might be limited by the old 3DS' hardware.

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hozu said:
This, so so much. By waiting just a little bit he can ensure that people can use homebrew on a system that's reportedly almost twice as powerful as the current 3DS consoles. Meaning that your precious homebrew apps can run much better.
We will also have to see if the current 3DS games will run on a special mode where only 128MB of RAM and 268 MHz of CPU are usable...

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Would be one helluva way to alienate users and incite the hatred of many who already own 3DS consoles...
yeah it was a joke....seeing as there is so much bitching on how he should just screw the new 3ds and give everyone it NOWWWW!!!!

i dont see why everyone is so upset, its like 1 month, and this way your pretty much guarenteeing smash bros EU/US will work and the new pokemon games will work too on a homebrew compatible console

every cloud has a silver lining and all that good stuff

kyogre123

Mexican Pride
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Besides, no one cares about badly made emulators that the 3DS can already run via DS flashcarts/run them on any other device (seriously what can't emulate a NES/SNES at this point). People want region-free. People also want a pathological liar to finally follow through with something he says for once.

I do, as well as other people.

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yeah it was a joke....seeing as there is so much bitching on how he should just screw the new 3ds and give everyone it NOWWWW!!!!

i dont see why everyone is so upset, its like 1 month, and this way your pretty much guarenteeing smash bros EU/US will work and the new pokemon games will work too on a homebrew compatible console

every cloud has a silver lining and all that good stuff

Why are people reacting to this the way they are, because we're human, we have knee-jerk reactions and we never look at the big picture when things do happen, such as the slight delay in this exploit and yes, it is for the greater good that it's delayed to make it work on the new 3DS models. I admit I was sure as hell no shining example and well, went with the flow, yeah. That was fun to do, not...ugh. I have a headache.

Reactions: gamesquest1

Stalkid64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Except they can't. Because... While the exploit may work fine, any homebrew that requires that additional power... won't be 3DS compatible. Boom. Divide.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Except they can't. Because... While the exploit may work fine. Any software that uses that additional power... won't be 3DS compatible. Boom. Divide.
you want MOAR POWER....buy a new 3ds

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Nintendo said that Xenoblades will only be compatible with New 3DS.
(BTW I wonder if they will release a New 2DS)

Stalkid64

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
See edit. Also consider what is being replied to, look up context and learn to follow.
Note to self; GBAtemp.

Katana

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This went from a thread for submissions to a thread for rants o.o

I think people will eventually just swallow down the sour medicine and accept the reality of it all. A delayed homebrew loader means more time to further develop the aforementioned loader, more time to further develop the homebrews themselves, more time to possibly support more firmwares and hardware as well. The worst that can happen is that Nintendo rids the exploit in some way, which you can prevent by not updating your handheld and buying a retail cart instead of the actual eShop version, assuming that the game is in your region's eShop. Ultimately, smea has all the information and knows where to move his pwns (lol) best. Some of these posts are baseless and assume that the exploit is fake when there is more evidence that points towards the exploit being real, so I dunno...

That being said, is the final submission really chosen or can I keep spamming this thread, since there's still 1+ month left for a release, at the moment? I still have unreleased ideas.

UraKn0x

Official senpai
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I think the exploit (and therefore homebrew) will run in 3DS-mode only, so to run homebrew with more power we will need a New 3DS-mode exploit.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
i say submission spamz is better that all the crying that people cant use a unreleased exploit to run the unreleased homebrews right now

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
To clarify in GBAtemp compatible language;
"New3DS" additional power? Probably locked out anyway. BUT if it can be used;

Homebrew use "New3DS" power? Then no worky on "ordinary 3DS."

Which divides the userbase.
or....homebrew can utilize it if its there but still work if its not, nobody knows how the new3ds or the exploit works so your just trying to guess

Reactions: the_randomizer

the_randomizer

The Temp's official fox whisperer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I refuse to take any form of criticism from someone who types "your".
But he is right, we don't know what the new systems will or won't do. Stop assuming you know for sure, because you don't, so there won't be any "division or users. If you refuse to take criticisms form other users, we equally have no obligations to listen to you either.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-