War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
When I moved to Los Angeles and we finally got our cable, I was really excited because I would finally have G4... (Worst channel ever, but that's for another blog...) Anyway, in the midst of all the failure the channel presented me was this show called Lost. I had never heard of it before, and to be honest, it was boring at first. That was about 2 weeks ago or so...

So I started watching the show, and eventually got hooked. I would watch it when I found it on, then I started watching it every night, and eventually, I just started downloading the episodes. Wow, what an AMAZING TV show. I had really low expectations, because in my experience, TV shows always suck. Lost is so great! I just finished Season 4, which is the last season that was aired (hopefully season 5 will be coming out shortly...) Season 4 was meh IMO, but the series overall was really great. I spent this last week doing the following: Eating, sleeping, school, LOST.
grog.gif

So yeah, just wanted to share with everyone that I just finished Lost, and it was incredible. I really can't wait for season 5, whenever that is, and I can finally dedicate my time to something else! Btw, is there any other TV show I should watch out for? (Other than the obvious Family Guy, South Park, etc) I checked out the Essentials thread, and a lot of people voted for a show called Heroes. I looked it up in metacritic, and apparently it's a lot worse than Lost. (IIRC, Lost was in the high 80's and Heroes was in the mid-60's)

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
O.o Lost is that good? Maybe I'll check it out.... Heroes is not that good yes, just average, but you might want to watch Prison Break
grog.gif
it's amazing and awesome! For us boys at least, it's technical skills and muscle 4 life! Like the CSI.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Heros just average? Are you mad???

Good shows to check out: LOST, Prison break, Heroes, Dexter, Jericho (Only 1.5 seasons =( ) House/Greys anatomy if you like medical kinda shows.

*EDIT*

If you like comedy I have to say 100% Arrested Development. There are about a million seperate incidents in that show that are funny every time I watch it, it just takes a few episodes for the characters to grow on you. Also, The Office (There is a US and a UK verson, both are funny but apparently UK version is funnier) and also 30 Rock is pretty good. These comedies arent anything like lost though they are just sitcom-ish where the other shows are more drama-ful

da_head

A dying dream..
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
u just heard of lost? lool. i heard the first season was fucktastic. presented so many various plots and how they all could lead to something awesome. but the other season....just failed to lead? er that sound weird.

in short, lost has potential to be AWESOME but failed to deliver.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
da_head said:
u just heard of lost? lool. i heard the first season was fucktastic. presented so many various plots and how they all could lead to something awesome. but the other season....just failed to lead? er that sound weird.

Season 1 was... unbelivably good. Season 2 was decent, well 3 and 4 were good but just okay. But first season. Wow. Awesome character development.

Raestloz

GBATemp's Lone Wolf
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Yeah, but you can't actually judge something by others' means, you gotta watch it yourself
grog.gif
try it, and you might love it.

Sometimes, what's good for others is bad for others, and vice versa
grog.gif

What else.... I'm not really into TV shows, the only American shows that I watch are:
Friends (but of course)
Prison Break (not complete, as I have to move and where I moved to doesn't have a TV
sleep.gif
)
Heroes (not that amusing, just to kill time)
CSI series (not comlete, as I don't see how it can end, with the dissolvance of the team maybe?)
American Idol (just to kill time, I'm not really into songs, singers, or Idols in this matter)
National Geographic (just, interesting....)
Naked Science (interesting...)

IDK, I can't recommend you anything anymore
tongue.gif

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
I've actually seen about 2 episodes of The Office... maybe I saw bad episodes, but I found them rather "eh". I chuckled once or twice but it was definitely not a laugh out loud experience.

EmperorOfCanada

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
War said:
Yeah, I really recommend Lost. I'm pretty sure you'll like it.

If it counts for anything, Lost got an 85 and Prison Break got a 65 (in Metacritic)

Well, unless you are really really critical of shows, all the ones I mentioned are excellent and I consider myself *somewhat* critical I dont like just every show on tv.

War

Take it easy~
OP
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
EmperorOfCanada said:
da_head said:

Season 1 was... unbelivably good. Season 2 was decent, well 3 and 4 were good but just okay. But first season. Wow. Awesome character development.
I kind of agree with that. Season 1 was AMAZING. Spectacular. Season 2 was really good. Season 3 was pretty good. Season 4 was good. It goes in a sort of decreasing manner.

*spoilers ahead!*

I think the best part about season 4 were the "flashforwards" that show you what happens after the island. I thought those were really interesting, especially the final one in the final episode of season 4. I didn't like the whole thing about the team of military guys coming in to take Ben though.

Gaisuto

Lose 2 Levels.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
My friend's been trying to get me to watch it for a while now, but shows like this you have to watch from the beginning and I'm always too lazy to download these things. I'd watch them on G4 but I lost G4 when I moved recently.

My friend's really excited about Season 5 though, especially after he saw the recently released promo for it.

Razor29

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iceland
i just watched the hole 4 seasons for the first time about 3 weeks ago

it was so GREAT i couldn't stop i went through a season a day (got them all in hd on my ps3)

now shamefully im watching it all over again

now watching it again bring me to the conclution that the first season is good but not mind blowing

the second season is where the show picks up some pace

the third season is amazing it just filled with insanity

and the forth season is a just like a long commercial for the 5th season

this is one addiction that got me beat i cant resist LOST!

Szyslak

Nudibranch Lover
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I'm re-addicted to LOST after the last season. They "lost" me for a while after season 2 with all that hatch crap, but the last episode of season 3 was just so f*ing good that I got sucked back in. Poor Charlie
frown.gif

Season 4 was great, and I'm highly anticipating season 5. Unfortunately, it won't start up until February of 2009.
hate2.gif

Doomsday Forte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I can't really suggest TV shows, what with my ban on it anymore. :3 Heroes is kinda nice, a bit of a X-men-meets-common-people kinda show. They've really gone off the deep end this current season though, so oh well. People have powers! And they fight to save the world! Show took on a plot corkscrew lately though, my God.

