Hacking My 3ds is unable to download any cias, including from ciangel, freeshop, or fbi

likaiwen2014

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So lately I've custom firmwared my 3ds, and it was perfectly fine, However when I transferred the data to a 32gb sd card, it started having problems and was unable to download bigger files like pokemon sun or xenoblade chronicles. Since I am using the new 3ds, I have no idea what happened since I have only custom firmwared old 3ds's. The firmware I installed cfw on was 11.2, but now I can't reinstall cfw because it was required to update.
Some things I did to try to fix this:
- Resetting the sd card and move files over again
- download actual cia files to download on fbi(turns out doesn't work as well, yay)
For some reason the first few games would work but later games have errors. For example, the first time I did install pokemon sun, but when I started having errors I reset the sd card to try and fix it, and was able to download game until about 2 games later I started having errors again! I would really appreciate any help that is given to me. Thank you.

Joom

 ❤❤❤
Trophies
Website
mogbox.net
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the card is faulty. Check it. If it's not then make sure you have it formatted to use a 32k byte cluster. Also note that due to filesystem limitations you won't be able to straight copy large files to it. You'll either have to use FTP or download them directly with one of the tools you mentioned.

Reactions: BigPanda

likaiwen2014

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sounds like the card is faulty. Check it. If it's not then make sure you have it formatted to use a 32k byte cluster. Also note that due to filesystem limitations you won't be able to straight copy large files to it. You'll either have to use FTP or download them directly with one of the tools you mentioned.
Yes, I tried two ways of moving sd cards. The first one was by using a usb image tool and another was by drag and dropping. So how would I check the sd card? Thanks for the help.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
So lately I've custom firmwared my 3ds, and it was perfectly fine, However when I transferred the data to a 32gb sd card, it started having problems and was unable to download bigger files like pokemon sun or xenoblade chronicles. Since I am using the new 3ds, I have no idea what happened since I have only custom firmwared old 3ds's. The firmware I installed cfw on was 11.2, but now I can't reinstall cfw because it was required to update.
Some things I did to try to fix this:
- Resetting the sd card and move files over again
- download actual cia files to download on fbi(turns out doesn't work as well, yay)
For some reason the first few games would work but later games have errors. For example, the first time I did install pokemon sun, but when I started having errors I reset the sd card to try and fix it, and was able to download game until about 2 games later I started having errors again! I would really appreciate any help that is given to me. Thank you.
Where did you buy the card? There are a lot of fakes which advertise a certain capacity but in reality the capacity is much smaller and when you try to go over the real capacity (which is usually 4 or 8 GB because they are the cheapest) it starts corrupting data leading to issues like those you described.
Most people here, me included, would say to never buy SD cards from chinese sites (such as flashcart stores), from eBay or 3rd party Amazon sellers but generally stick to well known online stores or local stores. Then you can be sure that the card won't be fake.

Reactions: likaiwen2014

likaiwen2014

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so it turns out that my SD card has 23.6 gb corrupted. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this kind of problem? Or do I have to buy another sd card?

LongDongSilver

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Okay, so it turns out that my SD card has 23.6 gb corrupted. Does anyone have any idea on how to fix this kind of problem? Or do I have to buy another sd card?
Your only solution would be buying a real card locally, im guessing you bought it online off a place like ebay or wish

wicksand420

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok, here, look for this program
h2testw.exe

Back up anything you dont want to lose on your sd and run this program, it will fill the sd with data blocks and scan them to find out if your sd is a fake or not. if it turns out to be a fake, get your money back from who ever sold you the sd card.

Last edited by wicksand420,

Quantumcat

Dead and alive
Trophies
Website
boot9strap.com
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, here, look for this program
h2testw.exe

Back up anything you dont want to lose on your sd and run this program, it will fill the sd with data blocks and scan them to find out if your sd is a fake or not. if it turns out to be a fake, get your money back from who ever sold you the sd card.
He already ran the test, that's how he found out it has 23GB corrupted. I agree about getting his money back though!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=_NTF5_qgH0o