Hardware Moving from a modded wii to a fresh wii u

jt_1258

Ella
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is more so a preemptive search for info as I currently only have the wii which fell into my hands in a similar fate. My original wii's drive burned out, and my uncle still had a wii that was just collecting dust so he let us have it. I know he has a wii u but as far as I can tell they have shifted over to being a playstation household. Soooo.....I intend to pop up and ask them if I could have it since there not using it. Heck, they even have smash bros., how does a nintendo system with that game get neglected :(
I'm trying to look for info on how to handle the jump from my currently modded wii to a new wii u I will be getting soon. There aren't many issues I'm foreseeing with this but there are some. I know system transfer will only move certain titles, and as far as I know it's safe to assume that the homebrew channel and usbloader gx won't be transferred. What all may this entail transferring over that may be different from if I wasn't worried about keeping all my modded stuff?
Short hand: Will the shift over simply be:
1. Do wii to wii u system transfer
2. Set up homebrew again with the cios's and stuff
3. and reinstall the custom menu apps?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Jayro @ Jayro: Thanks for that bundle, I had the games already but got all the DLC for them for just $5. What a... +1