Mods Now Coming to Fallout 4 and Skyrim on PS4

OqvqQaa.png

Remember about a month ago, when Bethesda said Sony denied mods for Fallout 4 and the upcoming re-release Remaster of Skyrim on the PS4? Turns out, as I predicted, there's been a change of plans and now mods will indeed be coming to Skyrim and Fallout 4 for the PS4, along with "native 4k" support. Mods will be released for Skyrim first, with Fallout 4 being updated sometime in the future.

Mod support will come to Skyrim first. We and Sony have worked hard to make this possible. Mods on PlayStation 4 will allow you to modify and create your own content by using our Creation Kit available here. You will not be able to upload external assets with your PlayStation 4 mods, but you will be able to use any assets that come with the game, as most mods do. By creating a Bethesda.net account, you’ll be able to browse and try mods right from within the game.

As noted, mods won't be able to use outside resources (sorry, no Thomas the Tank Engine dragons), but it's still an important first step for game mods on game consoles.

:arrow: Source

Sheikah Impa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Lmao Sony doesn't get it. You don't just make mods to alter gameplay, you also do it to add your own content to the game. How is this the better alternative? I might as well just stick with my sexy futnari overpowered half dragon i have on pc skyrim.

Reactions: Saiyan Lusitano

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/ZQhiwti-pK0?si=LTqU_S8Xm2fYnlQg