ROM Hack NBA Jam Rewind Vol 1 (Jordan & Shaq Arcade Hack)

Ponlork

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

NBA Jam Rewind is a ROM hack of NBA Jam TE (rev 2.1 2/06/94) that adds Michael Jordan and Shaquille O'Neal into the lineup. Along with this, the secret Midway team is unlocked at default.

Revision 2.1 was chosen for this project as it contains the Backboard shattering effect, fatalities, Mortal Kombat characters, playable cheerleaders and several more hidden players that were removed in later revisions.

Patch: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/6989/

kid sampson

Trophies
XP
Country
United States

NBA Jam Rewind is a ROM hack of NBA Jam TE (rev 2.1 2/06/94) that adds Michael Jordan and Shaquille O'Neal into the lineup. Along with this, the secret Midway team is unlocked at default.

Revision 2.1 was chosen for this project as it contains the Backboard shattering effect, fatalities, Mortal Kombat characters, playable cheerleaders and several more hidden players that were removed in later revisions.

Patch: https://www.romhacking.net/hacks/6989/

I understand why the author chose this revision but it's also one of the more difficult ones to find. Has anyone patched this successfully and gotten it to boot using FBNEO via RetroArch? I'm trying to run it on my Switch and that seems to be the only viable option.

LegzRwheelz

Trophies
Scrolling here learning to mod my dishwasher
XP
Country
United States
I understand why the author chose this revision but it's also one of the more difficult ones to find. Has anyone patched this successfully and gotten it to boot using FBNEO via RetroArch? I'm trying to run it on my Switch and that seems to be the only viable option.
I got it to boot but had a few grapical errors and some crc errors when patching. I am still searching for the right one, if only we had a damn CRC to go by...

UPDATE
Sooo... I got it patched correctly, If you are still interested it wasn't that hard. Why they were being so cryptic about it is beyond me though. To accomplish this do the following:

1. READ his ReadMe file. It is filled with pertinent information about what to do with the files, how to properly emulate it and the file and folder structure which is entirely dependant upon how you plan to run the game. ie: MAME or RetroArch-FBNeo. I am not going over that here since it is already outlined in his ReadMe.
  2. Ensure you have a PROPER v1 rom, it will be 5.6mb.
  3. Next grab 2.0 and 2.1
  4. Extract v1.0, then 2.0 and finally 2.1... make sure you extract 2.1 last, this is super important.
  5. This part is long winded but I am trying to convey how I did this because this part is tedious and easy to muck up.
  6. Figure out a system for you that helps you keep track of which you have patched. What I did was:
    1. I decided that I wanted to use the option smack talking files. Moved them into the folder containing all of the other patches.
    2. Next, I moved all of the target files (the game files that are needed for patching) into a directory of its own>open that folder in a window of its own>Next I opened the folder containing of the patches (the .bps files) and 'snapped' both windows side-by-side to fill the screen>Next, I created a new folder inside both folders, the patch folder and the game files folder. I did this so that everytime I successfully patched a file, I would drag that patch into the new folder within that directory. Same with the patched rom files, those would get dragged into their new folder.
  7. Repeat this process until all files are patched. If you didn't get any hash errors, you will be fine. If you did, retrace your steps. You may have a bad 1.0 rom.
  8. After you get everything patched, move all newly patched files and the remainder of the rom files that you left behind in step 6.2, make sure all rom files are together.
  9. Like I said above, what you do with the files differs greatly depending upon how you plan to emulate it.
    1. As for how to archive the files:
    2. If you have WinRAR installed, highlight all the ROM files>"add to archive...">select "zip" and under compression level, select "store".
    3. Name it "nbajamte2.zip"
    4. Make sure you didn't archive the folder containing the ROM files, you want only the files inside the archive.
    5. I don't use 7zip so I can't instruct you on how to do it with that app but the important thing is making sure you don't have the files inside a folder in the archive and it must be in the zip format and 'stored", no compression.
  10. Launch the game in either mame or FBNeo.
NOTE: If you have any questions feel free to ask or shoot me a message on here. I don't have many friends so having someone new to talk to is always nice. Good luck and LMK how it goes

Last edited by LegzRwheelz,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    realtimesave @ realtimesave: lol there's a guy selling mig switch in usa on ebay for $200/ea he's definitely going to get...