My Switch Won't Play On The Dock, Or Charge With Regular USB After CFW

DexterCameron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I got a RCM Jig online, and I was messing around with it. After a while, I saw that my switch needed charging, so I decided to play it on the tv, and the dock doesnt recognize it. The power cable doesnt work either, but if I use USB type C to USB type C it works to charge. Just not regular with the dock, or the original charging cord. Please Help!

I played around with the RCM jig, and after I noticed my battery was low while playing Zelda TOTK, I decided to play on the TV. When I put it in the dock, it wouldnt even recognize that it was there. No charging, no TV play, nothing. Regular charger wouldn't work either. I got a USB C to USB C cord, and that will charge it, but nothing else is working. Is it something with the boot process? Or some file? I dont know much about this stuff, and i would like for my switch to work properly again.

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I got a RCM Jig online, and I was messing around with it. After a while, I saw that my switch needed charging, so I decided to play it on the tv, and the dock doesnt recognize it. The power cable doesnt work either, but if I use USB type C to USB type C it works to charge. Just not regular with the dock, or the original charging cord. Please Help!
i mean looks like you need new charger? Or maybe something is inside the socket or the connector of the power cord or your switch usb port or the port itself is dmg?

Did you try docking on og system without any cfw?

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
I can charge it with the cord and charger I bought. The cord that it came with works for everything else though. It just won't dock, or use a regular USB a to USB c cord either.
i edited the previous post a little

cord and charger? Wwitch has a charger with a cord attached to it ;P plus switch uses a different voltage in dock mode so if you have some shady charger it will not work.

So what charger you are using?

Last edited by Lamcza,

DexterCameron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i edited the previous post a little

cord and charger? Wwitch has a charger with a cord attached to it ;P plus switch uses a different voltage in dock mode so if you have some shady charger it will not work.

So what charger you are using?
The original charger won't work, directly, or in the dock. A type c to type c cord works. I can plug into my PS5 and charge with that. A USB a to USB c won't work. It all started after using hekate and atmosphere.
Post automatically merged:

i mean looks like you need new charger? Or maybe something is inside the socket or the connector of the power cord or your switch usb port or the port itself is dmg?

Did you try docking on og system without any cfw?
Yes, I tried docking with regular and with cfw. Even powered off completely it won't ever charge from the dock. Only with my USB c to USB c cord.before I got a wall plug with USB c, I had to charge it with my PS5.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Could be you used an old version of Atmosphere, without the sleep mode fix.
this could drain battery beyond safety level and detection.
turn off your switch, charge it for about 10 hours, retry starting your switch, might be all you need.
use: https://gbatemp.net/threads/aio-swi...w-and-cheats-directly-from-the-switch.574043/
  1. update exploit
  2. update CFW
  3. update sigpatch
  4. update homebrew
  5. update plugins
  6. update overlays
  7. update OFW

Last edited by JaapDaniels,

DexterCameron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
the Nintendo Dock requieres the original power supply , it needs 15 Volts for TV mode.
I have the original power supply still. I tried it directly and I tried it plugged into the dock. It charges anything else that I plug in to it. My switch won't charge on anything except a USB c to USB c cord. It will charge from my phone, or my PS5, or my wall charger that has type c port

Could be you used an old version of Atmosphere, without the sleep mode fix.
this could drain battery beyond safety level and detection.
turn off your switch, charge it for about 10 hours, retry starting your switch, might be all you need.
I can't charge it with regular cord, or with the dock. I want to be able to play the switch on my TV again.

JaapDaniels

Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
I can't charge it with regular cord, or with the dock. I want to be able to play the switch on my TV again.
what i say it will not detect the first 4 hours of charge, and will fail boot and undo your charging when trying to power on before 10 hours of charge.
it really might be not failing but be below the lowest level needed to boot.
when booted it can fast charge, but it charges really slow when not booted.

You could try someone elses switch charger or buy a new one (about $30,-).
if that doesn't help you'll need to send your switch for repair, or check if the power arives at all points by opening your switch and using a multimeter or voltmeter and see: https://gbatemp.net/threads/fix-broken-switch-its-not-turning-on-and-also-not-charging.589489/

Last edited by JaapDaniels,

Yachtmaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
can you check if your Nintendo power supply charges your phone?

otherwise have you tried booting the Switch into OFW to verify charging?

Lamcza

Typ tego typu.
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
so your og switch brick charger is charging evrything else except the switch in any mode? I would try another og brick it i was you becouse if this is not the brick the repair can be expensive.

DexterCameron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can you check if your Nintendo power supply charges your phone?

otherwise have you tried booting the Switch into OFW to verify charging?
It does charge the phone. The USB c to USB c cord I bought will charge it from my phone, PS5, or the wall charger I bought. Not a peep from the dock, or the og charger directly.

so your og switch brick charger is charging evrything else except the switch in any mode? I would try another og brick it i was you becouse if this is not the brick the repair can be expensive.
I will have to track down another brick. Maybe I can plug the charger that I know works into the dock, and see what it does.

DexterCameron

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
what i say it will not detect the first 4 hours of charge, and will fail boot and undo your charging when trying to power on before 10 hours of charge.
it really might be not failing but be below the lowest level needed to boot.
when booted it can fast charge, but it charges really slow when not booted.

You could try someone elses switch charger or buy a new one (about $30,-).
if that doesn't help you'll need to send your switch for repair, or check if the power arives at all points by opening your switch and using a multimeter or voltmeter and see: https://gbatemp.net/threads/fix-broken-switch-its-not-turning-on-and-also-not-charging.589489/
The USB c to USB c cord I have works to charge it. Just won't work on the dock. My switch turns on and everything loads up just fine. It just won't work with og charger, or the dock.

Yachtmaster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
I guess your Nintendo brick doesn't deliver 15 Volts anymore ... a no go for the Dock but also when you plug it directly into your console, the Switch detects the original brick and requests 15 Volts for fast charge.

Reactions: JaapDaniels

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Lol rappers still promoting crypto