My PC-98 translation projects

BabaJeanmel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
While tinkering with Dragon Knight, I learnt a thing or two about text rendering in AI1 games. So I've released an updated version of Run Run Concerto.

runrun_ss_01.png
runrun_ss_02.png

Download link is on the first page.

Reactions: Nikokaro

BabaJeanmel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Lime episodes 9 and 10 are translated and currently under the proofreading phase. With episode 11 graphics finished, the project is now at 85%. I think I'll be realistically able to deliver it by mid-august.

Afterwards, I'll finish Shangrlia 2 before tackling... something else :)

I've got a short project on the same engine as Lime that I should be able to complete before the end of the year. Then we'll see, I've got a few candidates...

BabaJeanmel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Latest screenshots for episodes 9 to 11:

Graphics for episode 12 are also done. Now it's just down to 14 kb of text, a small engine bug, and proofreading for the 4 last episodes :)

Attachments

• NP2_0010.png
    NP2_0010.png
    10.7 KB · Views: 34
  • NP2_0009.png
    NP2_0009.png
    15.5 KB · Views: 34
  • NP2_0008.png
    NP2_0008.png
    15.8 KB · Views: 43
  • NP2_0007.png
    NP2_0007.png
    17.7 KB · Views: 37
  • NP2_0006.png
    NP2_0006.png
    8.8 KB · Views: 31
  • NP2_0005.png
    NP2_0005.png
    19.6 KB · Views: 34
  • NP2_0004.png
    NP2_0004.png
    19 KB · Views: 38
  • NP2_0003.png
    NP2_0003.png
    13.3 KB · Views: 33
  • NP2_0002.png
    NP2_0002.png
    6.2 KB · Views: 37
  • NP2_0001.png
    NP2_0001.png
    19.9 KB · Views: 35
  • NP2_0000.png
    NP2_0000.png
    19.3 KB · Views: 34

BabaJeanmel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As all episodes are now fully translated, Lime is entering the final testing/bugfixing/proofreading phase. Expect a release pretty soon :)

The next project I'll be working on will be a very fast one. It's a short ADV game series, also by Silence, with only two episodes. Text-wise, they're even shorter than the latter half of Lime, but they have even nicer animations. All the tools are already available and have been constantly refined by Kirinn B and Alpharobo all along the Lime project, so unless we run on unexpected bugs, this will be done in a breeze. Introducing... Exciting Milk!

milk_ss_00.png

And no, I haven't forgotten about Shangrlia 2. For those wanting to play it right now, the menu-only patch is on vndb. Otherwise, you'll probably have to wait a bit more. But fear not, it will be completed... eventually.

Last edited by BabaJeanmel,

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thank you for the huge undertaking.👍 I'm looking forward to playing it but..... I'm afraid I'll have to wait. Wait for what? For the already patched and possibly converted hdi format version to be uploaded to a certain site 😉 (you know, so I don't have to constantly change several virtual floppy disks).

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
After taking a break from Yu-No, enjoying the hilarious Lime scenes (until episode 10), I went back to the first one and, guess what, the emulator wouldn't load the game for me anymore, saying the msdos.sys file or similar was missing, alas.
To check, I tried opening the yu-no.hdi file on the PC with disk-edit but it came out damaged. I tried moving it or deleting it, but the PC failed (redundancy error or similar). Basically, all or part of the HDi file was corrupted. I had to re-download the game again, obviously losing my previous saves (I had finished the first two routes, alas).
Ultimately, would someone (who read this) be so kind as to provide me with a save file with one, two or more routes already completed?
Thank you.

BabaJeanmel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
There you go. Game is 100% complete, so you can just start any route at your convenience, or even jump straight to endgame.

Attachments

• Yu-No_saves.zip
    8.3 KB · Views: 25
  • Love

LecelMakerman

Trophies
XP
Country
Peru
I am on windows now, got a mini pc for the living room. I will give it a try, Baba. Thank you very much for the tip

Ill also take a picture of what it says on my neko II kai project and post here, just for kicks, since you know japanese

View attachment 317425

EDIT: here´s what i get when i try any game on Neko Project II kai newer core on windows retroarch

Its the first time im seeing this. Im used to play on npIIkai core on android and never saw something like this.......
Dont have any clue on what it means
delete the neko2kai core and all files and redownload, it's all.

SuperNintendo64

Trophies
XP
Country
Bulgaria
delete the neko2kai core and all files and redownload, it's all.
Can you point me to which files i should delete?

Retroarch + neko project 2 still the best option for PC98 emulation, if only because of the easy access to fast forward buttons

Every emulation should worry about easy access to fast forward buttons.... things were SLOW at the time

BabaJeanmel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Thanks to RottenBlock's great toolset and knowledge of the "System" engine and Alpharobo's awesome hacking skills, we're now very close to bring english-translated AliceSoft games to the PC-98 for the first time! The first script to be ported from Windows to PC-98 will be Velt211's fan-translation of D.P.S. (aka Dream Program System).
Here is a rough preview. Still a lot to be done, even if the porting itself is being pretty quick.
Little Vampire should follow pretty soon after, then we'll work on Rance 1/2 and Toushin Toshi... but be patient, good things take time, even when they're *just* script ports :)

Attachments

• NP2_0003.png
    NP2_0003.png
    6.6 KB · Views: 27
  • NP2_0004.png
    NP2_0004.png
    26.3 KB · Views: 28
  • Love
Reactions: ecto and Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Buddy, this is truly wonderful news. We will finally be able to play the first titles concerning the legendary "hero" Rance on portable devices. I have a question about this, which I hope isn't out of place: it concerns Kichikou Rance (Brutal King Rance), a strategy/conquest rpg for Windows 95, also translated into english. Would it be too much work to port the entire game to PC-98? Apparently the game, given the graphic resolution and its colors, would seem originally programmed for PC-98 and perhaps ported to Windows95 because the former was by now considered dead and buried. This is just my intuitive guess, nothing more. If it were possible, it would be fantastic: I think it is in some ways more interesting and compelling than its successor Sengoku Rance, although obviously more simplistic, and just as titanic in terms of length. Hoping I didn't say something too stupid, 😅
greetings and thanks.

BabaJeanmel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I'm sorry but it's absolutely impossible, unless someone ports the entire AliceSoft system 3.5 to PC-98, which is very, very unlikely...
Your best bet might be DosBOX pure+Windows 95+save states, but it's circonvulted and highly unpractical tbh.

• Sad

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a