My PC-98 translation projects

Nikokaro

Lost philosopher... searching for a way out...
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
@BabaJeanmel thank you for all you have done for us. Even just porting the translation of Yu-No to Pc-98, making this masterpiece so available on several handheld consoles (through Neko Project II) was a memorable and titanic feat, not to be forgotten.
We hope you will visit us here sometime: you are and always will be welcome. 😉
In the meantime, I look forward to the completion of your latest effort.

Reactions: BabaJeanmel

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy

BabaJeanmel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Lakers II translation is finished, or at least the first pass is! The editing/proofreading phase is 10% done. Here is a gameplay video including the intro, first event scene and first battle of the game. The h-scene has been cut down for obvious reason, while a couple typos you might see have been corrected since.

Last edited by BabaJeanmel,
Reactions: ecto and Nikokaro

BabaJeanmel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
I've been helping out Alpharobo for his Guynarock II translation patch. It's just been released! You can get it there: https://archive.org/details/guynarock-ii-eng-patch

gun2_ss_00.png
gun2_ss_01.png
gun2_ss_03.png

As for Lakers 2, proofreading is now 70% complete. Only 4 chapters remain !

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I've been helping out Alpharobo for his Guynarock II translation patch.
Hello. What a nice surprise! 🤩
This is a VN/adventure game apparently, or is it? I knew Guynarock R by Sogna but not this one; I don't think this is an hentai game, or am I wrong?

Note: If anyone is unable to patch the game, they can PM me and I will solve their problem. 😉

Last edited by Nikokaro,

BabaJeanmel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello. What a nice surprise! 🤩
This is a VN/adventure game apparently, or is it? I knew Guynarock R by Sogna but not this one; I don't think this is an hentai game, or am I wrong?

Note: If anyone is unable to patch the game, they can PM me and I will solve their problem. 😉
Guynarock and Guynarock 2 were Takeru releases by the doujin team that would become Sogna later. Guynarock R is a remake of the first entry, with big production values involved (professional animation and full dub).

The series is composed of short ADV games with a strong Alien/The Thing vibe.

As for the Hentai, Guynarock 1 has some tentacle rape scenes. 2 only has some nudity and a bit of body horror. Sogna went a lot nastier with the Viper series. That being said, I would not recommend Guynarock to kids ^^

Reactions: Nikokaro

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I would not recommend Guynarock to kids
And I certainly cannot be considered a kid.... 😖 😂 🤣

Well, nice artwork. It reminds me of Rumiko Takahashi's style. And on the PSP it works great; too bad the font comes out a bit too small, but I can still read it.😅 For those who want to play it, remember to load the system disk in the first slot and disk 1 in the second slot of NP2.

1667660633207.jpg

P.S. For those interested, I remind you that the two Horny Sweeper titles (tactical-rpg games) are both available in english. If you cannot find them, please let me know.

Edit: I note with regret that this game is incredibly, absurdly, ridiculously short: not even a demo is that short. It was good while it lasted. Welp, what a disappointment! To hell with it! 😡

buttar via.gif

Last edited by Nikokaro,

ecto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
P.S. For those interested, I remind you that the two Horny Sweeper titles (tactical-rpg games) are both available in english. If you cannot find them, please let me know.

Edit: I note with regret that this game is incredibly, absurdly, ridiculously short: not even a demo is that short. It was good while it lasted. Welp, what a disappointment! To hell with it! 😡

Well... better a short than no game at all, I guess... :P

But about Horny Sweepers... I only know of part 2 being translated. So if you wouldn't mind sharing... :D

BabaJeanmel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
As a Takeru release, it was indeed a very short game. But it helped Silence/Sogna gain some recognition and helped fund the first Viper games. So it's an interesting piece of history.

The PC-9821 remake of the first game is as short as the original. They didn't bother to include part 2 ^^

ecto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Sorry to bother you all, but somehow I can't load any m3u files into np2kai (libretro core on a raspberry pi) anymore... I only get the games to work if I transform the m3u into a cmd file or if I load the disks individually.
I'm sure that I was running m3u files before. Strange.
How do you load multi disk games?

**EDIT**
Found it myself. There was a commit that removed m3u support. But why?

Last edited by ecto,
  • Sad

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Sorry to bother you all, but somehow I can't load any m3u files into np2kai (libretro core on a raspberry pi) anymore... I only get the games to work if I transform the m3u into a cmd file or if I load the disks individually.
I'm sure that I was running m3u files before. Strange.
How do you load multi disk games?
For my part, I cannot help you. I only use PSP NP2 v.0.81, and the files in .fdi and .hdm format should be loaded in order in disk-slot1 and disk-slot2, the system disk, when present, obviously in the first one. Also that format you mention I have never heard of.
Anyway I hope someone can help you. :)

ecto

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For my part, I cannot help you. I only use PSP NP2 v.0.81, and the files in .fdi and .hdm format should be loaded in order in disk-slot1 and disk-slot2, the system disk, when present, obviously in the first one. Also that format you mention I have never heard of.
Anyway I hope someone can help you. :)
m3u files are just text files with all the different disks for one game in each line. That way the emulator knows in which order the disks need to be loaded. And you only have the pass one file to the emulator. 😀

• Wow

Jarly

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
I've been helping out Alpharobo for his Guynarock II translation patch.
Hello. Let me thank you for the translation. PC-98 translations are always welcomed.
Also, could I ask couple of questions if you don't mind?
1. Is story of Guynarock 2 stand-alone enough? Could it be read without first installment?
2. Any plans for the first game?

Nikokaro

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Is story of Guynarock 2 stand-alone enough? Could it be read without first installment?
Hello. First of all, welcome to join us.
While waiting for his answer, I'll tell you mine, if you don't mind. Unfortunately, that game is so short that it takes you longer to ask those questions than to finish it.😅
Toward the end it links back to the previous episode with just a hint, but then the credits suddenly take over. Too bad. 😒

Jarly

Trophies
XP
Country
Russia
Hello. First of all, welcome to join us.
While waiting for his answer, I'll tell you mine
Thanks for the heartfelt welcome and for the answer.
Well, short novels could be interesting too, in their own fashion. They could serve as a slice of creator's mind/style for example.

BabaJeanmel

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
In the plot of Guynarock 2, the characters have had their memories erased so they don't remember the events from the first game. The intro already hints at it ; and honestly it's pretty easy to follow what's happening even without experience from the first game.

There are no plans for Guynarock 1, nor the remake, sorry. We're currently putting the finishing touches to Lakers 2, it's just a matter of days before release now. Then we'll see, but I'm not doing another full-scale project until 2024.

Reactions: ecto

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Jayro @ Jayro: The phat model had amazingly loud speakers tho.