My Mummy (Mommy) Brought Me A.......

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
My parents never go out of their way to buy big stuff like that for me but its not like I expect them to. Asians don't do that kind of thing (not being smart, its cultural). For Christmas they usually get me small things. Last year I got a bunch of new socks for Christmas and birthday (since they're around the same time). I'm not complaining because they're the fucking bomb when I play basketball. Seriously, I never released how much of a god send socks were.

lolzed

The GBAtemp Pichu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
zeromac said:
Ah man this is so sad
frown.gif

But hopefully this year...
My parents asked me if i wanted a mac (I was like what the just?! [didn't say it though]) and i asked why and then they said it was cos my sister had a macbook pro (my current laptop is from my sister) and they thought i might want a mac. I said no but then i hinted at PC...

Well yea that's basically how i feel about that stuff
i thought you already had a bigmac for lunch
mellow.gif

lol good for you

Jockel

This is where you're wrong, kiddo
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
lol kids these days.
back in the day i got 1 NES or SNES game per birthday/christmas.
that was it.

Jamstruth

Secondary Feline Anthropomorph
Trophies
XP
Country
I don't get much these days what with being 17. Mainly just birthdays and Christmas, though for my birthday this year I didn't get much, just a Driving Theory book and some lessons paid for me (after the first few I'm going to have to chip in). Hooray for being almost an adult...

scrtmstr

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
outgum said:
shiiit dude, that's such a nice one to tune up
tongue.gif
that's what we all do over here in the Netherlands. Get the maximum out of a scooter. It's sick how fast you can go on those things. A friend of mine showed me a scooter, put it on a rolling road, and it ran 120km/h (75mph). Speed limit is 40km/h(25mph)

Anyways, haven't gotten anything really big from my parents. Got a second-hand pc that I had picked myself.

Finishoff

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Meh, I got a laptop for college purpose.

Looks like a nice nifty scooter there. Here I thought it was one of those $30 scooters from Razor until you pointed out the price tag and the link.

wessel261

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
giratina16 said:
My mummy bought me a DSL then a Wii then a DSi then a laptop then a PS3 and she'll be getting me the 3DS when it comes out, and possibly a new laptop.
spoiled much?

I get like the normall stuff I need in everyday life, pretty happy with that:)
And I got my pc from them (not the best one, but it works)
smile.gif

I'm not spoiled, but I really am not poor
I am happy with my parents
smile.gif

nico445

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
my mom payed a part of my awesome cortex hdc 1000,
smile.gif
for my birthday also she paid the headphone
biggrin.gif
usually at my birthday i can choose something that's like up to 160 euro but like a few years ago i've have gotten a own pc and a ipod video 30 GB so that's pretty awesome
tongue.gif

jeremy506

Some dude.
Trophies
XP
Country
Nauru
Got an Xbox for my Birthday, and a PSP for Christmas.
My friend is so spoiled. He screams at his mum, if she doesn't give him 50 euro a week. Ugh.

Goli

RPG
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
zeromac said:
Ah man this is so sad
frown.gif

When i was younger i use to get awesome presents for my Birthday/Chirstmas such as RC cars and what not. But when i moved here we were all 'money concious' and i started feeling bad for my parents. The short period between awesome RC car and moving was the years were i just got some money (roughly $150 for Bday and nothing for xmas). So since i felt so bad for my parents i never wanted to ask for anything expensive or anything i actually wanted for my bday/xmas since i felt my parents were in such a tight spot. So this is basically how i got the need to pirate things and not ask for things like ipods/bikes/etc and save them some cash. So usually i just get 100 bucks.... I don't spend it on anything or i feel bad (don't ask me why...)

But hopefully this year...
My parents asked me if i wanted a mac (I was like what the fuck?! [didn't say it though]) and i asked why and then they said it was cos my sister had a macbook pro (my current laptop is from my sister) and they thought i might want a mac. I said no but then i hinted at PC...

So then like weeks later which just so happaned to be yesterday, my parents were buying pots and pans and i asked them why they needed to buy them and they said the ones at home were useless so i retort by saying my laptop was useless and then my mum says that they'll buy me a new computer soon.. so i was like
ohmy.gif
smile.gif
:')

Well yea that's basically how i feel about that stuff
It's not like pirating things is a need.
Don't get me wrong, I pirate some stuff too, but I know I don't need them, and nobody needs them.

