Hacking Monster Hunter 4 U "cannot go online with this game card"

xxmasal22xx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hate to be "that guy", but you know if you want to play online, you should probably, y'know, buy the game instead of steal it?

Every time you go online with a pirated game, God kills a baby bunny.

See, that'd be feasible, if i actually had the money to buy the game. I do however intend to buy the game on the first.

And good, I hate bunnies xD

D

Deleted-188346

I hate to be "that guy", but you know if you want to play online, you should probably, y'know, buy the game instead of steal it?

Oh go away.

Back on topic, as a final resort you could download the .CIA version of the game. Sadly you'll have to start again, but .CIA versions of games are practically guaranteed to work online, provided your console hasn't been banned.

Reactions: xxmasal22xx

davhuit

Trophies
XP
Country
France
No, it's not a ban if you can play other games online. Check here : http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_forums/threads/287425-Going-online-Monster-Hunter-4-Ultimate (page 3 or 4.)

It's one of the few games that require you to choose another Manufacturer in the Gateway patcher to make it works.

You also get the same error if you split the game, as splitted games can't play one.

But I'm not sure you can fix the header yourself with Sky3DS? If not, you might contact them and explain the problem by linking to the thread I posted.

For Gateway users with the problem, just follow the thread to fix it.

xxmasal22xx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Oh go away.

Back on topic, as a final resort you could download the .CIA version of the game. Sadly you'll have to start again, but .CIA versions of games are practically guaranteed to work online, provided your console hasn't been banned.

i thought with sky3ds .cia installations were impossible?

FearItSelf23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm aware of that. That's why when i [patched smash 4 for online, i tested for 3 weeks on my regular 3ds before playing on my new 3ds xl

Almost every company in the last 10 years has banned in waves. You testing it 3 weeks ago on your old 3DS doesn't mean shit. When a big wave comes along if you played with headers they detect you're on the list and will be banned.

D

Deleted-188346

i thought with sky3ds .cia installations were impossible?
Oh whoops. I legitimately forgot that you're using a SKY3DS. My bad. Ignore me.
I pray to the Great Jaggi that you get the game working though, it's so good. :lol:

Rhokk222

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Really? Your telling a guy that is posting on a flashcard thread to go buy a game... and you with over 2k posts to boot. I think I've honestly seen everything now.

EVERYONE has drawn their "line" somewhere in regards to what is acceptable to them. Heres the thing... not everyones line is in the same spot!!!
1. Some don't like anything associated with piracy.
2. Some are ok with flashcards but not with piracy. -homebrew
3. Some are ok with flashcards and possibly offline piracy but not online piracy. <--- maybe you?
4. Some are ok with piracy and all that comes with it.
5 . Some are ok with piracy but not with cheating at all
6. Some are ok with piracy but not with cheating online.
7. I can keep going with various scenarios...

Everyone is here for their own reasons. Why push your "line" (view) on someone else?

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So still nothing back from the sky team. i sent an email but still nothing. really hoping they fix it soon
It's something you have to fix yourself. Most of the MH4U dumps floating around out there are headerless so that you cannot go online without adding your own private header (to avoid people getting themselves banned). The same is likely to occur for all dumps of games which are multiplayer-focused from here on out.

You can use Gateway's launcher.dat to dump your own retail cartridges and pull headers from them, even without a Gateway cart. Only if you're on a system which can reach the Gateway launch menu, however.

xxmasal22xx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It's something you have to fix yourself. Most of the MH4U dumps floating around out there are headerless so that you cannot go online without adding your own private header (to avoid people getting themselves banned). The same is likely to occur for all dumps of games which are multiplayer-focused from here on out.

You can use Gateway's launcher.dat to dump your own retail cartridges and pull headers from them, even without a Gateway cart. Only if you're on a system which can reach the Gateway launch menu, however.

so then im assuming a 9.5 system cannot do that? I have 2 regulas 3ds on 9.5, and my new 3ds xl on 9.5....my cosmos black regular 3ds is being repaired at nintendo, do you think they'll update it? I had it on 4.5 or something of the like specifically for that reason

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
so then im assuming a 9.5 system cannot do that? I have 2 regulas 3ds on 9.5, and my new 3ds xl on 9.5....my cosmos black regular 3ds is being repaired at nintendo, do you think they'll update it? I had it on 4.5 or something of the like specifically for that reason
sysNAND 9.5 cannot access the Gateway menu, no. Best you'll be able to do is find a friend who can give you a private header to edit in to your Sky3DS template file for MH4U.

xxmasal22xx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
sysNAND 9.5 cannot access the Gateway menu, no. Best you'll be able to do is find a friend who can give you a private header to edit in to your Sky3DS template file for MH4U.

does the header need to be from another 4GB game?

arapozo

Trophies
XP
Country
does the header need to be from another 4GB game?

Just to test, I used a header from a dump of my physical copy of RE:Revelations and it worked online. My retail copy of MH4U arrives today or tomorrow, I think capcom and nintendo deserve my money for bringing this game to the US and with online play(Amazon had it on preorder for $27+tax) so I didn't continue to play on the sky3ds. I edited the template using "No ban no Sky" tool that's here on gbatemp.

Ninoh-FOX

Otaku Gamer!!
Trophies
Website
colorslive.com
XP
Country
Spain
I used the header from me original dump of SSFIV and the online works fine for me. I only have problems anytime when i try conect online, error code 006-635 (i think that this is the code) but finally i can access.

xxmasal22xx

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to test, I used a header from a dump of my physical copy of RE:Revelations and it worked online. My retail copy of MH4U arrives today or tomorrow, I think capcom and nintendo deserve my money for bringing this game to the US and with online play(Amazon had it on preorder for $27+tax) so I didn't continue to play on the sky3ds. I edited the template using "No ban no Sky" tool that's here on gbatemp.
okay cool. now is there a way to dump my game header without a gateway or exploitable firmware version? Also where can I find this tool you speak of?

I used the header from me original dump of SSFIV and the online works fine for me. I only have problems anytime when i try conect online, error code 006-635 (i think that this is the code) but finally i can access.

ok thanks bro

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @ZeroT21, The Russians are after you lol.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Send me your ip I'll remotely fix it
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 my head needs fixing if I believe you
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    it's kinda fun watching it happen tho
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It needs fixing for other things but your pc I can fix
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    over 300+ virus/trojians/worms after scanning, what did I do to deserve this attention lol
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    tho I find it funny when i receive other people's pc/laptops in this state
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    i wont be upgrading unless I cant run the games i want anymore
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Spill water on it good excuse
  • ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21:
    @K3Nv2 that's like a valid option if someone else is paying for ya
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Daddy's wallet
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Ngl hogwarts legacy has good pooping music
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    That's uh-
    That's certainly a Dairy Queen sign lmao
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You should see his help wanted signs
    Ugh, so many sweat-dipwads in Sploon 3 Anarchy mode tonight
    I didn't know this was "Make Octo never finish Fresh Season 2024 Catalog in Splatoon 3" month, good god
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the point of "confirming" games you know will get released. Like Nintendo "confirming" a Zelda sequel. "We can't be sure Nintendo is working on a new Zelda game, or if a new Zelda game will ever be released, until they officially confirm it."
  • Veho @ Veho:
    "There is literally no way to know if they will ever release a new Zelda game, it's wild speculation until they officially confirm it."
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Black ops was the lesser shitter line in cock a poopoo tbf just a way to let people know it hasn't died or going a different route I guess
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    $70 DLC per 6 months is what it turned into
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/R28ZSY2Sc2A?si=H5Lb6PNkzMhAHO_P