kiel379

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hey all
I have a N64 controller with usb adapter and was wondering if anyone knows how I could plug it into my note 2 and use it with the emulators I have installed.

_v3

Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Try getting an OTG cable and plugging it in. Most android phones recognise a good portion of controllers right off the bat with no additional stuff installed, my Xperia S recognised a ps2 and gc controller and I could use them with emus without any issues.

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An OTG cable will set you back about $5.

However this is opinion talking, not any hard facts, but I recommend skipping the OTG cable and get a $15-$20 Bluetooth gamepad that's been designed for mobile. This is mostly to solve the comfort issue as those kind of controllers come with a secure mount for your phone. An entry level moga is like $18-$20 on Amazon right now.

I connected a dualshock 3 controller to my phone, and while it did work, it was too distracting having my phone sit on a table or my lap, trying to play a game. I thought it felt too awkward and comfortable. With a moga-like controller, the screen is always right in front of my face.

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An OTG cable will set you back about $5.

However this is opinion talking, not any hard facts, but I recommend skipping the OTG cable and get a $15-$20 Bluetooth gamepad that's been designed for mobile. This is mostly to solve the comfort issue as those kind of controllers come with a secure mount for your phone. An entry level moga is like $18-$20 on Amazon right now.

I connected a dualshock 3 controller to my phone, and while it did work, it was too distracting having my phone sit on a table or my lap, trying to play a game. I thought it felt too awkward and comfortable. With a moga-like controller, the screen is always right in front of my face.

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Dont get mad about the triple post. I thought I pressed reply once and waited 10 seconds and nothing happened, and then I clicked it a second time and some reason two more posts showed up.

Your posting feature is crap gtemp... stop it.

kiel379

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Moga seems like a good idea. I'm in the UK and there quite pricey. I found a load of clone type controllers from other company's quite cheap but none of them say if they can hold a note 2.

Chocolina

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Moga seems like a good idea. I'm in the UK and there quite pricey. I found a load of clone type controllers from other company's quite cheap but none of them say if they can hold a note 2.
Whatever gamepad you're looking at, see if there is a youtube video or article that mentions phablet-model devices.

Just use Deal Extreme as a cataloge, youtube those gamepads they have, and see if it's on amazon or ebay with a more reliable shipping method.

I'm sure some can hold a Note 2, but in the event they don't, you can get creative and improvise something using a strip of velcro on the moga, and the other strip on a cheap $2 plastic hardcase to fit a Note 2. All that matters is mounting a phone's display to a comfortable position, it shoudn't matter how you do it if all you care about is the result.

I should also mention the disadvantage to bluetooth controls seems a possible 5th or 10th of a second lag/latency between the time you press a trigger to see the desired result on screen.
But if you go wireless, you leave your USB port open for charging vs not being able to charge while using a wired controller.

If you have a PS3 controller, they also make a clip for dualshock 3 to secure a phone. I didn't go this route because it seemed too expensive for a piece of plastic.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    the internet
  • Julie_Pilgrim @ Julie_Pilgrim:
    @Psionic Roshambo i have 16 gb in my pc and i run into issues with ram more than i'd like to admit
  • HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl:
    I got only 8GB of RAM. But I want 32GB.
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Time to just download more ram
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah search Google
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Or, I also heard that if you use flash memory, it can act as more "RAM" at least windows tell me when I stick a flash drive into it.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It can act as a swap drive but that isn't more RAM, it's slooow.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I wish we could have 1Gbps external storage by now
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Like for micro
  • Veho @ Veho:
    New Myoo.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, Yooo noice
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Looks like a Famicom handheld
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah, they were going for that.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not very good though.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I'm watching the review, the emulators it uses suck bawls.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Software update might improve it.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Or maybe someone will make like Emulation Station for it or something?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    That counts as a software update :tpi:
    +1
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    Ello
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I can think of the design teams process another joystick and no audio or a joystick and mono audio
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "You think we can just put the speakers at the top
    ?" "NO!"
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Pft stereo speakers you're fired
    +1
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pft stereo speakers you're fired +1