More Than Meets The Eye! February Mini Contest! *Contest Closed*

Redhorse

Warehouse 13 Curator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Easter Egg for Advance Wars. Dual Strike...

well sort of
Hidden Additional Content in game when Present & Previous game are used simultaneously

What you need: 1 DS lite, 1 copy Advance Wars Dual Stike (presumably original one) + either of the GBA Advance Wars, in it's slot..

By starting Advance Wars Dual Strike (while using a DS Lite with a GBA slot filled with either Advance Wars gba or Advance Wars gba Black Hole...

additional content opens 2 new maps in Battle Maps per card 2 for 1st A.W., 2 for black hole + new wallpapers)

The content opens on the A.W. Dual Strike.. for purchase in Battle Maps.

Something also becomes available in the GBA card too but I've forgotten what that is...

Enjoy..

PS many sites that had some of these listed are either closed down or content is no longer available via thier sites that used to be before the 3ds... IOW Since the 3ds arrived much Advance Wars content has been deleted or moved from many sites as well as GBA guides, walks etc...

iHavezMyBirdo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
529px-Sonic_cd_hidden_picture_1_by_elias1986-d37kdcm.jpg

From Sonic CD

Randall402

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tony Hawk Underground 2
On the level when you're in Boston, if you go up a ramp and go forward to smash through a window you'll see him sitting there. If you talk to him, he'll get up and swing a golf ball retriever around, just like in the video.

JonnyPoots

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My favorite would have to be Pojo the Chicken from the arcade edition of Gauntlet Legends Dark Legacy. If your username was EGG and your password was 911 (in the console version you would imput EGG911 as your name) it wouldn't matter which character you chose, you were Pojo. This was iffy because if anyone in your area knew about this they could fuck with your account. On the other hand, your account not being fucked with would likely lead to an elitist attitude. "Dude, how are Pojo all the time?" "I'm just that good." My other fav would be from the annals of passive easter egg: In Super Mario World's star world the soundtrack would change after several minutes to an SNES remix of the World-1 theme from Super Mario Bros. 3. I consider this an easter egg only because of how few people I've met know about it: I've known about it for only some 7 years!

bowser

Mwa ha ha ha!
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Favorite Easter egg: Inaccessible Ice Key in Banjo-Kazooie. And all the innuendos throughout the game's dialog. And the girl in the final cutscene holding the tray containing two "strategically placed" coconuts.

Favorite secret: In Diddy Kong Racing, the secret code the game displays after watching the credits that you can then enter in the cheat section. Over 20 cheats and you randomly get 1 each time you defeat WizPig and watch the credits.

Jaems

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Remember how Dreamcast games were incredibly easy to pirate? Well there was something special about Sega Smashpack Volume 1:

Years later, two gamers were going through some old Sega games when they noticed something odd: a file on the disc titled "ECHELON.TXT." Upon opening it, they found instructions intended for Echelon pirates explaining exactly how to use the game's files to play any Genesis game on the Dreamcast. The functionality was programmed in from the start, and someone at Sega had let Echelon know all about it ... as if they knew that no new games would be made for the console and wanted to give fans something to do.

The text file even asked the pirates to "pay your respects to Uncle Sonic" and was signed "Gary." Incidentally, the lead American programmer for Sega Smash Pack was named Gary Lake, and this was his last game at Sega, for some reason.

Reactions: Rydian

Zerousen

【=◈︿◈=】
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Getting the Shotokan moves in MMX/MMXtreme. I actually played Megaman Xtreme 2 for the GBC when I first found the capsule.

Here is the Xtreme/2/MMMH version.

dudenator

King of the Carts
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
My favorite Easter egg is in Metal Gear Solid 3. After you do the nightmare game easter egg in the prison cell, you can call people on the communicator thing and hear various responses. The best is when you call Sigint and he tells you about his nightmare where his hometown is "Turned to shit" by a giant "Tank shaped like a big pile of crap" with "Turd-missiles". It was really funny and also foreshadowing for the metal gear that he helped create later on.

Here's a video of what I'm talking about:

Sleet

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Favorite easteregg/secret is probably this:

hyrule2.jpg

Top image is part of Zelda II's map. It's supposed to be the area of Hyrule Zelda 1 takes place in.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: unless nintendo is going to start selling consoles at a loss that thing won't be cheap based on...