Hardware My friend's 3DS has a battery problem

Xyphoseos

Hack or no games
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hi, my friend has a new 3ds not hacked in latest firmware and it does not work normaly, I put you here a video of what happen and a translated description of its problem. No flashcard or anything else in.

Suddenly my N3DS decided to stop working.
I would like to specify that it did not take water. It is still in its protective pouch.

The battery is original. But even when plugged in to charge it, the console doesn't turn on (I obviously already tried my test after charging the console).

I thought that it must be the battery of the console that is out of order. So I tried with a 3DS XL battery. It doesn't fit in the console actually. But it's a good width so that the battery terminals touch the console terminals. The 3DS XL battery has the same voltage as the N3DS (3.7V). So no worries.
And indeed the console turns on with this battery from the other console.

I bought third party batteries on Amazon to change it of course, but no results. I couldn't do my tests with an official Nintendo KTR-003 battery. So it distorts my tests. All I need is a new official battery to solve my problem.

But I prefer to post an article on GBATemp.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Du jour au lendemain ma N3DS à décider de plus fonctionner.
Je tient à préciser qu'elle n'a pas pris l'eau. Elle est toujours rester dans sa pochette de protection.

La batterie est d'origine. Mais même branché pour la charger, la console ne s'allume pas (j'ai bien évident déjà essayer mon test après avoir charger la console).

Je me suis dis que ça devait être la batterie de la console qui est devenu HS. J'ai donc essayer avec une batterie de 3DS XL. Elle ne rentrer pas dans la console effectivement. Mais elle est de bonne largueur pour que les bornes de la batterie touchent les bornes de la console. La batterie de 3DS XL a la même tension que celle de la N3DS (de 3,7V). Donc pas de soucis.
Et effectivement la console s'allume avec cette batterie de l'autre console.

J'ai acheter des batteries tiers sur Amazon pour la changer bien sur, mais aucun résultats. Je n'ai pas pu faire mes tests avec une batterie KTR-003 officiel Nintendo. Donc cela fausse mes tests. À tout les coups, il me faut seulement une batterie neuve officiel pour régler mon soucis.

Mais j'ai préféré posté un article sur GBATemp.

Merci d'avance pour votre aide.

KleinesSinchen

GBAtemp's Backup Reminder + Fearless Testing Sina
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
I suggest testing the following:
  • Measure the voltage of the original KTR-003 battery
  • Connect some kind of load to the battery (tiny classic light bulb should be okay) to test if it deliver power (only if the voltage is high enough)
  • Repeat these tests with the third-party batteries
Next step:
Verify the console is actually charging the battery (and not only shows the orange light): Note the voltage of a battery, put it in the N3DS and let it charge 30 minutes. Measure the voltage again.
========

Consoles from the 3DS family will not turn on (even with charger connected!) if the battery is deep-discharged or completely defective.

Good luck!

Reactions: Xyphoseos

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Jaws is on a diet