MyNintendo Switch Rewards Coming in March

Gold.jpg

Coming up to the first anniversary of the Switch, Nintendo UK today announced the release date for the long-awaited MyNintendo Switch rewards. This comes just in time for early adopters to use up their Gold Points, any earned in March of last year expiring next month.
Nintendo UK Page said:
Since the launch of My Nintendo in 2016, Nintendo fans have benefitted from a range of rewards, including in-app items, exclusive discounts and more. An update to the service is coming soon, and is set to reward Nintendo Switch players in a new way.

Starting in early March, you’ll be able to spend any Gold Points you’ve accumulated in My Nintendo when purchasing Nintendo Switch software from Nintendo eShop on your device, or even via this website! You can pay for the remaining balance with Nintendo eShop funds, or any other payment method available in Nintendo eShop.
What are you hoping to get out of your Gold Points? Discounts? Games? Or perhaps Switch themes are on the way soon? Let us know what you think.

:arrow: Source

zeveroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would be happy with the type of system they used for the Wii u deluxe. Get points when you buy games and apply the codes on the eshop. We got points for all game purchases on the eshop. I'm down with buying a bigger SD

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
bout time they bothered with it. but by that time, My zelda gold coins are about to go to waste. So they better bring "rewards" that are truthfully rewards for waiting. Even themes for the switch would be nice....
It specifically says we'll be able to redeem for certain eShop games, so that's kinda nice. Also hoping for themes though. I've got nearly 650 gold coins.

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I wonder how will we be able to make a My Nintendo Mii avatar without a Mii app on Switch, Miiverse, or Miitomo on mobile.

This link leads to an error page.
works for me

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I can't wait to see only pc wallpapers for the first two months
you can use the coins to buy eshop games

lets see now i have 120 coins that will get me...ABSOLUTE FUCK ALL

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Xabring

Trophies
Website
xabring.deviantart.com
XP
Country
Mexico
It specifically says we'll be able to redeem for certain eShop games, so that's kinda nice. Also hoping for themes though. I've got nearly 650 gold coins.
That's a lot of coins.
and the certain part it's exactly what worries me. Because I don't want another one where the only free gold good games....are games I already bought.

Garblant

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hope I'll be able to get games under $10 with my gold coins. It would suck if the select games were all either at or above 10,000 gold coins...

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
and the certain part it's exactly what worries me. Because I don't want another one where the only free gold good games....are games I already bought.
Fair enough. I'm gonna hold off and hope I can get Aegis Defenders, Darkest Dungeon, Gunhouse, and The End is Nigh, or at least a couple of those. Wouldn't mind Super Meat Boy or Furi for the free re-buy, either.

Last edited by Xzi,
Reactions: Xabring

fluffykiwi

Trophies
Website
www.gba.shorturl.com
XP
Country
Back in the Gamecube days my points got special edition games, bongo controllers and all sorts of actual good stuff. If they return to something substantial as rewards then it would be good, but I think the switch is doing to well for them to want to reward anyone, or try to tempt people into buying more games with bribes of actual worthwhile stuff.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: I did use a bot for Diablo III though but no ban there lol