Gaming NDS & Wii Games Expected: Week Ending July 11th 2008 + Preview&#33

Batman55

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Rune Factory Frontier won't come out here until like late 2009 (if it really does have a winter 2008 release for Japan)
frown.gif
I really wish a larger company published those game so more people could work on the localization. They are really a breath of fresh air for the series, and this Wii game looks to fix my only complaint with the DS game... the butt ugly 3D characters. It actually looks VERY good for a Wii game, I am surprised a small dev can make such a good looking game and larger ones (like ubisoft) make ugly games.

blahman

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ME0000924925_2.jpg

This screen so reminds me of Fire Emblem lol
It looks like a brigand vs a cavalier.

or maybe im just looking forward to new FE a bit too much.

VmprHntrD

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hadrian said:
Vampire Hunter D said:
Ya know Civilization was also on the SuperNES and had SNES Mouse support too and was a really decent conversion.
Think there was one on 3DO too.

Goes to show that the people who write the company blurbs for game don't really do their research and also that I hardly read them properly.

ph34r.gif

I'm not so sure it was. All I could find is what the wiki backs up saying it's on: MS-DOS, Windows, Macintosh, Amiga, Atari ST, Super NES. I still find the SNES one stunning despite all the shorter comings of the console vs all those computer versions it was intact and was one of a select few that used the mouse.

Hadrian

Literally as TIGHT as a gnats chuff.
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here are some games that were meant for release on the 2nd but are now out this week instead (I hope):

AMF Bowling Pinbusters!

Region North America Genre: Bowling
Developer: Vir2L Studios Publisher: Bethesda Game Studios

Vir2L Studios have two games this week though these two are their first DS titles having onyl worked on mobile phone games before. This game appears to be a port of AMF Bowling Deluxe 3D which was a decent mobile title but after Midnight Play Pack is just one game enough? What can they offer on a £19.99 DS title that will cost £3 for the mobile?

Bowl in exotic locations such as the Route 66, Spielgasse, Hong Kong Penthouse Palace, Studio 77, Ten-pin Shrine, Highland Bowling, Deep Space Lanes and more! Choose from 12 unique characters, each with their own signature move. Experience multiplayer fun with Pass & Play, local wireless, or with the global Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. Challenge yourself with four single-player modes including: World Cup, Precision, Duckpins, or Practice. Unlock key character features such as special bowling balls & shoes. Use the Psyche meter to build Psyche points and unleash the "Special Move" with its unstoppable strike 'em down power!

So WFC huh? Could be worth trying as Bowling is essentially only fun with others.

Video Link (Download Only)

screen9_l.gif
screen12_l.gif
screen7_l.gif

Ducati Racing

approvege0.png

Region North America Genre: Motorbike Racing
Developer: Vir2L Studios Publisher: Bethesda Game Studios

Another title from Vir2L Studios & this time a racer.

Get on the gas in the exciting Nintendo DS roadracing action on a Ducati, the ultimate expression of the most extreme racing machine today! Just like the Ducati, this action-packed NDS game is built for a single-minded purpose - experience the thrill! Choose a Monster or Superbike and ride the fastest stopping and quickest lapping Ducati, known the world over as the most powerful and best handling motorcycles. Want to mix it up? Climb aboard the Hypermotard and take on asphalt canyons, mountain curves or dirt roads with total abandon. Compete in 50 Challenges across five exotic locations in one of the numerous single player modes or challenge a friend in multiplayer mode! Get on your NDS Ducati now for full stop and fast forward action!

Race in five Championship Events including Time Attack, Race, Eliminator, Race Line, and Stunt Challenge. Challenge yourself in exotic locations such as Morocco, Italy, Hong Kong, and more. Take on opponents via local wireless or through Nintendo WiFi Connection. Choose from 11 Ducati motorcycles including the Monster, Hypermotard, 848 & 1098 Superbikes, and Desmosedici RR. Choose from eight unique characters each in their own colorful and distinctive leathers. Experience the arcade-style roadracing with power sliding, wheelies, and on-track jumps. New stunt modes including wheelies, burnouts and jumps.

Sounds good and it has WFC! The developers also did Ducati 3D Extreme for the mobile and that was a very enjoyable racer especially for the mobile, I hope they can look at the DS platform and do a good enough job for this.

Video Link

ducati-moto-20080430104718516_640w.jpg
ducati-moto-20080430104719220_640w.jpg
ducati-moto-20080430104714813_640w.jpg

Maktub

Trophies
XP
Country
Szyslak said:
That is an unbelievable amount of good information in one post Hadrian. I don't know how you keep up with all of it. I have a huge amount of respect for what you do for the community.

I wish someone would organize my life this well.
wacko.gif
I say more or less the same.

And thanks and all the stuff. Seems like a good load of games for next couple of months!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Chips Ahoy cookies :D:wub::D