Votes: 13 8.8%

• Total voters

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jordan_ch said:
"Super Smash Brothers Brawl, US/Japanese Wii's ONLY.
- Lego Indiana Jones, US/Europe Wii's ONLY.
- Yu-Gi-OH 5D's Wheelie Breakers, All Wii's."

the Yu-Gi-OH 5D's can SOFTMOD the korean wii 4.3 !??

Apologies, not at the time, there isn't a way possible to softmod korean wiis at 4.3 yet... Also, there used to be a part at the top that said this guide doesn't work with korean wiis, yet it got removed through all the renovations over time. You will need to try modmii if you want to softmod a korean wii (obviously not a 4.3 however)...

-Erik

jordan_ch

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

ok,thanks a lot!!

Ibcus

Trophies
XP
Country
I have a wii here that was modded a long time ago, someone formatted the wii system memory (no idea what else they did).
As a result it would only load preloader 0.28, HBC said not installed and system menu said couldn't find ticket.

I have managed to install HBC and bootmii as boot2 and IOS using hackmii beta1 via preloader.

I'm currently backing up the nand.

Is it safe to use this installer to 'fix' it?

Edit: I'll answer my own question:

It worked fine so yes it's safe.

Droskies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK so again its been a while since i was here, i did my wii with the new guide and there were no problems everything works great, now the only question i have is, does the current guide still allow the playing of backup discs ?

zizer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Disc Backup Launchers
Gecko OS
SoftChip
NeoGamma
DARKCORP

USB Loaders
USB Loader GX
Configurable USB Loader
WiiFlow
uLoader
Loadstructor
Crap

Droskies

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
alright everything seems to be working perfect, now all thats left to do is to hook up the camera and make sure it works after it gets here

thanks again zizer for the help

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hans0l0 said:
applied this guide to a neighbors black wii on 4.2U:

I'm a seasoned modder from all systems from psx 1 to xbox 360 and iphone and atv2g, expert area. please interpret as " not a n00b"

step 2 failed at first with a dsi dump
deleted config file and selected 236 manually and it would dump also
used dop-mii to patch original ios 36 and used YAWM to 36

it installed all but 249 and 250 due to stubs

used dop-mii to remove 249 & 250 stubs and reran YAWM with success

dunno if you can use this to improve for the noobs, but you may need a new tool to batch remove those stubs and or fix the reason the wad manager wouldnt use your 236 on this christmas 2010 purchased black wii

thank you for this tool

I can't duplicate. I missed originally you said you made it use 36 (which won't overwrite stubs, but 236 will)... I tried stubbing ios 222-249, but get no error, everything is successful... If anyone else is getting errors, please post a syscheck, and maybe we can track this down
smile.gif

-Erik

Patrick444

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Had 1 question and sorry if this is in the wrong place. My wii is 4.2u and I modded it with a different method than the one from this guide and it is fine. I used this guide for my friend's 4.3u and it works great except the dreaded super smash bros brawl game. Now with the retail disc that I own, it only works if his sd card is removed. If the sd card is in, the game freezes the wii at the menu select. I backed the game up to his external hdd but the game will freeze the system up when you get to the menu select of the game. We both are using CFG loader as I trust the loader above all. I have mine and his set to 222mload and we both have cios 38 rev 17 added so what may I be missing? Btw, the freeze is the type where I have to unplug the power cord.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye: ballcock