MotionBase

Jhynjhiruu

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
First, some backstory.
Recently, I found out that whilst my dad was working on MotionBase technology, he became one of the first people in the world to use an original XBOX. A Formula 1 racing game by EA had been modidfied (by its developers) so that it would output data such as acceleration through the ethernet port, in the form of data packets. These packets would be picked up by a MotionBase platform, used to simulate F1 racing.
It was toured in Europe (or at least Germany), along with a video detailing its use.
The one article I could find on it (http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/33149) isn't very informative, and doesn't even have a picture. Web Archive didn't help.
Now for the actual purpose of this thread.
I was wondering whether somebody who knows more about how XBOXes work than me could possibly add something similar to this into the game - there isn't any particular reason for this, it would just make me happy. Even better would be a PC client which could read this data and display it. As all the data required (acceleration in each of the 6 degrees of motion) is already stored in the game's RAM, this would simply be a few lines of code that would spit these values out over Ethernet.
I would also like to research more about this, and see what I can find out. If anybody knows anything about this project, I would love to know.

Last edited by Jhynjhiruu,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20: Nice nice-