Hacking my faulty ps3

ratamahatta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
hey guys, I got a ps3 a while back now, one of the 60gb phat models.
It works fine but the power button on the front panel is pretty much dead. Originally both buttons wouldn't work so i pulled it apart and played around with it a bit and managed to get the eject button working again, both contacts look exactly the same but power button still doesn't work.

This normally wouldn't bother me at all except that what i've read on jailbreaking is that you need to hit the power buttonk then the eject button to get it working. Is there another way around this? Or will i have to buy a new ps3 if i want to be doing any jailbreaking?

Thanks in advance.

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Well about the Jailbreaking it depends on what fw you are using if you are on 3.55 you can t jailbreak for several reason 1 of them is that you can t downgrade but if you are on 3.50 you can downgrade but everything will be deleted so about the button problem try to clean the panel.

synce

だいこんちゃんのだいふぁん
Trophies
XP
Country
Comoros
You sure about not being able to downgrade 3.55? I think anything's possible now

Sorry though I can't help with the button issue

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
synce said:
You sure about not being able to downgrade 3.55? I think anything's possible now

yes i am talking about the current status of the ps3 hacking
well about the downgrading we will be able to downgrade from 3.55 soon.

KirovAir

Alcoholic Programmer
Trophies
Website
www.jessesander.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
ShinjiX said:
synce said:

With the current status of PS3 hacking you don't have to downgrade anymore. You don't even have to jailbreak it anymore. Within a few weeks it'll be as easy as putting a file on your USB, and running it like a system update.

Nobunaga

Empty
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Darkmystery said:
ShinjiX said:
synce said:

With the current status of PS3 hacking you don't have to downgrade anymore. You don't even have to jailbreak it anymore. Within a few weeks it'll be as easy as putting a file on your USB, and running it like a system update.
Yeah that's right also geohot made a 3.55 homebrew but in self format
smile.gif

ratamahatta

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
heh hey thanks for the help guys, firmware is all good though I haven't updated it in ages.

So currently the only way is to use the power and eject buttons to get it working?
Guess i'll just return to my tinkering and trying to get them both working again.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-