Not open for further replies.

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Now that we have the ability to dump the RAM of running games*, someone should try to analyze the code of this and see what files it's looking for.

*Well, you can run the "game" with GW, then close it out, swap Launcher.dat on SD with a dumper, then run that to dump RAM. Game code/assets that were loaded are still in RAM.

HtheB

Trophies
Website
www.HtheB.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Now that we have the ability to dump the RAM of running games*, someone should try to analyze the code of this and see what files it's looking for.

*Well, you can run the "game" with GW, then close it out, swap Launcher.dat on SD with a dumper, then run that to dump RAM. Game code/assets that were loaded are still in RAM.
I hope someone will do this.... I don't have a GW :(

PedroDJavier

Trophies
XP
Country

Nope. It will not work because when you use gateway (1.0 1.1 1.2 b1 or b2 it doesn´t matter) you CAN´T use any other launcher.

Only retail cartdriges can be RAM dumped debugged.

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
EDIT: Do you know this rom uses autoplay?

Yeah, I thought that was going to be an issue, but you can work around it.

You see, if a game autoboots then the power button turns the console off right away. But I found a way around that. Just enter Gateway mode without the cartridge inserted, then insert it and start the game up normally. The power button now brings sleep mode menu, and you can just press home to return to the home menu. Dumping the RAM right now, but it's gonna be a while.

PedroDJavier

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah, I thought that was going to be an issue, but you can work around it.

You see, if a game autoboots then the power button turns the console off right away. But I found a way around that. Just enter Gateway mode without the cartridge inserted, then insert it and start the game up normally. The power button now brings sleep mode menu, and you can just press home to return to the home menu. Dumping the RAM right now, but it's gonna be a while.

Nds mode works on GW mode ? (using 1.2 obiously) because to use RAM dumper i need the Homebrew rop installer, and i need nds mode. I will see what can i do.

PD: i´ve got 4.4 so i use the alternate rop instaler (not fiercewafle rop instaler) And my ram dumps are for about 3 mb, are they well?

EDIT1: Not necesary, i can patch launcher.dat to make it work with gateway rop instaler.

windwakr

Trophies
Website
windwakr.github.io
XP
Country
United States
Nds mode works on GW mode ? (using 1.2 obiously) because to use RAM dumper i need the Homebrew rop installer, and i need nds mode. I will see what can i do.

PD: i´ve got 4.4 so i use the alternate rop instaler (not fiercewafle rop instaler) And my ram dumps are for about 3 mb, are they well?

EDIT1: Not necesary, i can patch launcher.dat to make it work with gateway rop instaler.

This is the RAM dumper I'm using, it was made by Kane49:
http://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-development.360646/page-19#post-4908000

You just load up a game with your GW, close it out, swap the Launcher.dat on your 3DS' SD card with Kane's one, then go into system settings and run it.
You need an SDHC card in your 3DS, the dumper doesn't work with plain SD.

PedroDJavier

Trophies
XP
Country
This is the RAM dumper I'm using, it was made by Kane49:

thtp://gbatemp.net/threads/homebrew-development.360646/page-19#post-4908000
You just load up a game with your GW, close it out, swap the Launcher.dat on your 3DS' SD card with Kane's one, then go into system settings and run it.
You need an SDHC card in your 3DS, the dumper doesn't work with plain SD.

Ok, thanks you very much, i will start to dump at now, im lucky, im using a 4 gb sdhc sd card.

edit: How can i know when it finish ?

3DS-Temp

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,
Some fresh news !

Nintendo seek time to deploy kiosk that operate autonomously (3DS & Wii U). that mean it connects to the Internet through various means and retrieves the content. this system has clearly not been adopted by Nintendo !! So I advise you to check what is happening if you put a video cartridge with a Wifi connection NINTENDO ZONE (autoconnect by the console).

For the story, when Nintendo changing the 3DS to 3DS XL, all the kit to update the display, contained a note "How to install". It is written (with pictures) that it is necessary to insert new helmet, put video cartridge supplied on console and run everything - enjoy !
the cartridge don't come with this kit :( before they were removed.
I checked this way by inserting a cartridge video on this consoles ... NOTHING! i checked, SD card comes blank, so the console retrieves the content on the other hand ;)

weatMod

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,
Some fresh news !

Nintendo seek time to deploy kiosk that operate autonomously (3DS & Wii U). that mean it connects to the Internet through various means and retrieves the content. this system has clearly not been adopted by Nintendo !! So I advise you to check what is happening if you put a video cartridge with a Wifi connection NINTENDO ZONE (autoconnect by the console).

For the story, when Nintendo changing the 3DS to 3DS XL, all the kit to update the display, contained a note "How to install". It is written (with pictures) that it is necessary to insert new helmet, put video cartridge supplied on console and run everything - enjoy !
the cartridge don't come with this kit :( before they were removed.
I checked this way by inserting a cartridge video on this consoles ... NOTHING! i checked, SD card comes blank, so the console retrieves the content on the other hand ;)

can you please repeat that again in english

ernilos

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Doing a RAM dump after opening it, it should be posible read wich file reads, and looking format you might know wich codec use

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
can you please repeat that again in english
I think what's being said is that the application retrieves the media from Nintendo servers for playback, and doesn't, at least initially, look on the local storage for any data, though it downloads the media to there.

As a pseudo-code example:

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Check server for video data
if data exists on server
check if data already downloaded and CRC matches
▬▬while video isn't downloaded or CRC check fails
▬▬▬▬▬▬[re]download the video
▬▬end loop
▬▬play video
else
▬▬print "no video found" message to the screen
done
--------------------------------------------------------------------

As a result, the video, regardless of the title, will not load as it is not passing the media checks.

Reactions: weatMod
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-