Hacking Movie Player game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rubenyz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I don't know if this helps, but I discovered that the video type is moflex.
And... According to this page, it seems that Nintendo Video also uses moflex...

Attachments

• moflex.png
    moflex.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 591
Reactions: gamesgames

gamesgames

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Was that sarcasm?
I don't think that user meant to come off as sounding sarcastic.
I appreciate you continuing the research regarding this video rom player. I hope to one day be able to put the video player to use (for more than 10 min chunks at a time ;)

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
I don't know if this helps, but I discovered that the video type is moflex.
And... According to this page, it seems that Nintendo Video also uses moflex...
Not surprising, but that means we will not be able to make our own videos for it since that format is proprietary and no one has REd it. It's so hard to RE that a CFW was made instead in order to have subtitled videos in translation patches :(

Rubenyz

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Reverse engineer. Basically someone would have to reverse engineer the moflex library in the 3DS to figure out how the format works.
Right...
I actually think we'll never be able to watch videos on our 3DS using this method, as Nintendo greedily has the patent on the Mobiclip codec...

Ambassador

Trophies
XP
Country
Egypt
Have you tried to move a moflex-file into the extdata-folder and tried to play it?
yep, movie player after launching deletes these files. for me it is a mystery, why. I also found all the file types that it understands (should be), this is: jpg, jpeg, and moflex.

osm70

Trophies
XP
Country
Czech Republic
Someone should try connecting it to Nintendo Zone.
As mention here:

Hello,
Some fresh news !

Nintendo seek time to deploy kiosk that operate autonomously (3DS & Wii U). that mean it connects to the Internet through various means and retrieves the content. this system has clearly not been adopted by Nintendo !! So I advise you to check what is happening if you put a video cartridge with a Wifi connection NINTENDO ZONE (autoconnect by the console).

For the story, when Nintendo changing the 3DS to 3DS XL, all the kit to update the display, contained a note "How to install". It is written (with pictures) that it is necessary to insert new helmet, put video cartridge supplied on console and run everything - enjoy !
the cartridge don't come with this kit :( before they were removed.
I checked this way by inserting a cartridge video on this consoles ... NOTHING! i checked, SD card comes blank, so the console retrieves the content on the other hand ;)

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
any news?
If there were, maybe they would have been posted...

With warioworld.com registration open to the public, anyone can download a moflex converter... and with some simple modding of video titles available on the eShop, said moflex videos can actually be installed and watched on a console

Reactions: leewaiki
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Brb