Nathan Drake's Actor for Movie Adaptation Named

tom-holland-uncharted.jpg

Yes, it's Spider-Man: Homecoming’s Tom Holland who will apparently get in the shoes of Nathan Drake, according to an exclusive report by Deadline.

First announced in 2009, it looks like Sony Pictures is moving ahead with the movie and even did some reconfiguration to base the story around a young Nathan Drake, taking inspiration from Uncharted 3: Drake’s Deception hence the choice of the 20-year old actor. The story will also include Nathan's first encounter with the professional rogue, Sullivan.

This reformulation of the franchise was an inspiration of Sony Pictures chief Tom Rothman after seeing the latest cut of the Spider-Man film, says the report.

Deadline also reports that Sony Pictures will now set a new scribe to draft the story line that captures the protagonist as he grows into the treasure hunter Nathan Drake.

While the movie doesn't have a release date nor a final title, we can still discuss about it in the light of the new information. What do you think of the choice to use Tom Holland to portray protagonist? Will you be interested to see a movie that focuses on Nathan Drake's youth?

:arrow: SOURCE

tbb043

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
LOL is it a Uncharted the Babby Years prequel, where he use maps from fast food tray liners and tries to go uncover the Golden Happy meal at the end of a treacherous maze filled with Fry Guys and Hamburglars?

Oh Hollywood, never stop sucking...

S

Saiyan Lusitano

That's unfortunate. The guy looks nothing like Drake.

I was hoping that they'd hire James Wolk, Nolan North or Desmond Harrington. Hell, why didn't they just hire Nolan North? He's the voice of Drake after all.

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
LOL is it a Uncharted the Babby Years prequel, where he use maps from fast food tray liners and tries to go uncover the Golden Happy meal at the end of a treacherous maze filled with Fry Guys and Hamburglars?

Oh Hollywood, never stop sucking...

It sounds like a plot for a Rugrats episode so it might work :P

But in a more serious note, yes he does look way too young to portray Nathan Drake. Actually I would totally see a slightly younger Nathan Fillion for the role (not necessarily for his acting skills, but more for his face)

S

Saiyan Lusitano

LOL, "Uncharted: Babies".

With that casting, there's no way they're not doing some sort of "origins" story of how Nathan Drake became Nathan Drake.
Which will probably suck.

"Uncharted: The Early Years"

Yes, it's Spider-Man: Homecoming’s
Had you not mentioned that, I wouldn't have known who that was.

franchy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
LMAO

Manly, stud Nathan Drake gets played by a Highschool Freshman looking person! ...Awesome acting right there!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1