Gaming Monster Hunter 3 Hype Thread!!

Da Mafia

Trophies
XP
Country
The closest thing i've played to this is PSO, and in comparison they're quite smooth.

The biggest complaint I have is that you can't really change direction while attacking like you can do in most games.

Dangy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
10_0ARMY said:
I've played the demo and I feel the controls are a bit clunky. Hopefully when the game come out the controls will be smoother...

Does any1 else agree?

I agree. The attacks moved way to slowly. If they don't fix this, it will ruin the game for me.

Da Mafia

Trophies
XP
Country
jalaneme said:
Da Mafia said:
The biggest complaint I have is that you can't really change direction while attacking like you can do in most games.

it's supposed to be like that, think of it like turned based rpgs, it makes the game more challenge like that.

It's challenging enough already
unsure.gif

How do shops and things work? Are they in the main area where you get your quests and things, or can they be found during quests?

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Da Mafia said:
jalaneme said:
Da Mafia said:

it's supposed to be like that, think of it like turned based rpgs, it makes the game more challenge like that.

It's challenging enough already
unsure.gif

How do shops and things work? Are they in the main area where you get your quests and things, or can they be found during quests?

no, there is a area, like a town where you buy and make weapons and armour and choose your quests, you don't have this area during a quest.

and yes MH is challenging, but in a fun away, you don't get games like this anymore, so mh is always something to look foreward too.

Berioth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Monster hunter is probably the most challenging game series currently, in all seriousness, its on an another level compared to average games

first, each monster is unique in its behaviour, they show signs of weakness when weak and do different things
second, the camera is something terrible to crontrol at first, and i still say they did this on purpose to increase the difficulty of the game as monsters constantly rush from one side of the screen to another(looking at you Mono/Diablos)
third, things at higher rank take you out with 1-2 hits, so its not "oh i can take a hit here and i'll heal easily", it's more like "can't get hit, can't get hit, can't get hit!", so it adds to the tension ;D

Jala seems like a good fellow hunter, whats your fav Monster jala? my current favorite is Naruga but Beriorosu/Berioth(my avatar) has caught my attention

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Berioth said:
Jala seems like a good fellow hunter, whats your fav Monster jala? my current favorite is Naruga but Beriorosu/Berioth(my avatar) has caught my attention

they all look interesting, and most of them are completely new compared to the 1st mh game. my main interest is the Rathalos Rathian's as i have heard they move differently in tri, that is something to look forward too.

Berioth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
jalaneme said:
Berioth said:

they all look interesting, and most of them are completely new compared to the 1st mh game. my main interest is the Rathalos Rathian's as i have heard they move differently in tri, that is something to look forward too.

well if you play the demo against qurupeco, he may end up summoning an rathian(low ranked qurupecos do that), though most of the time they'll summon the Great Jaggi
i've seen the rathian on tri thanks to him and it is more vicious than in United, has some new attacks and is a bit smarter(though it may have been just me trying to avoid two monsters at the same time)
im interest in Lagriacus(the huge serpent wyvern that symbolizes tri), apparently he has some Khezu-like attacks underwater and some attacks that hit all around him so he should be a challenge, specially since hes underwater

Hezkore

Trophies
XP
Country
I was just fighting Royal Ludroth in the swamps with a friend Online just now, and all of the sudden out of nowhere Rathian comes flying in and starts attacking us all and ended up owning us. xD

Safavid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Herzoke can you do me a favor? Could you load the game through a USB loader and see if you can go online with it?

Ritsuki

ORAORAORAORA
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
Want this game so badly... I'll maybe take the Ultimate Hunter Pack since my birthday is only 2 days after the relase date
tongue.gif

And for the people who are playing on the JAP version, which controller is the most comfortable ? GC, classic pro or Wiimote/Nunchuk ?

Hezkore

Trophies
XP
Country
Tried it a million times Safavid, it does not work.
It throws some Japanese jibberish at me, and after that I can only select to spend some Wii points on game time or go back to the game start menu.
Doesn't seem to matter what settings I use in USB Loader either...
Tested in USB Loader GX, WiiFlow and Configurable USB Loader.

Ritsuki said:
And for the people who are playing on the JAP version, which controller is the most comfortable ? GC, classic pro or Wiimote/Nunchuk ?

