Hacking Need a little help with these loaders

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I think my system is all up to date since I just did everything in this post. Now I want to try out a backup loader, and I'm looking through this thread:

http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/index.php/Backup_Launcher

And I'm a little confused. Would somebody be kind enough to tell me exactly what I need to install onto my Wii to play backups? There are three different sections in that thread to download from. Backup Loader, Backup Launcher, and Softchip. Which one am I suppose to grab? And the download links next to these three categories do not have the same name as the categories. So what download links am I supposed to grab? You see how confused I am here?

I tried doing this a few months ago, with Wanikoko's launcher(or something like that), and none of the games that I burnt would boot. Eventhough the wiki said these particular games would boot. So I think I either needed to install something that I didn't, or I had the wrong kind of media. Which now I have different media, but now I need to know exactly what to install. Or is there a different load that isn't even on that thread that I should install?

Thank you for any help. This lost soul will really appreciate it.

EDIT: Or...should I grab something out of the Thread of Loaders stickie. But even that is confusing. Under Wiigator 0.3 Gamma part, there is a cIOS section, a v0.3 gamma with 002 fix, and a v0.3 gamma. So what exactly should I grab out of that section?

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm sorry that all is outdated. (well the wiki maybe not completly).

For compatiblity look at my sig. (bookmark that)

And for disc launching use either latest SoftChip (r99 with Fake IOS Version enabled, Remove 002 OFF) or latest NeoGamma(R6).

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, I"ll give NeoGamma a shot since it was recommended in the thread I linked in my post. Hope this works.

Thank you for your help.
smile.gif

EDIT: Ok, the Readme isn't telling me how to actually install it. Do I just throw the NeoGamma folder on the root of the sd card and launch the boot.dol through the homebrew channel?

xxxacexxx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No place the boot.dol in a folder named Neogamma and place that folder in the apps folder on your sd card. Then launch it from the homebrew channel. oki doki....xxxacexxx

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you for answering my stupid questions. I haven't dealt with wii homebrew for a few months now, and I kind of forgot how to do all this.

But thank you.

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ha! It actually worked, I got Warioland Shake It! to work. Now I'm going to grab MadWorld. I don't see anything on that game in the list in WiiPowers link, so I'm assuming it works fine?

Thanks again.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Not all not working games are in my list, maybe 2-3 or missing, but the games played by lots of people should all be listed.

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok guys, can you give me some help on how to get Madworld going?

I downloaded the Error 002 Fix from here, and I threw it in my apps folder. And it shows up in HBC as a Backup Launcher. So I start the backup launcher and click Play Game. The game tries to load, but then I get an error on screen saying something like The Disc Could Not Be Read. Which I get this same error when I try to load it with NeoGamma. Now obviously I think I'm doing something wrong, but I just don't know what.

Thank you for any help.

EDIT: I tried it with SoftChip also, and this is the error I get:

Exception: Ioctl error (DI_Read ID)

I tried it with Fake IOS Enabled, Remove 002 On. And then I tried it with every combination between the two, and I always get the same error. So I'm not sure what's going on with it.

WiiPower

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
To get rid of 002 you need either NeoGamma(anti 002 fix is for when the IOS does the faulty 002 patch) or Fake IOS Version in SoftChip, Remove 002 is bad.

When SoftChip can't read the disc id, but can read other games, it's either a bad burn or you used a DVD+R without knowing what bitsetting is.

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply. And actually SoftChip wouldn't read my Warioland Shake It! disc either. I just got done grabbing Mario Kart Wii. So I'm going to burn that and see if it works on NeoGamma and SoftChip(which I'm guessing it should).

So, you think since NeoGamma is giving me the Can't Read Disc, Consult the Manual error, and SoftChip can't read it, that it may be a bad burn and not a 002 error? And I'm using DVD-R's.

EDIT: Yeah, I just burnt Mario Kart and it plays beautifully. So hopefully that's all the problem is with Madworld. I burnt Madworld at 4x, so maybe I'll try at 8x(my medias speed is 16x).

h8uthemost

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, I just wanted to bump this to let you know that I reburnt Madworld at 6x, and it booted right up.
smile.gif
So I guess it was just a bad burn. I still don't know why Softchip won't play any of the games I burnt though, and NeoGamma will.

Thank you for your help guys. It's really appreciated.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: 24,000 hmmmm lol