Name The Movie : Remakes, Retellings and Adaptations

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
cracker said:
Nice ending but nowhere near the realm of reality.
smile.gif

I honestly couldn't sit through the whole film mate! The original is one of my favourite films, and the remake took everything that made the original great and threw it in the rubbish. lol The main characters had none of the traits that made them "scary" in the original, and it tried to explain too much. It's one of my most hated remakes along with the remake of When A Stranger Calls. Even Tim Burtons Planet of the Apes remake rates higher!

i agree, the remake wasnt that good. i like how the original was just raw and gritty. every time i watch it i want to watch 'i spit on your grave' along with it, lol. also, finally, someone who thought the original of when a stranger calls (or even knew there was one, for that matter) was better than a remake. what a terrible, terrible remake.

MFDC12

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i know this movie but i cant remember the name ugh! it will come to me haha

btw this film is not yet rated = amazing documentary

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
MFDC12 said:
i know this movie but i cant remember the name ugh! it will come to me haha

btw this film is not yet rated = amazing documentary

Yeah, I didn't (and most people don't) know how shady the rating system is. I wonder if it is as bad with the ESRB (don't think it is because of things like God of War cutscenes, graphic war games, etc).
QUOTE(dinofan01 @ Sep 17 2010, 02:37 AM) oceans 11

Winner winner chicken dinner!

Scores:

LocoRoco : 5
junn : 4
Szyslak : 3
TrolleyDave : 3
cracker : 3
dinofan01 : 3
MFDC12 : 2
Conor : 1
gameboy13 : 1
Logan 5 : 1
Scott-105 : 1
toh_yxes : 1
w!! : 1

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Hook?

MFDC12 said:
i agree, the remake wasnt that good. i like how the original was just raw and gritty. every time i watch it i want to watch 'i spit on your grave' along with it, lol. also, finally, someone who thought the original of when a stranger calls (or even knew there was one, for that matter) was better than a remake. what a terrible, terrible remake.

Exactly. Plus Krug and Co were crazy, they just enjoyed being mean and sadistic. The film never tried to explain why or anything, unlike the remake. Also showing them escape at the beginning ruined part of the atmosphere. In the original when you say Junkie you didn't know he was going to be part of a vicious gang. He just seemed like a loser trying to score. Whereas in the remake you knew they were all bad before you even met the girls. There were just so many things wrong with it. And yeah, I loved the original When A Stranger Calls. Been one of my favourite films since I was a kid.

TrolleyDave

Philosolosophising
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
dinofan01 said:
damn you trolley!....but no. im sure next try will be right.

rofl2.gif
Damn you dino! I thought I'd got it right for a second there! I'll leave it for someone else to guess next. I hate doing the guess after guess thing, it feels unfair.

dinofan01

Misses the old days...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
TrolleyDave said:
dinofan01 said:
damn you trolley!....but no. im sure next try will be right.

rofl2.gif
Damn you dino! I thought I'd got it right for a second there! I'll leave it for someone else to guess next. I hate doing the guess after guess thing, it feels unfair.

haha a man with honor! i can respect that! lol

QUOTE(TwinRetro @ Sep 16 2010, 07:07 PM)
Peter Pan! Hah! I would have guessed Hook also, but that doesn't look like Rufio.
correct!

Scores:

LocoRoco : 5
junn : 4
Szyslak : 3
TrolleyDave : 3
cracker : 3
dinofan01 : 3
MFDC12 : 2
Conor : 1
gameboy13 : 1
Logan 5 : 1
Scott-105 : 1
toh_yxes : 1
w!! : 1
twin retro: 1

cracker

Nyah!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OT: *Sorry if I got your hopes up Trolley* I watched the original Last House on the Left and I just went away with feelings like if the SweatHogs had raped and killing ppl... Not that the remake is good but just ok...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BakerMan
    I rather enjoy a life of taking it easy. I haven't reached that life yet though.
    BakerMan @ BakerMan: 😭