OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hi, as many of you guys probably know, DS Diagnose app for the NDS
very nifty and very useful, though I have a issues with it, and hopefully can be mended with patches (as to AP patches and the like)

I use Diagnose a lot for I repair DS's on a daily basis,

I know it takes a while for the menu to load, and that flourish music plays non stop.
(yes It's catchy!)

from what I know, greater feats can be done with the patches, fix AP, translate, cheat,

what I wish to know, is, is it possible to patch the Diagnose APP to SKIP the long Intro Scenes (or reduce the time delay), and disable the wait for touch to continue event?

I've done some minor GS hacking back in the day with the PSone, button events, and minor walkthroughwalls codes with gameshark and minor x86 asm, I'm pretty sure it's possible to Jump from near EP to the menu (ie, like patching nag screens on naggy apps on windoez ;p)

wish someone could assist.

Thank you, Greetings from PH.

chyyran

somehow a weeb now.
Developer
Trophies
Website
ronnchyran.com
XP
Country
Canada
You gotta ask Spinal to change that. That is if he still has the source. If not, then it's not possible AFAIK, but if you have the source, it's relatively easy.
Commercial roms are not the same as PALib Homebrews.

BTW, Wrong section.
EDIT: 700th post
smile.gif

Reactions: anotherthing

tmtmac2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
that's what I have initially in mind,

and I know it should be easy if I had the source and just compile ;p
so any other way?

btw it could be either this
QUOTE said:
NDS - ROM Hacking and Translations
or QUOTENDS - Emulation and Homebrew

anyway, Thanks
smile.gif

tmtmac2

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Prof. 9 said:
Hax:

Skip flash screens:
0000C850: 5A 97 00 EB -> 09 00 00 EA

Disable music:
00012194: 3C E0 9F E5 -> 10 80 BD E8

Works for me on No$.

EDIT: This is for the version I found here: http://www.ds-xtra.com/DiagnoSe

Thanks Prof. 9,
seems like the version above is either the latest or the earlier, first screen was different from what I have (qj.net I think)

I was testing it earlier, trying to add it as an AR code, though both sound nor screens were'nt skipped/removed,
maybe I'm doing something wrong, or I missed something

Skip (address value)
CODE0000C850 090000EA

correct my if i'm wrong, r4 cheats is the other way around, value address?
I tried both,
AR ADDRESS VALUE
AR VALUE ADDRESS
on no$ and desmume
and both the same at
r4Cheats (I took the gameid of diagnoise.nds and added it on the list)
but none seem to work, (I was hoping that if this indeed work, it could be merged on the allusercheat file)

any advise is appreciated and Thank you for the help.

Greets from PH

loco365

Trophies
XP
tmtmac2 said:
Prof. 9 said:
Hax:

Skip flash screens:
0000C850: 5A 97 00 EB -> 09 00 00 EA

Disable music:
00012194: 3C E0 9F E5 -> 10 80 BD E8

Works for me on No$.

EDIT: This is for the version I found here: http://www.ds-xtra.com/DiagnoSe

Thanks Prof. 9,
seems like the version above is either the latest or the earlier, first screen was different from what I have (qj.net I think)

I was testing it earlier, trying to add it as an AR code, though both sound nor screens were'nt skipped/removed,
maybe I'm doing something wrong, or I missed something

Skip (address value)
CODE0000C850 090000EA

correct my if i'm wrong, r4 cheats is the other way around, value address?
I tried both,
AR ADDRESS VALUE
AR VALUE ADDRESS
on no$ and desmume
and both the same at
r4Cheats (I took the gameid of diagnoise.nds and added it on the list)
but none seem to work, (I was hoping that if this indeed work, it could be merged on the allusercheat file)

any advise is appreciated and Thank you for the help.

Greets from PH
That's because they are not AR codes. You open Diagnose in a Hex editor and go to the addresses and change bytes. Basically,

Go to address 00012914 and look for the bytes that appear on the left side of the arrow and change those bytes to the ones on the right-hand side.

You don't need codes now. You can edit it, copy it, and boot it. Just make sure you download the copy of Diagnose that is posted in that link because newer revisions may have different addresses.

SimplyDoes

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This link no longer works. Reaching out in case anyone happens to still have access to that version. Looking to have DiagnoSe without the intro to make fixing DS's faster.

Reactions: Apache Thunder

Apache Thunder

I have cameras in your head!
Trophies
Website
www.mariopc.co.nr
XP
Country
United States
Funny that you necro'd this when you did. I ordered an N-Card from eBay last month and it finally arrived this morning. Guess what it had on it already? DiagnoSe!

I don't know if this is the version you seek but I shall post it just in case. This one last modified date was 7/23/2007 by the way.

EDIT: Doesn't look like the original bytes at the patch offsets match up so probably not correct. I can toss this into Ghidra when I have some free time and see if I can spot the stuff I need to disable in that.

EDIT2: I've successfully skipped the intro and disabled music! For the version I posted open the NDS file in hex editor and go to this offset. I've included patched versions in case you don't wish to do this yourself. I wouldn't know how to generate AR codes for this....I'll leave this to someone else to figure out. :P

No Intro:
Offset B86C: 96 05 FF EB -> 7C F5 FF EB

No Music:
Offset 11188: 3C E0 9F E5 -> 10 80 BD E8

This position in Ghidra for skipping NoIntro:
1711258063257.png

Change the referenced function name to match FUN_02008c64. This appears to effectively skip the intro sequence. The no music patch I quickly found with just hex editor so nothing to show in Ghidra for that one.

The referenced function names may be different if you are intending to try this on a different version of DiagnoSe then what I have since Ghidra names the functions based on their offset in the arm binary, but the surrounding code should be similar so that screenshot will help in locating it for your version of the app. ;)

Posted pre-patched versions. One with just the no intro skip and one with both patches applied. Tested this and appears to work as intended on hardware. Enjoy! :D

Attachments

• DiagnoSe.zip
    434.5 KB · Views: 7
  • DiagnoSe_Patched.zip
    869 KB · Views: 8
Last edited by Apache Thunder,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/NGOSybO-5R4?si=SmiQ0UaynHR80xC9