Name five games you would like to see on the SNES Classic?

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Why only 5?
Super Mario RPG (Europe never got this and still hasn't gotten it in VC releases so it would be awesome to finally get it by official means)
Super Mario World
Donkey Kong Country 1-3

Additionally:
Super Mario All-Stars
Bubsy
Gradius III
Darius Twin
Super Castlevania IV

Except for SMRPG these are basically just my childhood games.

because if i said 30 (amount the nes Classic had) not everyone would take part even know that much.

i mean you can say 30 if you like, no one will stop you.

Last edited by Flame,

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Obviously Yoshi's Island 5 times, what more could you ask for?

But I guess if you had to ask for more
FF3(6)
Chrono Trigger
Link to the Past
Mario RPG
Seems a bit expensive just to play Yoshi's Island. :P
because if i said 30 (amount the nes Classic had) not everyone would take part even know that much.

i mean you can say 30 if you like, no one will stop you.
I mean, you could just not have a specific number :P
How bout 5 games you don't want on snes classic? :P
That's easy. Just look through all the AVGN videos and pick 5 SNES games at random.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That's easy. Just look through all the AVGN videos and pick 5 SNES games at random.
That isn't a fair choice, those games are never and would ever be considered to be on that snes classic. Since is probably IP lost. I'm being a bit more realistic here, games that could get on there but you don't wanna see. Like bomberman, or Adventure island, or Super mario world 2 yoshi's island. Or even star fox. You making it easy by using a simple reference, make is a bit more challenging why don't you?:mellow:

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Zombies (ate my neighbours)
Super protector/Contra 3
super Mario world
Sunset Riders
Bomber-man 1/2/3 (either, all are good)

(I'm seeing the system as a more multiplayer friendly thing you could take to a friends house and play old classics)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
That isn't a fair choice, those games are never and would ever be considered to be on that snes classic. Since is probably IP lost. I'm being a bit more realistic here, games that could get on there but you don't wanna see. Like bomberman, or Adventure island, or Super mario world 2 yoshi's island. Or even star fox. You making it easy by using a simple reference, make is a bit more challenging why don't you?:mellow:
I'm not the most knowledgeable on SNES games, but I do have a full romset laying around and a few times when I was bored I've picked games at random and played them, and I can safely say that most of them are games I wouldn't want on the SNES Classic. They all got boring pretty quickly. They were all games I had never heard of before (If I had heard of them I probably would have already played them if they were any good), so probably not the sort of titles Nintendo would include, as the games on the NES Classic were all well known games, even if they weren't necessarily the best choices.

This time around I hope they include more than 30 games. 30 just isn't enough to get a taste of everything the SNES has to offer. There are so many good games of all sorts of genres. They can charge more for it if they have to, it was proven with the NES Classic that people are clearly willing to pay more. And it would be nice if you had the option to buy additional games.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not the most knowledgeable on SNES games, but I do have a full romset laying around and a few times when I was bored I've picked games at random and played them, and I can safely say that most of them are games I wouldn't want on the SNES Classic. They all got boring pretty quickly. They were all games I had never heard of before (If I had heard of them I probably would have already played them if they were any good), so probably not the sort of titles Nintendo would include, as the games on the NES Classic were all well known games, even if they weren't necessarily the best choices.

This time around I hope they include more than 30 games. 30 just isn't enough to get a taste of everything the SNES has to offer. There are so many good games of all sorts of genres. They can charge more for it if they have to, it was proven with the NES Classic that people are clearly willing to pay more. And it would be nice if you had the option to buy additional games.
I doubt the intention was to offer a full library of games, it was to buy your nostalgia. :creep:

I don't see purpose in buying these kinds of things unless i was a collector or wanted something more officially licensed. My emulators on anything i can get my hands on works fine, a android tv, wii u, or any other possible solution which seem to be just as good. Nintendo isn't gonna sell many games for a low price of $60, so don't expect much.

Anyone is better off buying a real snes with flash cart like sd2snes or everdrive, or just using a emulator with HD support and a usb snes controller adapter.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don't think you understand just how much I love Yoshi's Island.
So buy it on SNES for a fraction of the price? :P
I doubt the intention was to offer a full library of games, it was to buy your nostalgia. :creep:

I don't see purpose in buying these kinds of things unless i was a collector or wanted something more officially licensed. My emulators on anything i can get my hands on works fine, a android tv, wii u, or any other possible solution which seem to be just as good. Nintendo isn't gonna sell many games for a low price of $60, so don't expect much.
Yeah... It's too bad. It would be a viable alternative to emulation if it offered all of the classics.

gamesquest1

Nabnut
Former Staff
Trophies
XP

I think this time they should do game carts so they can sell games packs separately, and a little snes cart would be awesome :P

I know many people would love to have a legal/official way to have a huge snes library without the space required (trust me its a bit bad)

plus it would mean they can broker better deals with third party devs to receive more money if a "konami" pack sells instead of brokering who deserves what from the total sales prices

Last edited by gamesquest1,

The Catboy

GBAtemp Official Catboy™: Boywife
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
So buy it on SNES for a fraction of the price? :P
I actually have my original game, I've had it since I was 4 years old :P I also have it on my GBA as well. But I am rambling now.

Reactions: hobbledehoy899

Friendsxix

Introspective Potato
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
  • Uncharted Waters: New Horizons ( This game is underappreciated. ;O; )
  • EarthBound
  • The Legend of Zelda: A Link to the Past
  • Super Mario All-Stars (with Super Mario World, preferably.)
  • Harvest Moon
I think that's a decent list. :P

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most of the reason why nes classic sold well (IN MY OPINION) is nintendo good marketing and the attention drawn to scalpers and hackers, other than that, it was a holiday gift and something to buy for someone who wanted to play some nes classic games with ease of access with friends and family especially people who aren't really into the emulation mods. A gift for some old folks who remember 1985. For someone like me who can easily just get a rom and emulator and any darn controller i have lying around the house and play the game on emulator, ANY GAME POSSIBLE, is not much money to me. I rather buy $300 android device than this product. But for $60 a raspberry pi can do the same thing and more. Not to mention the selection of games is very limited and not much to go by cause they easily could fill all 30 games with first party games, but they tried to get variety with other companies which already seem like a difficult task at low cost.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Only 5? Fukk you:lol:

One thing I did notice on the NES mini was for the most part (Mario not included) you only got one from a particular series, so with that in mind:

Donkey Kong Country 2
Megaman X1
Final Fantasy VI
Secret of Mana
And go on, I'll include Mario... Yoshi's Island! Yeah I said it, I'd pick that over SMW!

hobbledehoy899

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
The SNES Burn-In Test Cart (just because of the resynthesized Zelda II music.)

Dorke & Ymp (out of respect for all the Sweds who's either been raped or killed by the Islamic terror.)

The Tri-Star BIOS ROM (for compatibility with the NES Classic Edition.)

The version of Columns that's downloadable from Zophar's Domain (because Nintendo is still a family-friendly company that provides fun for all ages.)

The Legend of Zelda: Parallel Worlds (because it's one of the oldest ROM hacks that still stands up completely by itself.)
You just want to see the world burn, don't you? :P
Absolutely.
And go on, I'll include Mario... Yoshi's Island! Yeah I said it, I'd pick that over SMW!
Wow, you're so daring...

Last edited by hobbledehoy899,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Faust03 @ Faust03: hey the spam bots are acting up again