Most expensive thing you bought?

astrangeone

Trophies
Website
www.shophandmade.com
XP
Country
Canada
This year? A $200 used New Nintendo 3DS XL.

For myself this year it was a $35 swiss army knife + custom copper scales + accessories. Comes in at over $150. And I'm not done yet - I need to pick up some plastic polish.

Ryccardo

Penguin accelerator
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
On my own money... a Nikon D7000 with 18-105 for slightly over a thousand, which in these 3 years has served me very well between cosplay events, tourism across the world, and circuit board scans :P

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
For me that would be a HP laptop from 2012 which i wish i can upgrade without spending as much as i did for it. The fan is a huge problem now and only works when it wants to, and i hate intergrated graphics cards by intel, it sucks, is supposed to run the graphics card that is added to the system but it dosent. :glare:
Most Expensive one was my Laptop for around 1400€ :O in May.
The most stupid thing that i bought was my New Nintendo 3DS XL for 200€ + 2 Games (for Exploit) that costed me 260€ and now I broke my 3DS completely :glare: and everything was for the Dustbin...(bought in November)

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Many years ago it was held that computers were the third big expense a family might make, after house and car. Surprising to see it is still a big purchase for so many around here.

mightymuffy

fatbaldpieeater
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hmmm... do mortgages count? Coz I'm of course still paying for mine - £127,000...
Car was £12,000 of which I paid about £4500 cash, rest part ex, so that was probably my biggest single payment.... recently had to fix both my roof and guttering totalling just over £3000, so that's my biggest recent payment (tried my luck with the insurance but was hoping for a sex-starved woman visitor, which didn't happen :( )
Gaming/computing wise, oooh, £1200-ish back in 1990-plonk for a Pentium 200MMX with 16MB RAM and a 2GB HD.... was the dogs bollocks at the time, but I tell the lads about it and they're like 'fukk me, sounds like the dark ages!' :lol:

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many years ago it was held that computers were the third big expense a family might make, after house and car. Surprising to see it is still a big purchase for so many around here.
Owning a computer is essential now and days, so is comprehendable that this be so which is high demand for lots of people. Home, transportation, and computers are starting to be a common regulation for most homes, which is something i noticed.

Is also surprising that TV aren't something common people mention to spend lots of money on, now that they are fairly expensive for the "Best in home entertainment, smart tv, with Ultra 4K HD, HDR, and plenty of apps like the on demand streaming services to watch all the best quality videos on." But i mean i guess no one watches tv as much as they did back in early 2000 when cable network was popular instead of regular radio receivers :P

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Owning a computer is essential now and days, so is comprehendable that this be so which is high demand for lots of people. Home, transportation, and computers are starting to be a common regulation for most homes, which is something i noticed.

Is also surprising that TV aren't something common people mention to spend lots of money on, now that they are fairly expensive for the "Best in home entertainment, smart tv, with Ultra 4K HD, HDR, and plenty of apps like the on demand streaming services to watch all the best quality videos on." But i mean i guess no one watches tv as much as they did back in early 2000 when cable network was popular instead of regular radio receivers :P

We might have turned the corner though and plenty of people get by with a phone/tablet as their primary computing device. Equally since computers stopped needing to improve and refurb/ex company machines went nearly free or very cheap the notion of spending a lot of money on a computer seems somewhat less pressing than it was before.

On TVs maybe we are all sensible and have realised built in features are all scams or junk, thus we all have bog standard 1080p (or better) screens and fire a computer/console/rasp pi through them.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i think it was my Galaxy S5 (it cost me 535$ back then).

i have since switched to the nexus phones ,no regrest.
pure android is best, plus tons of custom roms.

i own a Nexus 6P and i love it.

Gnarmagon

Noob <3
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
i think it was my Galaxy S5 (it cost me 535$ back then).

i have since switched to the nexus phones ,no regrest.
pure android is best, plus tons of custom roms.

i own a Nexus 6P and i love it.
Wtf why has noone Money ? ;d
The most of you Guys write that their most expensive Thing was their Phone...what is with a Car,Bike,Flat,PC,Laptop or House ???

Reactions: leonmagnus99

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: It will actually make it worse