Hacking Nand Saves Emulation??

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
On USB Loader GX there's an option for "Nand Saves Emulation". I currently have that option set to FULL. Can someone explain what this option is truly doing, and which saves it's effecting?

Also, is there any way to direct Wii (disc) game saves to specific folder, similar to the way Nintendont handles GC game saves?

Reactions: ayy_lmao

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Full save emulation gets everything from the emulated NAND filesystem - network config, game saves, remote syncs. Partial only uses the dumped NAND for the game saves and gets everything else from your real NAND.

You can change where the save emulation stores files in custom paths. The first option (NAND emu path) is for saves, the second (NAND channel path) is for a full NAND dump with WiiWare/VC, etc on it.

You don't actually have to dump anything to the save emu NAND if you want them separate. You can just create a folder and point the loader at it.

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Partial only uses the dumped NAND for the game saves and gets everything else from your real NAND.

Is that true? So I can use my systems real sysconfig by setting NAND Saves Emulation to Partial?

You don't actually have to dump anything to the save emuNAND if you want them separate. You can just create a folder and point the loader at it.
So if I just point to an empty folder with no NAND dump, it places the saves there?

Last edited by portugeek,

portugeek

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Alright so I'm back at this issue again.

Currently I have two locations with EmuNAND saves but it doesn't seem to be seeing the one I'm pointing at. It has me questioning, AGAIN, how does the "Nand Saves Emulation", with the "Partial" setting enabled, actually work.

Here's how I have it set...
Nand Saves Emulation = Partial
Nand Chan. Emulation = Neek

Nand Emu Path = usb1:/nandsaves/
Nand Emu Channel Path = usb1:/nands/EmuNAND_01/

My understanding is that emulated nand save files are stored in whichever folder the "Nand Emu Path" is pointing to. Currently, it's pointing to my "nandsaves" folder. The problem is that everytime I launch a VC game it's grabbing the save file stored in the "EmuNAND_01" folder instead of the one it's pointing to.

Anyone know what I may be missing?

UPDATE: I'm going to guess that my issue is being caused by the fact that "Nand Chan. Emulation" is being handled by Neek. My thinking is that once USBLoaderGX accesses the Neek environment, that Neek then handles all functions associated with the emulated nand. Affectively forcing all the saves to be loaded, or stored, on whichever EmuNAND that Neek is actively accessing.

Last edited by portugeek,

GreyWolf

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NAND Save Emu path is only for disc-based games. Nand Channel Emu path is for channel titles like WiiWare, etc. NAND-based games you launch using emulated NAND will save in the emu channel paths folder in their own /title/*/data/ path.

Reactions: ayy_lmao

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKyNPg7UIIc