takoyaki99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello!

New user here.

Around a year ago, I changed my USA New 2DS XL into a Japanese New 2DS XL using the method in 3ds_hacks_guide/region-changing.

I actually changed it to Japanese, then to USA (I forget why), then back to Japanese, which is what it's been at for a year.

I've used the System Update feature in the past (like when my TWLNAND wasn't working for some reason, and I used TWLfix to patch it up), and it's worked fine.

In the summer, I had noticed that the update feature would not work despite the 11.5.0 update being out.

And a few days ago, I decided that I'd like to play some games online and update my system.

It hasn't worked in the many times I've tried to update, both in Safe Mode and in the normal system updater.

(Something that also is strange is that ever since transferring, I had never been able to boot into Safe Mode unless if I enabled the option to use Rosalina on SAFE_FIRM.)

Anyways, I also tried to use SysUpdater to no avail.

I used DarthSternie's firmware files for 11.15.0-47J for the N3DS.

My issue is also explained on the GitHub for it but I'll copy it over for ease of access.

(github /profi200/sysUpdater/issues/47)

"I get an error when trying to update from my 11.14.0-46J N2DSXL (region changed from USA 2DSXL) to 11.15.0-47J.
I'm using Darth Sternie's firmware files. (System updater, even in Safe Mode, doesn't work)

The error I get is as follows:

Getting CIA file informations...

0004013020002F03.cia --- Installed

0004003020008802.cia

fsException:

fs.cpp:117 Result: 0xD8E0806A

Failed to write to file!

Did you store the update files in '/updates'?
I'm using the 3DSX version on Luma3DS. Tried multiple times.
Thank you."

I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

For clarification, my SysNAND works fine AFAIK. I just wanna update.

lone_wolf323

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello!

New user here.

Around a year ago, I changed my USA New 2DS XL into a Japanese New 2DS XL using the method in 3ds_hacks_guide/region-changing.

I actually changed it to Japanese, then to USA (I forget why), then back to Japanese, which is what it's been at for a year.

I've used the System Update feature in the past (like when my TWLNAND wasn't working for some reason, and I used TWLfix to patch it up), and it's worked fine.

In the summer, I had noticed that the update feature would not work despite the 11.5.0 update being out.

And a few days ago, I decided that I'd like to play some games online and update my system.

It hasn't worked in the many times I've tried to update, both in Safe Mode and in the normal system updater.

(Something that also is strange is that ever since transferring, I had never been able to boot into Safe Mode unless if I enabled the option to use Rosalina on SAFE_FIRM.)

Anyways, I also tried to use SysUpdater to no avail.

I used DarthSternie's firmware files for 11.15.0-47J for the N3DS.

My issue is also explained on the GitHub for it but I'll copy it over for ease of access.

(github /profi200/sysUpdater/issues/47)

"I get an error when trying to update from my 11.14.0-46J N2DSXL (region changed from USA 2DSXL) to 11.15.0-47J.
I'm using Darth Sternie's firmware files. (System updater, even in Safe Mode, doesn't work)

The error I get is as follows:

Getting CIA file informations...

0004013020002F03.cia --- Installed

0004003020008802.cia

fsException:

fs.cpp:117 Result: 0xD8E0806A

Failed to write to file!

Did you store the update files in '/updates'?
I'm using the 3DSX version on Luma3DS. Tried multiple times.
Thank you."

I'm at a loss as to what to do next.

For clarification, my SysNAND works fine AFAIK. I just wanna update.
what errors show when you use the normal system settings updater?

takoyaki99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what errors show when you use the normal system settings updater?
This is based on my own translation so the actual contents of the error messages may not reflect exactly what Nintendo's word usage is, however I'm confident that my translation is accurate.

In System Update:
「エラーが発生したため更新ができませんでした。
再起動します。」

“Update failed because an error occurred.
Resetting.”

In SAFE MODE:

「エラーが発生したため更新ができませんでした。
電源をOFFにします。」

“Update failed because an error occurred. Powering off.”

In NNID Menu
「ネットワークサービスは利用するには本体の更新が必要です。
本体設定の「その他の設定」から「本体の更新をしてください」。」
ERROR CODE 022-2511

“A system update is needed in order to use network services. Update your system in the Settings application.”

The only error code was in NNID settings.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pW7LwaU1xMw