Most expensive thing you bought?

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
Wtf why has noone Money ? ;d
The most of you Guys write that their most expensive Thing was their Phone...what is with a Car,Bike,Flat,PC,Laptop or House ???

well i will talk for myself for now !

let's say when i was employed for about 2 and a half years i made like roughly 600$ a month (i was basically doing either data entry or accountant assistant stuff).

the reason why i did not save up to buy something fancy like a car was/is how i spent my money, sometimes i would help our family by giving them 100-200 sometimes even half of what i earnt.

and i always spent the rest on things that are related to my hobbies, e.g i love the Tales of series so i have bought like alot of its merchandise.
e.g the alter figures, plushies , straps and so on.

and i love gaming so i buy like nearly every console (except for the shizbox XD no offence xbox fans).
and sometimes i overdo it, i have 3 3ds's for instance, and bought a ps vita twice because i gifted one away.

and i also spend alot of times on video games , this all counts my dude !
and also on phones as i love tech.

but now that i talked about tech,i remember that the TV i have bought costed me around 1500$ , it is an 55' LG LED 55LA7400 Smart 3D TV. Great TV.
i dont use the 3d (all gimicky, i rarely use the 3d in my 3ds'es as well).

but to put it more simply, 68% of my incomes went all into my room.

Reactions: Gnarmagon

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
The most of you Guys write that their most expensive Thing was their Phone...what is with a Car,Bike,Flat,PC,Laptop or House ???
I don't have a phone but it is reasonable for it to be the most expensive thing. https://www.carphonewarehouse.com/mobiles/sim-free.html
You can do well with a £500 banger as it would be known here, Americans would know it as a junker and I have no idea what the German equivalent would be for a beat up old car that gets you places.
Bike. Unless you are doing real distance or as a proper hobby then your decent enough mountain bike to float around town on is sub £200 http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes and that is brand new. Second hand bikes are even better.
If you meant motorbike then assuming you are not paying 125 tax (despite being a fairly wimpy engine size it is the only one the kids are allowed to ride and thus prices are far higher than even a 175cc bike) you can get in under the cost of a decent phone.
PC/Laptop. Plenty here did but https://www.aria.co.uk/Products/Refurb/Refurbished+Systems/ . Assuming you are not playing games then one of those will likely do well. Even going new is not much worse http://www.pcworld.co.uk/gbuk/windo...006_xx_ba00010671-bv00308565/xx-criteria.html
Flat/House. You do know this generation is called generation rent right? Even with some of the low deposit mortgages (for the next few days the UK has a 5% down government backed scheme, though it ends and most mortgage companies are withdrawing it at the same time) unless you started saving very young (possibly teenager young) and have a partner and you are both earning decent money you will be doing well to buy a house in a lot of bigger towns and cities these days, and for some it also becomes a choice of house or kids. You can get a fairly short lease (40-50 years) on a flat I guess but not so many do that as straight up renting is a more attractive option. Even in places where it could be doable to get a house some look at the cost of moving/selling a property and might invest the difference in savings or something.

Reactions: Gnarmagon

RaMon90

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
If you mean most expensive thing my family bought i'd say a house. Also it looks like many replied having bought laptop or desktop.

Super.Nova

Trophies
XP
Country
Saudi Arabia
Thank goodness I already have a car and a house....
I think the most expensive thing I ever bought was my phone as well (Samsung Galaxy Note 4 when it was first released).

I'm generally into anything in the "technology" category and spend most of my money there, but the most expensive thing I got and rarely use/d is my Google Project Tango tablet to go along with my 3D printer.
I recall it was 6xx dollars plus tax shipping from California (to Hell with their insane tax rate!) to a forwarding service in the US and all the way to the Middle East, costing around $700 total.
The damn printer itself cost me $450 only!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/Tt5J7AfCK6E?si=g4dGzOkhACLJAovM