Hacking Multiple entries for same plugins and roms, help!

boyfriendcoma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey everyone, can't thank you guys enough for all the tutorials and help on here, been lurking for a while.
Let it be known, my DSTWO is working beautifully, and nothing is actually wrong with it.
I'm just a bit annoyed at the following:

A: In the main EOS, while i do have the proper icons for TempGBA & CATSFC, next to them there are question mark icons that include "._pluginname" beneath them. When attempting to boot these questionable icons, the system freezes, but the legit icons work just fine.
photo%202.JPG

B: Within TempGBA & CATSFC, my roms appear to have doubled, with the beginning of the list containing "._romname" in alphabetical order, and the proper rom names following that. Similar to the EOS icons, the "._romname" when toggled freezes the system.
photo%201.JPG

I've flashed with the latest firmware, formatted my card using the Panasonic tool. Here are some screenshots of the linear file structure of the card:
ss.jpeg

ss2.jpg

As previously stated, these aren't huge issues. I would just LOVE to see less "clutter" throughout the system, and I'm curious if anyone has had similar issues or knows a fix.
THANKS AGAIN!

boyfriendcoma

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
In case anyone in the interwebs finds this and has the same problem, it's because you're on a MAC.

If I researched properly, it's because the OS places these hidden files on FAT32 drives to allow Spotlight indexing, and for some reason they are not viewable within the Mac OS.

They can easily be removed within the Windows OS, as they do show up as hidden files. You can also circumvent this issue by only transferring data between your computer and SD Card while inside the Windows OS. As a Mac user, I was scared too, but it takes about ten minutes to find a free VM Ware program, and install the free Windows 10 OS to it.

Have fun!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: you can fap to your favorite character without it being gay