• Total voters

nisusa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I am unclear on what you mean by
No, you can't. You must be doing something wrong.

Let me make myself clear: I have a wii U on 4.0.3 and i have soft modded it with lego batman hack and installed homebrew channel. I then installed vWii IOS236 mod version 8. I wanted to install config usb loader, for which cios d2x for vwii is required. I prepared the appropriate install package for vwii but it fails. I tried my install with d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii.zip and d2x-v10-beta52-alt-vWii.zip and both of them fail. There are no logs that i could make use of to debug.

bobsyouruncle

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Background: Im working on a Wii that was previously hacked and I tried to redo it because it stopped working. I downloaded this software package on the SD card, put it in and reinstalled homebrew channel and bootmi. I skipped over the bannerbomb( I know probably an idiot but I missread it)I then ran the Nand backup every thing went good went on to install IOS236 but the homebrew channell would not boot up just black screen. Did I screw up and install two homebrew channels? How do I fix or what did I do. Please help! Thanks!!

MistaCizm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Problem: I go through the usual modmii installation and it gets up to trying to download the Hackmii installer and it just keeps trying to connect to bootmii.org, it says "a duplicate file name exists or the file cannot be found"

"error: cannot find archive"

"the file is missing, retrying download"

HackMii Installer: Missing
BootMii SD Files: Missing

"press next to retry"

its just a constant loop of this

MistaCizm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The site was down, its working now. I got it all going.

When i go into USB Loader the black wii load screen flashes and goes up off the screen annoyingly, then its normal again when it shows the version number screen. (ver70 r65)
Anyone know how to stop this?

Also, when i load starfox gamecube game from USB:games/starfox adventures/game.iso ...
it loads, i hear the gamecube start noise, its black and it freezes

Thanks again, awesome mod

MikeyTaylorGaming

YouTube Glitcher
Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Does it matter the order the wads are installed? Is there a program that can batch install wads?

Yes! The order the wads are installed is essential and could lead to a brick if not installed in the correct way!

EG. If the system menu WAD is installed before the IOS required to run the system menu, you have a brick!

robsterinside

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi everyone! I'm sort of new here, so I'm not quite sure of where to post my question, but it all started using ModMii, so I guess I'll give it a try here.
It all began a couple of years ago, when I softmodded my then 4.1U wii and ocasionally installed some apps. No big deal.
Some months ago, my brother updated the wii to 4.3U. Most things kept working fine, but I didn't use HBC apps until quite recently.
Yesterday I found out about GC Action Replay App for HBC, and was eager to try it on MK Double Dash. Tutorials for it's installation were pretty clear, indications were:

1. Install a patched version of MIOS (Wii GC Mode), using MIOS Patcher.

2. Open Action Replay after inserting the GC game and an unofficial memory card.

I was unable to install the MIOS and kept getting the next error:

"ES_AddTitleStartReturned: -2011
You need to use an IOS with trucha bug.
Up to system menu 4.2 you can get one with Trucha Bug Restorer.
MIOS installation failed..."

I looked everywhere for an IOS with trucha bug, but found none for 4.3U.

Then I tried the next method, suggested by a gbatemp member in another thread. I quote:

"To quote a thread on GBAtemp that helped me solve the problem:
Just change your IOS to one that doesn't check for game titles.
Launch Multi Mod Manager, load IOS36 as your IOS, go to IOS manager, hit 1 to install a cIOS, choose 36 as your base IOS, then choose slot 236, and say YES to all 4 patches (including the version patch).
Then reload IOS236, then retry installing your cMIOS
That SHOULD solve the problem. It worked for me, I'm on 4.3U
After this I was able to use Action Replay App"

I tried using that method, then MMM indicated me that the wad "IOS36 is not capable of homebrew" just after saying YES to all patches...

MMM KEEPS ASKING FOR AN IOS CAPABLE OF HOMEBREW AND WITH TRUCHA BUG.

I investigated for hours and wasn't able to find any mentions about that specific topic.

I THEN decided to rehack my wii, using ModMii. Everything went fine. It reinstalled and updated all my IOSes and HBC, installed Priiloader, and "IOS236 Installer v5 MOD.
I thought that by rehacking the wii, all the IOSes would be ready for patching.

The thing is: AFTER rehacking the wii, HBC was updated, and everything looks cleaner and runs smoother. But I'm still unable to install the MIOS patch. Almost every IOS patching app, and MMM keeps asking me for "a IOS capable of homebrew." I know there must be some steps I'm missing. Any ideas? I really looked for clues, keywords on Google, but nothing clear or useful comes up. :( Please be kind enough to guide me to the right thread, or to someone who can help me solve this issue. I'm completely baffled. I followed ModMii's guide step by step. Why are my IOSs not capable of homebrew? Or where do i get one with trucha bug?

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Hi everyone! I'm sort of new here, so I'm not quite sure of where to post my question, but it all started using ModMii, so I guess I'll give it a try here.
It all began a couple of years ago, when I softmodded my then 4.1U wii and ocasionally installed some apps. No big deal.
Some months ago, my brother updated the wii to 4.3U. Most things kept working fine, but I didn't use HBC apps until quite recently.
Yesterday I found out about GC Action Replay App for HBC, and was eager to try it on MK Double Dash. Tutorials for it's installation were pretty clear, indications were:

1. Install a patched version of MIOS (Wii GC Mode), using MIOS Patcher.

2. Open Action Replay after inserting the GC game and an unofficial memory card.

I was unable to install the MIOS and kept getting the next error:
Checked and Confirmed your issue. I posted a solution on your thread.

mario62746

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys!
Does anyone know how to uninstall ModMii installed on my PC? It is not listed on my Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features...
Thanks!

jonthedit

Trophies
XP
Country
Bangladesh
Hi guys!
Does anyone know how to uninstall ModMii installed on my PC? It is not listed on my Control Panel > Programs > Programs and Features...
Thanks!
Edit: Ninja'd :ph34r:
ModMii does not make any Registry changes, so to remove it you just delete the ModMii folder. It is typically located in C:\Program Files\, however it may be in C:\Program Files (x86)\. (Unless you changed installation path)
Once you find the install directory just delete the folder and bam! Gone! The desktop shortcuts and startmenu shortcuts will be broken so you should delete those too.

hctsbro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hello,

I'm currently trying to download the ModMii w/usb loader (v6.3.1) and I keep getting a windows notification that says "nusd.exe has stopped working." It seems as though this keeps happening once I reach download 23 of 30: IOS36. Other than this, I'm not entirely sure what other information would be relevant in order to get some assistance, but I would greatly appreciate some advice in resolving this issue.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: @Xdqwerty no i mean i had to go in the shitbox