New 2ds XL frequently freezing/hanging when connected to WiFi

LunaQ

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Malaysia
Straight to the point, whenever I connect my 2ds XL to home WiFi router, it will start to freeze randomly when;
1. While downloading something online,
2. Browsing anything online for example E-shop to re-download paid games
3. Sometimes when launching and exiting any games or tools
4. Putting 2ds XL in sleep mode only to open to a black screen at random
5. When trying to go multiplayer/online on any games it freezes
6. And sometimes just randomly hangs when on the home screen

My firmware is already at it's latest update. (11.16. 0-49)
I have noticed that before freezing there is usually at least 1 or 2 minutes when i turn on my console where the issues will not show up, kind of like a grace period.
Also just to give some more clarification, the home WiFi router is fast and consistent with strong signal.
Not a single time did I ever dropped or put pressure on the console, I've taken care of it very carefully which is why this problem stumped me very much.

I then decided to turn off the WiFi connection and instantly all of the freezing problems are gone, even the sleep mode is perfectly fine as if the console is perfect without any issues at all.
I then tested using mobile data instead of home WiFi and realize that it still work perfectly and i can even go online, download things, browse online and all of that without experiencing any issues.
Which prompt me to test it multiple times, switching back and forth WiFi and observing the console. Giving consistent result that Home WiFi = freeze whereas Mobile Data does not have any issues. However it is only a temporary solution as I can't rely on limited data on Mobile plan. Hopefully this information can help someone else out there experiencing the same problem as I am.

Any ideas of how and why this is happening?
and is there any way to fix it?
I really appreciate any reply and suggestion if you have any.

HaKoSuKa_GTR

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Had the same problem 😕

My n2dsxl was not turning on and no power when I charged it. Decided to open it and clean up the inside with iso alcohol. Put it back together and work, my n2dsxl was turning on normally but the wifi freezing is appearing.

Any help would be appreciated 🙏

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...