If you can, watch the first season of Prison Break. I actually liked the whole thing with the body tattoo and how it's, well, instrumental for the titular breakout, but after that...I mean, it started to drop off when the body tattoo just so happened to have parts for the outside world too. I couldn't put on my disbelief suspenders anymore.

I personally don't like The Office. Maybe the British version is better, I don't know, but I've watched part of one episode. "This is stupid." And yet so many of my friends love it. I'll ask them sometime if they're high.

I actually used to watch 24 until Heroes aired on the same timeslot. Actiony show. Bad shit happens, Jack Bauer arrives on the scene and kills lots and lots of people. And saves the day. I haven't heard anything about it lately, cancelled?

I liked House, MD. Misanthropic doctor asshole badass miracle man. XD He's a total jerkass to his employees and his patients, but he always gets the work done. I think with this most recent season ("competition to be my lackies") it kinda went downhill a little. And I don't know why since the three people on his original team are still on the show. Buh?

Life was actually good of what I've seen of it. NBC show, had one of the guys from Dreamweaver in it. You know, Stephen King movie. (And now that I think about it, Harvey Dent from The Dark Knight was in that too. Hah!) Anyway, a cop is put in prison for a crime he didn't commit, and he's there for a whopping ten years before he is released. Naturally, he goes back to his old job, and things are different. He's been removed from the world and in just a short time so much has become different. And the guy is so friggin' smart too. XD Check it out, at least. I believe the subplot for the entire first season is him trying to solve the crime for which he was implicated, but I didn't see enough of it to know for sure.

Monk is good too. Not as incredibly serious as the other shows listed, but when you have an OCD detective solving crimes...hehee. He's an amusing character, if a bit tragic, since I believe he developed his OCD after his wife was murdered. It's kinda funny, a bit of a...mystery show with some humor thrown in. I didn't watch it regularly, but whenever it was on, I'd actually pay attention to it. And hey, you can always guess who is the culprit!

Hmm...yeah, I used to watch TV but I'm drawing a big blank here.

Edit: Oh! I uh..haven't seen Lost at all. I used to be a pure FOX-watcher, then I'd watch quite a bit of NBC, but never ABC (so no Grey's Anatomy, Desperate Housewives, Ugly Betty, Lost, etc.). That reminds me...at least one female friend of mine watches Grey's, so I'd presume it's a soap opera...on a primetime slot. I watched one episode that followed the Super Bowl one year, and it wasn't bad, but honestly I don't find myself watching it, well, ever. Lost, I dunno, I think I lost out on it, pardoning the pun, because the shows I wanted to watch more were on at the same time. Oh well.

Further Edit: Ahem. So, I was a fan of Arrested Development when it was still on the air (though it did actually end). The Bluth family runs a house-building company (contractors?), and..well, things aren't so great at all. I think it has the same hit-or-miss humor The Office does, but I actually enjoyed this show. The characters are so...cartoony in a way. It's ridiculous, and it just makes it funny, I dunno.

"There's money in the banana stand." They have a frozen banana stand by the way. Don't ask. So the son, thinking that it's worth a lot for insurance..burns it down. Turns out, there was money lining the walls of the banana stand. You just have to laugh at how horrible it all is.

Double Plus Ungood edit: Married With Children. I grew up watching that show (and oh has it not affected me). Typical goings-on of a white-trash family on a low budget. The animosity between lead male Al and his neighbor Marcy is so thick it can be cut with a knife. And they will get into exchanges quite a bit, so it's nothing but a burnfest. Amusing to watch because of just how badly they suck in terms of society. Al is a shoe salesman who hates his job, his life, and just about everything. Peggy is his vastly undersexed wife. Bud his also vastly undersexed son (though, he is a typical teenager, so...). Kelly his...extremely brainless daughter. And Buck, the family dog (aww!). I need to find the DVDs myself someday, I would like to go back through the series...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I'll reformat and have a 3tb raid0 m. 2 at least
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Lmao that sold out fast
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeet the cat.
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Good idea
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    i thought everybody knew cocktails are like 75% ice
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Yeah but not like this.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's not like they're complaining that their Slurpee is 99% ice or something, but if the cocktail calls for "shot of vodka, shot of vermouth, shot of gin, shot of Campari, three shots of juice, squirt of lemon" and ends up being a thimbleful of booze, that's a problem.
    the funny thing is cocktails in norway are only allowed to have 1 20ml shot of booze
    so..... yeah
    we're used to only having a thimbleful of booze
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Booo.
    same thing if you want whisky on the rocks or something, you can't get a double
    but you could buy as many shots of whisky (or anything else) as you want and ask for a glass of ice and pour them in
    it's dumb
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Maybe.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There was a comparison of the number of Ibuprofen poisonings before and after they limited the maximum dosage per box or per pill (i'll look that up). No limit on the number of boxes you can still buy as many as you want, so people argued it was pointless.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    But the number of (accidental) poisonings dropped because drinking an entire package of ibuprofen pills went from "I need a new liver" to "I need a new box of Ibuprofen".
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Here we have ketoprofen that used to be prescription-only because of the risk of toxic dosages, but then they halved the dose per pill and sell them in bottles of six pills apiece instead of twenty and it doesn't need a prescription any more. Yes you can buy more than one bottle but people simply don't.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Usually accidentally overdose of ibuprofen here is from people taking like cold medicine then ibuprofen for a headache and the combination is over what they need
    Veho @ Veho: https://imgur.com/gallery/QQkYnQu