Gaming NDS emulator for PSP

tijntje_7

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
o.o

How would you EVER get two screens, one of those a touch screen, on a non-touch screen psp?
On a computer it's possible because of the mouse...
On an iPad it MIGHT be possible because of the bigger screen, touch screen, and processor...
The only device that MIGHT be capable of ds emulation besides the computer is an iPad...
But the psp doesn't have a touchscreen o.o

One ds screen is slightly smaller than the psp screen, how would you fit two on the psp screen?

I don't own a psp myself, so I'm not sure about the screen size
tongue.gif
but I thought it was slightly bigger

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
tijntje_7 said:
o.o

How would you EVER get two screens, one of those a touch screen, on a non-touch screen psp?
On a computer it's possible because of the mouse...
On an iPad it MIGHT be possible because of the bigger screen, touch screen, and processor...
The only device that MIGHT be capable of ds emulation besides the computer is an iPad...
But the psp doesn't have a touchscreen o.o

One ds screen is slightly smaller than the psp screen, how would you fit two on the psp screen?

I don't own a psp myself, so I'm not sure about the screen size
tongue.gif
but I thought it was slightly bigger

I believe the plan was to only emulate the top screen, to play pokemon, for example. I'm not sure about that.

xist

ΚΑΤΑ ΤΟΝ ΔΑΙΜΟΝΑ ΕΑΥΤΟΥ
Trophies
XP
Country
It was POC only...and besides there are plenty of decent non touch screen games.

Shackled

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I ask because I've seen on Youtube people operating NDS emulators on their PSPs although they are often very slow but they do somehow incorporate the touch screen as well. I would like an efficient NDS emulator so that I can play DS games on the go without having to resort to buying a flash card - I tried to buy one by the way but unfortunately, it seemed to have got lost in the mail or customs might have confiscated it without my knowledge so in case of the latter being true, I am not risking it anymore.

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
Shackled said:
I ask because I've seen on Youtube people operating NDS emulators on their PSPs although they are often very slow but they do somehow incorporate the touch screen as well. I would like an efficient NDS emulator so that I can play DS games on the go without having to resort to buying a flash card - I tried to buy one by the way but unfortunately, it seemed to have got lost in the mail or customs might have confiscated it without my knowledge so in case of the latter being true, I am not risking it anymore.
just buy another flashcard. emulation can't beat the real hardware and flashcards are pretty cheap nowadays.

CrashmanX

Current project: SD Gundam G Generation Overworld
Trophies
Website
boards.4chan.org
XP
Country
United States
Shackled said:

OK so buy from a trusted Company/source. I got my Cyclo Evolution from Real Hot Stuff, however if you dont live in the states are want to buy it from elsewhere heres a list of places that sell it http://www.cyclopsds.com/cgi-bin/cyclods/e...page=wheretobuy

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
He's Aussie so here's a reputable Aussie flashcart shop. They've provided samples for GBAtemp to review (such as the WODE) and they have an account for the forum to respond to any threads regarding them.

Not sure of any other Aussie modchip stores unfortunately, I'm US based myself so I usually buy from RealHotStuff (since they're located about 20 mins from me so my stuff gets here in about a day).

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Guild McCommunist said:
He's Aussie so here's a reputable Aussie flashcart shop. They've provided samples for GBAtemp to review (such as the WODE) and they have an account for the forum to respond to any threads regarding them.

Not sure of any other Aussie modchip stores unfortunately, I'm US based myself so I usually buy from RealHotStuff (since they're located about 20 mins from me so my stuff gets here in about a day).
There are others, but that's pretty much the one you want to get it from since they're the cheapest and even if they aren't, they'll price match. Don't wait for an emulator for PSP because it's simply not capable of it and that's disregarding control issues. Get a flashcart from OzModChips and you won't need to worry about customs confiscating it.

Lodis

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nico445 said:
Shackled said:
just buy another flashcard. emulation can't beat the real hardware and flashcards are pretty cheap nowadays.

On the right system, emulation can beat the real hardware, just not on the Psp.

jan777

motion control..? srsly? so 2008. 3DS is teh bombz
Trophies
XP
Country
Shackled said:
Is there a NDS emulator for PSP or has that idea been totally scrapped?

Im gonna directly answer your question.

There is one.
The idea might not be totally scraped, but I dont think anyone is still bothering with it.

And i tried this emulator, you play it with your psp on sideways. didnt play any game i put in though.

Adr990

To boldly go where no man has gone before!
Trophies
Website
www.hyrule.net
XP
Country
Netherlands

Shackled

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
nutella5600 said:
Guild McCommunist said:

There are others, but that's pretty much the one you want to get it from since they're the cheapest and even if they aren't, they'll price match. Don't wait for an emulator for PSP because it's simply not capable of it and that's disregarding control issues. Get a flashcart from OzModChips and you won't need to worry about customs confiscating it.

I have known about OzModChips and other stores such as Quadtronics but why I tried to buy from overseas in the first place is because their prices are just ridiculously expensive. For example, an R4 card apparently costs 5 bucks USD at a variety of non-Australian stores yet at OzModChips, $44 AUD for the same product - that spread is really BS. So while I face risk from customs confiscating a flashcart, I want to find a shop that has recently successfully delivered flashcarts to Australia to mitigate that but I guess in the mean time, I will be using emulators at home.

Anyways, since nobody seems to be developing the idea, which is understandable, then I guess I will continue my endeavour of finding accessible and affordable NDS gaming elsewhere.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: oof