Hacking MS-DOS (FAT) External Hardrive recognised in wiiflow but not showing on Mac or PC

Wii Hardrive not recognised by Mac or PC. MS-DOS (FAT)

• reformat drive

• there is a program you can use

Results are only viewable after voting.

AussieGuy22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi guys,

I can't view any of my wii games or add any new games through the WiiJmanager or WBFS manager because the drive is not showing up on the Mac or PC but on the mac, i can see it in the disk utilities even though the drive is not recognised.

I want to know if there is a way to convert the drive to another format without losing any of the games. Is there a way to save the games some other way.

Thanks

AussieGuy22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I attached two screenshots from Disk Utility.

Attachments

• ScreenShot .png
    ScreenShot .png
    150.1 KB · Views: 209
  • Screen Shot.png
    Screen Shot.png
    49.7 KB · Views: 241

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Apparently the disk had a GPT partition table, which was converted to MBR the wrong way (by just deleting the GPT protective partition and adding new ones, without erasing the GPT data found shortly after it AND at the end of the disk)

You could try installing the command-line gdisk (gptfdisk); it has features to erase the GPT data (forcing fallback to MBR) or to scan the MBR and list any partitions in the GPT too (risky - the first copy of the GPT may occupy the same sectors as your data partition); in any case, run "sudo gdisk /dev/rdisk2" first and read carefully the output (and/or send it here) before taking action

AussieGuy22

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Apparently the disk had a GPT partition table, which was converted to MBR the wrong way (by just deleting the GPT protective partition and adding new ones, without erasing the GPT data found shortly after it AND at the end of the disk)

You could try installing the command-line gdisk (gptfdisk); it has features to erase the GPT data (forcing fallback to MBR) or to scan the MBR and list any partitions in the GPT too (risky - the first copy of the GPT may occupy the same sectors as your data partition); in any case, run "sudo gdisk /dev/rdisk2" first and read carefully the output (and/or send it here) before taking action

Thanks for your detailed response! as I'm not an expert, is there any video tutorial showing me how to do this? I have some ideas, i think i can do this through terminal on a mac but maybe i'd have more luck on a pc?

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks for your detailed response! as I'm not an expert, is there any video tutorial showing me how to do this? I have some ideas, i think i can do this through terminal on a mac but maybe i'd have more luck on a pc?
Any OS (with a port of gdisk) is fine, provided you're decently familiar with how raw disk devices are named and how to operate a command line program

http://rodsbooks.com/gdisk/wipegpt.html better than any video that takes 10 minutes (plus ads) to parrot some text :)
Search for "you can continue investigating with gdisk" and do that test (which is just the command I've told you in the previous post)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    Im gonna see if I can find a ps4 to buy
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    now that firm ware 11 supposedly is exploitable
  • S @ salazarcosplay:
    did you see the fallout series
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Yea is pretty good
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    an elder scrolls movie or show would be cool, but which elder scrolls game would it be based on?
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    oh who am i kidding it'd be skyrim
    +1
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    but,since they're only a few years apart, a morrowind + oblivion series would also be cool
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Taco Saturday
  • AncientBoi @ AncientBoi:
    Uhh, It's 🌯 Saturday dude. :) js
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Nope that for tomorrow, cinco de mayo, today is bbq chicken on the grill.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Juan's new years I forgot
    +2
    :hrth::toot::grog::grog::grog::bow: HAPPY BIRTHDAY to me :bow::grog::grog::toot::hrth:
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    One day away from Juan's birthday
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Only if you send him feet
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Happy birthday!
    +1
    Thank You :D
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    heh I got a guy who created an account just yesterday asking me where to find mig switch roms
  • realtimesave @ realtimesave:
    too much FBI watching this website to answer that kind of question lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Has the mig switch found loopholes without requiring game keys?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    @AncientBoi, happy birthday
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: