Hardware Need a new monitor, any suggestions?

Anon10W1z

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm looking for a new monitor for my computer (currently I have a 6-year-old Dell E176FP). I need one that that has to have these specs:
  • Up to 23.5" screen size
  • HDMI and/or DVI inputs
  • Max resolution of at least 1080p
  • Cost up to $150
  • No used or open box ones, just new or refurbished condition
I've found this one and this one already, but you can suggest more to me. Also feel free to tell me if you've used/are using these monitors and how good they are.

LockeCole_101629

Trophies
XP
Country
New Zealand
viewsonic is good, actually it's very good, I own VG712s of early on 2005 (i know it's old, and 4:3 but hey it's the only series had DVI within my budget at that time), and it still alive and kicking on, while 2 chimei lcd already died on first and a half year.

All I care about electronic parts specially lcd is my own eyes, and durability, I never purchased asus stuff since last decade of PIII/II/AMDK6 era because most of it are so overpriced with average quality.
and for LCD/LED/TV people here tend to pick Samsung/LG and/or (fill china brand here), because it's easier to find service centre or parts to replace/fix broken lcd, but then again if it died too fast (2years or less) which eventually it will, I never interested with those brands.

currently using phillips btw. I love the colors, and it's also quite old (2008).

exangel

executioner angel
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you care whether or not it has speakers?
this 23" display is LED backlit and just under your budget after shipping:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824176250

Everything else I'd recommend is a little over your budget. I have http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236052 and I'd recommend subscribing to the Newegg newsletter and watching their sales for a week or two because I got that monitor for $150 or thereabouts with a subscriber-only coupon.
Newegg's opt-out works correctly as well, if you don't want to continue receiving their newsletter and promotional mailings after you've got what you wanted, I verified that because I manage two accounts and had to unsubscribe one to avoid getting duplicates.

chains_of_androm

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
At that price you are going to get TN panels pretty much, they will have color shift/gamma issues at wider angles but most people are used to that by now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good...