ROM Hack WIP Monster Hunter Stories 2 Demo Save Editor

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
you can fix the exp bar issue with entering appropriate exp for the level, this ability to change exp was added on v0.07.

The problem comes with knowing the values for the level. I tested it by changing a monsters level to 30, and the exp bar leveled him up to 31 and then the same thing happened again

imduyduy1829

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Same thing
The problem comes with knowing the values for the level. I tested it by changing a monsters level to 30, and the exp bar leveled him up to 31 and then the same thing happened again
happened to me! I set level 30 for my monties and after a fight, they went to level 31, but same thing happened again.

supermario956

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, I tried using the editor, and it works fine but what I don't get is how to put items, the item section in the editor needs explaining. Thanks.

D

Deleted User

Hi, I tried using the editor, and it works fine but what I don't get is how to put items, the item section in the editor needs explaining. Thanks.

For the most part, adding items is a bit of translation/guess work. The items are currently listed with their Japanese names so if you don't speak the language you're kind of left to wonder what exactly you are adding to your inventory.

When you use the Search Item function of the editor, you select the item of choice and click OK and then the items is added, with the amount of "1" and you can of course edit that to a higher number. In the zip file, there is an info document that gives the list of item ID numbers and their names. You can spend sometime running those names through some translations to find what you're looking for. A lot of the items can be found on the Japanese Wiki of the game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The save editor works wonders, haven't really had an issue with it yet. Thank you

supermario956

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For the most part, adding items is a bit of translation/guess work. The items are currently listed with their Japanese names so if you don't speak the language you're kind of left to wonder what exactly you are adding to your inventory.

When you use the Search Item function of the editor, you select the item of choice and click OK and then the items is added, with the amount of "1" and you can of course edit that to a higher number. In the zip file, there is an info document that gives the list of item ID numbers and their names. You can spend sometime running those names through some translations to find what you're looking for. A lot of the items can be found on the Japanese Wiki of the game.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

The save editor works wonders, haven't really had an issue with it yet. Thank you

Thanks for explaining that to me, but you see the problem is that when I load my save file and go to the items tab and hit the search button it opens another window, inside it is nothing other than to type something in the box where it says Filter on the left of the box and down there to choose ok or cancel.

Max89

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
I take back what I said, if you edit the monster level the exp bar bugs out and it just goes on a never ending loop of EXP 0
try to copy a legit monster exp and level. in this way it worked for me and every monster is gaining exp now.
i don't know if every monster level require the same gained exp but we could check that if we know every range of exp for level

Last edited by Max89,

Misledz

Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
try to copy a legit monster exp and level. in this way it worked for me and every monster is gaining exp now.
i don't know if every monster level require the same gained exp but we could check that if we know every range of exp for level

I can confirm this is the way to go about it, the best way is if you have a monster that leveled without the save edit, just copy the exp value and the level of that monster and that should fix the exp bug. Unless you know the exact exp value of that level it would bug out. Im not sure on this part but for 4 monsters, their exp bar and value is exactly the same, not sure if this is the same for elder dragon monsties

Example : Putting 900 exp for Lvl 30 would cause the xp bug.
Level 21 if the exp is 1344, setting a monster to level 21 and manually entering the xp value fixes it.

it would be great if this app could work to the fullest extent of the full game.

OP mentioned he isn't planning on buying the full game a page back so we would probably need to dump and translate some items so he can add it.

Last edited by Misledz,

KitsuKaito

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not that far into the game yet but I've translated some of the items to english for the item.txt. There might be some mistakes though but I'll spend some more time on it later once I get past chapter 2. Item names are a mix between what I was able to find in game, on the MH wiki (based on previous games), and google translate.

Attachments

• item.txt
    17 KB · Views: 165
Reactions: chronoss

Actez

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm not that far into the game yet but I've translated some of the items to english for the item.txt. There might be some mistakes though but I'll spend some more time on it later once I get past chapter 2. Item names are a mix between what I was able to find in game, on the MH wiki (based on previous games), and google translate.
Can you perhaps find the rare expedition ticket? I tried looking and so far I dont see it but the translations im getting are pretty garbage haha

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Mondooooo @ Mondooooo: im fucking motivated