Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Mortal.Kombat.XBOX360-MARVEL
Region free, Wave 11, No AP25.

I'm sorta excited for this one. The MK games have always been fun. This one combines the classic 2D MK gameplay with 3D graphics. It has a good character roster, and awesome fatalities. This looks much better than Mortal Kombat vs. DC Universe.

Video
[youtube]YcDFkJWxY1M[/youtube]

Boxart
961032_126539_front.jpg

NFO

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Thanks for the news post, I have been a bit lax these last few days (apologies to those that might have missed out on Michael_Jackson_The_Experience_XBOX360-iCON and Fantastic_Pets_NFOFiX_XBOX360-CHARGED).

Not sure what I am going to do about this though- MK3 ultimate was probably my favourite megadrive fighting game and I did not mind the one I had for the N64 but after that......

Fudge

Remember that death is not the end, but only a tra
OP
Banned
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
431unknown said:
Hopefully this game lives up to the hype its been receiving. I personally can't wait to play, downloading it now.
I'm downloading it too. Hopefully it will hold me over until Portal 2.

VashTS

Beat it, son
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
game is disappointing, by no means is it bad. but it is NOT a rebirth of the series. its just the standard since MKDA but without the 3d battlefield.

fatalities are sick, but human smoke was butchered, i started with him as he is my fav in umk3. they took away his spear, unless i cant find it.

i also found a shao khan glitch. if you stay as far away as you can he will either taunt or throw a spear. playing with human smoke, you just head all the way back away from khan and when he does one of the two, use the teleport move. continue until he is dead.

i beat the game on medium difficulty dying only at kintaro and shao khan a few times.

Fellow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Only picking up the PS3 version because I find the controller for the system better when playing Fighting Games.

Screw Kratos.

jaapie18

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I have patched the game for the 1.51 ixtreme. Can i play the game without problems when it asked for an update? Or do i have to install the latest dash?

The_Hulkster

Trophies
XP
Country
jaapie18 said:
I have patched the game for the 1.51 ixtreme. Can i play the game without problems when it asked for an update? Or do i have to install the latest dash?

I'm in the same boat on this one but on ix 1.6
Can anyone answer this?

I will be patching the wave to wave 3 too.

Vladimir

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Well, i i've already burned and played it. The game is pretty awesome, the controls are very smooth and fast, just how i wanted it to be. The fatalities are sick, loved em. Oh..and the story mode, totally rules.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Wave patching and you- the (hopefully) condensed version

Waves correspond roughly (some of the earlier stuff being the exception to this statement) to what update a disc carries (not every update makes it to a disc either).

There are two problems (well three if you count doing as such as effectively holding a "ban me" sign up) with waves though

1) Some older hacked DVD firmwares saw some wave updates as corrupt discs and refused to work with them. This is originally where wave patching came in as it allowed the hacked DVD firmware to think it was all good.
1.6NS and LT have made this a thing of the past though. Regular 1.6 users can use a disc burned with activate.iso to bypass these checks (1.6NS made it think that disc had always been used) so it is only people that stuck with the ixtreme firmwares since checks were added (some of the really old stuff does not have it) that are troubled by this.

2) These days (mainly with regards to JTAG and now AP2.5) some updates can disable things from running and require newer updates than the one you are at.
JTAG did not have the hacked dash (it does once again) to match for a while but for the games releases soon after the wave change* but it should have still worked as long as you disabled dash version checks on your 360- wave patching (or simply stripping the update from the game) then stopped it from being updated as the 360 saw a "newer" version on the disc.

*waves are somewhat arbitrary- dash updates can bring improvements available to games but this needs the game to be built to take advantage of them (that is to say built with the new SDK)- just to keep things clear unlike much of the wii the dash can also do things in the background so it can do things the games never knew about but the games can still "call".
There are also simple checks a game can do to see it is at a given dash- these simple checks do not mean it was built with/requires the newer dashes with support for the new SDK versions.
Nobody really recompiles a game using a newer SDK with the headaches it causes (some changes can mean you spend ages recoding things- see the built with version ? stuff you see with some homebrew and consider that nobody doing such things for a living has that much time to fiddle around if the game otherwise works- the PS3 world makes extensive use of this nicety) just to use the newer updates so there is/was often a bit of a lag there between what it says it wants and what it actually needs (indeed it still might be the case here). Naturally only JTAG users can patch around this.

On the hacked DVD front there was a beta of the kinect dash that did not have AP2.5 checks activated but would appear to games as being a sufficiently high version to actually run them. But much like JTAG above if it saw a newer dash on the disc it would still run it and thus gain you a AP2.5 enabled dash so people updated to the beta to allow newer games at the time to run but not have issues with AP2.5 .
We have since passed the dash version that the beta would later become in terms of what updates the games ship with so this is fairly pointless unless you want to miss out on the newer games (this is one of them and there are quite a few more).

To this end you need to update your dash manually (burn a disc with the update on it, add it to USB, run a game with it on) and then the game will work. Better you could move up to 1.6NS and avoid having to wave patch or LT if you are willing to do what it needs (games using splitvid and SSv3 where relevant).

Things are set to change again with the dash presently in beta but we are not there yet.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    a_username_that_isnt_cool @ a_username_that_isnt_cool: I fixed it, just uninstalled SDUSB