Classic Pro Controller of course, while you don't have to swing the Wiimote to hit (you can turn that off) you DO have to tilt it to do different kinds of attacks which is just annoying, other than that it actually works pretty damn well with the Wiimote.
Gamecube controller does not work with this game. :/

Safavid

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
And this is when you try to go to the Online section?

If this issue persists then I will die trying to find a fix.

Thank you Hezkore

Hezkore

Trophies
XP
Country
Yep, offline works great, no problems at all there using any of these USB Loaders.
But none of them works online.
It'd be great if this was somehow fixed as I mainly use USB Loader GX, Monster Hunter Tri is the only game I've burnt to DVD.

Berioth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
lol a rathian came flying? what the..maybe she was an extra monster there(some missions in united had an extra monster besides the target, like one at the swamp that theres an bulldrome besides the target, fkin hate that stupid pig), well, one thing i've read is that Deviljho can appear at any high ranked mission and hes pretty strong too, so it seems that they want us to fight more than 1 monster more now(like 2 tigrex wasnt enough at united)

shadow1w2

Still here.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I pre-orded the game. The Classic Controller Pro bundle at gamestop.
Sadly the US doesn't have the big bundle with the unknown extra and a WiiSpeak.
So if I want a Wii Speak I'll have to go find one elsewhere.
Wish I could just cheat and use a regular USB mic.

I played the Japanese demo as my first Monster Hunter game and I kinda liked it.
Since then I've picked up MH:Unite and have been having fun with it lately.
Also tried some Monster Hunter G (Japanese version) and liked that too.
It feels kinda like a more realistic version of Phantasy Star Online. If you can call it realisitic but the survival element is done rather well I think.

So ya, pre-ordered the game with the bundle.
I wanted to get a Classic Controller Pro anyway and at gamestop you get a free five dollars worth of wii points.
Though now I gotta look around for a cheap used WiiSpeak or something.

I for one am looking forward to the game and know what I'm buying for once.
I'm up for the repetitive grind, lets do this. :3

Berioth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
theres no grind, but theres repetitive hunting for certain "parts", since you got Unite, once you face rathalos, know this, you'll be seeing the fag alot, and whats worse, some good weapons are made with extra carves you get from him(extra meaning, breaking/cutting certain parts, the most wanted at first will be the rathalos plate, which u have 3% chance of getting from carving his tail after cutting it ;D), always remember, break any parts you can for any monster
biggrin.gif
(mostly tail/head, tail with cutting weapons and head with anything, some other parts, like the giant crabs head at their back are only with smash weapons, hammers being the best ;D)

...geez i always end up typing alot when it comes to monster hunter...

Hells Malice

Are you a bully?
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Berioth said:
Monster hunter is probably the most challenging game series currently, in all seriousness, its on an another level compared to average games

You...don't play a lot of games, huh?
It's a very, very easy game once you get the hang of it (an hour, possibly 2 tops). The "strategic" elements of the game (barrel rolls) make the game pretty easy. If you can spot that something is attacking, or about to attack...you can generally avoid the damage. Simple as that.
At least, that's how Tri works. Never played any others.

Berioth

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Brazil
Hells Malice said:
Berioth said:

You...don't play a lot of games, huh?
It's a very, very easy game once you get the hang of it (an hour, possibly 2 tops). The "strategic" elements of the game (barrel rolls) make the game pretty easy. If you can spot that something is attacking, or about to attack...you can generally avoid the damage. Simple as that.
At least, that's how Tri works. Never played any others.

did you ever get to the higher ranks where things start 1 hitting you and it takes a ****load of time to kill them? i didnt play tri, but i can tell one thing, qurupeco is going to be hell on higher ranks considering what he can call out on you, and while its simple to dodge roll some things, other aren't =/

but i do play lots of games, and this one is the one i had the most difficulty with(owned an mega drive, snes, n64, psx, ps2, gc, gba and currently own an nds, a psp and a wii,testing and finishing games constantly, nothing to boast since everyone here does that, but its just that, in my case MH has the hardest learning experience out of all of the games ive played)

my opinion there, i've seen some people with an very easy time in this game(maybe you, but if you only played the demo then its no big deal)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    denpafan @ denpafan: swag