Hacking My brother has a Hackable XKJ7

Playb01_Cart1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
My brother (17) Bought a pre used switch off his friend (Screen only) starting with XKJ7 , which is V2 obviously but just for the fun of it we tried to boot into atmos on it and it worked without any issues as if its a V1, On most serial checker websites XKJ7 is either not a prefix or in the orange zone but everyone on this sub has reported XKJ7 isn't mod-able except for one other lucky guy on reddit who apparently has an XKJ7 modded switch, he asked his friend is he installed a modchip and he says he bought it fresh and never touched it more than twice (evident from the hours he had on and that the switch still had a plastic wrap on it) so, how is this possible ? are there very very very few number of hackable XKJ7's?

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My brother (17) Bought a pre used switch off his friend (Screen only) starting with XKJ7 , which is V2 obviously but just for the fun of it we tried to boot into atmos on it and it worked without any issues as if its a V1, On most serial checker websites XKJ7 is either not a prefix or in the orange zone but everyone on this sub has reported XKJ7 isn't mod-able except for one other lucky guy on reddit who apparently has an XKJ7 modded switch, he asked his friend is he installed a modchip and he says he bought it fresh and never touched it more than twice (evident from the hours he had on and that the switch still had a plastic wrap on it) so, how is this possible ? are there very very very few number of hackable XKJ7's?
How did you attempt to boot into Atmos?

RCM hack? (using a jig and injector?)
or
...is there a green glow coming from the vents at the bottom of the Switch indicating it's been hacked with a hardware modchip? You can pop open the back shell and remove the aluminum shield to 100% confirm/deny.

Reactions: ELY_M

vaanen

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
France
if its really a v2, aka mariko, you cant boot cfw without a modchip. Mariko switch are completely different to Erista Switch and they are disguised as the same thing under the cover of having twice more battery due to nintendo completely under utilising how much more modern and optimized they are

Playb01_Cart1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
How did you attempt to boot into Atmos?

RCM hack? (using a jig and injector?)
or
...is there a green glow coming from the vents at the bottom of the Switch indicating it's been hacked with a hardware modchip? You can pop open the back shell and remove the aluminum shield to 100% confirm/deny.
No Modchip No blue/Green glow or nothing a genuine RCM jig how is this possible? Could it be XKJ7 and not mariko???
Post automatically merged:

if its really a v2, aka mariko, you cant boot cfw without a modchip. Mariko switch are completely different to Erista Switch and they are disguised as the same thing under the cover of having twice more battery due to nintendo completely under utilising how much more modern and optimized they are
But it just did

Playb01_Cart1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Reactions: SylverReZ

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No Modchip No blue/Green glow or nothing a genuine RCM jig how is this possible? Could it be XKJ7 and not mariko???
Post automatically merged:

But it just did
If you used a jig and an injector then it’s definitely a V1. Check the serial number in Settings and see if it matches the serial number on the shell. You may have a franken-switch?

Reactions: ELY_M and SylverReZ

SylverReZ

The planet is fine. The people are crazy.
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
Website
m4x1mumrez87.neocities.org
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If it's a Mariko v2 console with firmware lower than 4.1.0 then you can softmod it, no need to use modchips.
Yes. The bug was fixed through a new hardware revision, not sure about firmware.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
As said above, Mariko won't boot into RCM without a mod chip. The problem is that there is always a chance that some earlier XKJ7s were released as Erista and no one ever caught it. The serial checkers are just going off existing data that has been compiled from a bunch of people reporting if their Switch was patched or not. There's always a chance some in the 'grey' area were missed as they could have been changed from Erista to Mariko very early into the production of that serial number.

Tomato123

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I just checked the existing data and the earliest known firmare version was 9.2.0 for XKJ7. This is way later than when Mariko first became a thing so it almost certainly should have a Mariko motherboard. I think the most likely situation is either a mod chip which you don't know about or the motherboard has been taken out of another Switch and put into that case.

binkinator

Garfield’s Fitness Coach
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just checked the existing data and the earliest known firmare version was 9.2.0 for XKJ7. This is way later than when Mariko first became a thing so it almost certainly should have a Mariko motherboard. I think the most likely situation is either a mod chip which you don't know about or the motherboard has been taken out of another Switch and put into that case.
My money is on the franken-switch scenario. Should check the actual serial number inside Setting -> Serial Number with switch booted up.

sudeki300

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
OP, can you tell us how the payload was sent to the switch as a couple of members have asked but this is the one question you seem not to answer, as well as what the serial number is in system settings.

Hayato213

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Might be a frankenstein unit like @binkinator said, perhaps someone swap the board.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    BigOnYa @ BigOnYa: This is how I have to do it w uremum...