Name The Movie - Classics

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
KingdomBlade said:
Hey, since it's already April 22 and I'm the highest, does that mean I win?

I would think that's the case. Congrats on knowing more about the classics than the rest of us.
tongue.gif

Vulpes Abnocto

Not Dead Yet
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
FINAL SCORES:

KingdomBlade: 8

Vulpes Abnocto: 7
junn: 5
hullo8d: 4
Nathan Drake: 3
FAST6191 : 3
becat: 3
nebula91: 2
Vidboy10: 2
Duskye: 2
30084pm: 1
smash_brew: 1
Maverick_z: 1
Narayan : 1
greyfox2401: 1
MidNightNeko: 1
m3rox: 1

Congratulations and well done, KayBee!
(you even edged out this old fart.....err.....movie buff
happy.gif
)
You now get final say on what our next game topic will be, and the forced responsibility err... opportunity to open the next round.

For now, I believe it's time for us to discuss how we want the rules to be modified.
It seems like the addition of the SHA1 hash is easy enough for most people to remember (apart from newcomers to the game.)
Explanation of the SHA1 hash process can be found here. Thank you again FAST.
But the concern has been raised that many IMDB pages have their hash tags listed elsewhere online, (partly due to our games here) making cheating more of a possibility.
So instead of using the entire IMDB URL, we need to be using a portion of the URL, The URL with an addition, the name of the movie itself, or something else easily located/remembered.

We will almost certainly be doing away with the rule about PMing the answer to anybody, which will also discard the restriction on people guessing the movie immediately after their own.

Please post your thoughts on this.

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
How about this part?

tt0064116
out of this:
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0064116/

That works, it's easy and simple enough to remember.

As for the topic, I was thinking of feminist (only movies with female protagonists), 21st Century (that would be fun), drama or romance (since they haven't been started yet not surprisingly), and finally, Really Bad.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I did a few searches and we are already coming up- perhaps instead a search for the IMDB cast listing or something obscure in there that changes the URL (try and make it likely to come up- not every film has an audio listing).

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0092106/trivia or something or we could switch up next time and use a more exotic type (sidenote- searching for exotic hash tends not to bring results I wanted here) with something like http://hash.online-convert.com/sha384-generator
I suggest we pick one for the round to save us poisoning our own well.

As for topic suggestions I like some of those but we run the risk of running out of films- some of those have come up before
Really bad is somewhat similar to box office bombs (there have not been that many), equally I am sure we have all seen more than our fair share of bad films/flims made for next to nothing by an unknown director which then means we will always be cancelling out films* for others not to mention it does not do wonders in terms of regions.

*a surprising lack of that happening this time around- I was somewhat shocked.

Female protagonists lest we start splitting hairs or having films with notable female roles might get a bit tricky as well ( The Last Seduction is about all I have in mind at this point).

This being said we did manage a fairly active fantasy round.

Rather than shoot things down I should probably kick in a suggestion or two

Based on a true story (maybe at a stretch based on a historical "legend"- thinking something like an Arthurian film rather than something based on say the crucible*).

*I have forgotten the name of the film, I would really rather not be reminded. Of course I have not shown such kindness to others so do as you would.

I am struggling to word it but films from actors now or generally better known for their TV work/having had a (recent?) notable TV role. It might not have worked 5 years ago but these days it seems TV is where it is at.
Something like

As this is an example ROT13 ( http://www.rot13.com/index.php ) of the name of the film and a rough idea.
Cnlpurpx

Zvpunry P. Unyy
Orggre xabja sbe
Fvk Srrg Haqre naq Qrkgre

Apologies for the terrible quality; I must stop using youtube trailers for this sort of thing. Equally it was something of a minor role in that film so it might not have been the best example.

Another option
Spy/con/big twist type films.

Equally have we really not done a martial arts round? (question in that case- does hard boiled count as a martial arts film?)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-