Also, I guess pretty much all of my consoles have been awesome presents.
PSOne, I asked my grandma if she could bring me one after one of her travels, and she did!
GBA, asked my mom for it, she said yes and we went to buy it that day.
NGC, tried it on a store and asked my grandma for it, got it for that year's christmas.
PS2, asked my mom for it, got it for that year's christmas.
DS, asked my mom for it, got it for that year's christmas.
Wii, asked my mom for it and got it a few weeks later.
I had to sell stuff for my Psp & Xbox though.
For my PSP, I sold one of my Wii Remotes + Nunchuck and some games.
For my XBox 360 I sold my PSP.
My mom usually buys me what I want if she can, if she cannot she tells me to wait a while, I usually end up getting what I want... I hadn't realized how good she is in that sense
smile.gif
. She's awesome.

Forstride

The rudder moves when I turn the wheel
Trophies
Website
forstride.stormbit.net
XP
Country
United States
Skullcollector said:
My friend is so spoiled. He screams at his mum, if she doesn't give him 50 euro a week. Ugh.
That's pretty damn spoiled, but I have an even better (Well, worse) one to top that.

My one friend and his little brother get everything they want. I was selling my Xbox 360, and my friends dad noticed and asked how much I was selling it for...I said $300, and he said "Alright, do you mind selling it to me for my son (Who is my friend...)?" It was just out of the blue, no special occasion or anything. I said yes of course, since no one else had made an offer to me through craigslist or wherever else I posted it...

Well, after that, his older brother (Who is also my friend) got an Xbox 360 for Christmas that year, as well as a ton of other stuff (iPod Touch 3G 16GB, and Xbox 360 games). Last year, they bought a Samsung HDTV (It's a plasma I think) for their living room out of nowhere. Last year, my friend got an iPod Touch 3G 8GB and $300 to spend just from his parents for his birthday, and then a 42" HDTV for Christmas that he didn't even want. His older brother also got one for Christmas, and of course they also got games and other stuff. This year, my friend got a brand new desktop computer, monitor, keyboard, and gaming mouse for his birthday (His is in the beginning of January, which is close after Christmas obviously).

They still get Xbox 360 games, other gaming stuff, and money out of nowhere, for no reason at all. Like the other week, my friend asked his mom if he could get a 250GB Xbox 360 hard drive one night, and she said yes. He paid $20, she paid the other $80 (He got it off a website that sells them...I think it's a fake/clone though).

Rogue Trader

Trophies
XP
Country
I got shoes a couple of months ago, not fancy ones or anything, my old ones had holes in them. Not a big deal, but it was nice not having to pay for them.

I'm moving to Canada for a year in August, and there has been some talk of £100 or so a month to help with food and stuff. They also let me live rent free, which is a pretty awesome gift.

B

ball2012003

i never get any real presents i have to buy everything myself
christmas i never get anything from my parents because they say its a time to give not get
and my birthday i got $20 last year

Overlord Nadrian

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
ball2012003 said:
i never get any real presents i have to buy everything myself
christmas i never get anything from my parents because they say its a time to give not get
and my birthday i got $20 last year
What a contradiction, if you can't get anything that means you can't give anything either.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea but to play the next gen games, you must have those games on internal, or buy the official ssd expansion cards, which are expensive
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, dunno what each one of those are
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, my PS3 was already modded when my dad bought it for me and my brother
  • MysticStarlight @ MysticStarlight:
    A surge protector is a device that protects your electronics from fluctuations. I recommend having your console plugged into one of those
    An UPS is even better because it has an internal battery that keeps your system on even if the power goes out, but it's much more expensive obviously
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, oh i recall seeing one in some in the houses of some relatives, including my dad's apartment
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, although whatever device we plug into them stops getting power anyways lol
    that's weird
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @MysticStarlight, and oh i was talking about ups
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    No not that one
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Surge protectors are what i was talking about
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Yea I got confused for a bit
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @Xdqwerty literally juan:
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    On the series s/x you can use a external HD but any next gen games must be on your internal ssd, or you can buy a ssd expansion card, but pricey. Any xbone, 360, or og Xbox games can be played from external tho.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Series §€×
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Insert **** here
    +2
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    What a tiny memory card
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Rumble packs are important
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make sure it's fully charged
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    I remember someone made a vibrating Wiimote homebrew lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Well you and bigonya love to sword fight your wiimotes
    +3
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    classic controller funky kong flame runner is overrated, i prefer wii wheel wario flame runner
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    i returned
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: i returned