• Total voters

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ultim said:
burritoboy9984 said:
Do you have a USB drive currently connected? If so disconnect and please let us know if this fixed the problem. If not, delete the wm_config.txt file found in /wad and select IOS236 at the first prompt and sd card at the second prompt and it should work.

Please let us know so we can make this better.
-Erik

deleted the wm_config.txt file, loaded YAWM, selected ISO236 and then source device as WII SD Slot. however got an error ret = -1

anymore ideas?

Re-copy over the wm_config.txt file, and delete the line that said ciosversion=236, then try again. If you are still getting a ret=-1 error, try formatting your sd card and recopying all the files over (that error is generally a problem in trying to load the wad files prior to installing them)...

-Erik

oldskool75

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
burritoboy9984 said:
chip, next time you get a dsi error on a wii, could you try deleting the ciosversion line out of the wm_config.txt file in the /wad directory and then manually select 236 and see if it works. I have done probably 15 wiis since the last update ranging from 3.0 to 4.3 and haven't experienced the error once. Kind of hard to trouble shoot an error if I can't duplicate it
frown.gif

Thanks, that fixed it for me!

However, as well, the bundled priiloader's hacks.ini file did not have my system version (USA/4.1 - v449) so I had to download a more complete hacks.ini from the priiloader site and replace it on the sd card.. Then that worked fine too.

Other than that, worked well!

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
oldskool75 said:
burritoboy9984 said:
chip, next time you get a dsi error on a wii, could you try deleting the ciosversion line out of the wm_config.txt file in the /wad directory and then manually select 236 and see if it works. I have done probably 15 wiis since the last update ranging from 3.0 to 4.3 and haven't experienced the error once. Kind of hard to trouble shoot an error if I can't duplicate it
frown.gif

Thanks, that fixed it for me!

However, as well, the bundled priiloader's hacks.ini file did not have my system version (USA/4.1 - v449) so I had to download a more complete hacks.ini from the priiloader site and replace it on the sd card.. Then that worked fine too.

Other than that, worked well!

lol, there is a reason we tell people to update to 4.2 to follow the guide
wink.gif

-Erik

unnkown95

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
great guide, thanks for updating it very often. I ahve modded many wii's with this guide and never had a problem so keep it up and thanks

Rubik

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I bought a brand new red Wii and am trying to install. I followed instructions
and got in trouble at the step:

Installing cIOS & Patching the System Menu IOS
Run 2. YAWM Multimod Batch
It should automatically start installing the neccesary wads you need.

It failed to install IOS80-64-v6943[TB+NAND].wad

I get a -1 return code.

Everything else worked out fine until here.
I tried reinstalling IOS236 again and run YAWM Multimod Batch again with the same result.

Anybody knows that problem ?

Thanks a lot

Rubik

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'm clearly displaying that I am a newbie...

The actual error occurs after all the cIOS have installed and says

IOS80-64-v6943[TB+NAND].wad error -1
cIOS202[57]-v5.wad error -1
cIOS222[38]-v5.wad error -1
cIOS223[37]-v5.wad error -1
cIOS224[57]-v5.wad error -1
cIOS249[56]-v20.wad error -1
cIOS250[37]-v20.wad error -1

MysticX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I was wondering, is there something missing from this setup as of now? I am getting from alot of friends/family that USB LOADER GX is suddenly not working, irratic or not at all, while using CFG USB LOADER seems to be working, is there a wrong cIOS somewhere in the mix? Strange though, it works fine for me
unsure.gif

And, most of those people wanna use USB LOADER GX since they´ve used that for a long time and have grown attached to it, and I accept that since 1006 fixes COD BO.

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rubik said:
I'm clearly displaying that I am a newbie...

The actual error occurs after all the cIOS have installed and says

IOS80-64-v6943[TB+NAND].wad error -1
cIOS202[57]-v5.wad error -1
cIOS222[38]-v5.wad error -1
cIOS223[37]-v5.wad error -1
cIOS224[57]-v5.wad error -1
cIOS249[56]-v20.wad error -1
cIOS250[37]-v20.wad error -1

That is more or less a cannot find file error. So either you are using a corrupt sd card (try formatting and re-copying the files over), or you are using an sdhc card.

MysticX said:
I was wondering, is there something missing from this setup as of now? I am getting from alot of friends/family that USB LOADER GX is suddenly not working, irratic or not at all, while using CFG USB LOADER seems to be working, is there a wrong cIOS somewhere in the mix? Strange though, it works fine for me
unsure.gif

And, most of those people wanna use USB LOADER GX since they´ve used that for a long time and have grown attached to it, and I accept that since 1006 fixes COD BO.

No, fwiw, I have seen numerous posts recently of people having problems with usb loader gx, the cIOS's in the current guide are unchanged from the past.

QUOTE(ConJ @ Dec 23 2010, 02:05 PM)
Hey guys.

I'm helping a friend mod a 3.4U wii.

I'm using the latest up4.2 mod pack.

But i get an error on the last wad. What could i be doing wrong?

Be more specific. Which wad gives the error? What error?

-Erik

Brent72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brent72 said:
I successfully followed the latest 4.3mod guide on this forum, and all steps were successful. However, when trying to launch USB Loader GX, I get a DSI error / Stack Dump. FYI... I'm using the USB Loader GX forwarder, so no DS card is needed in the slot, and the USB Loader software resides on the HD. The HD is known-good, working on another softmodded wii.

I looked around on the GX forum, but I don't see similar problems like I've described here. Again...
4.3U... followed this 43mod guide, and all steps reported successfully. (Repeated several times successfully, actually).
Launching USB Loader GX results in a stack dump, and this is with a known-good Forwarder that I've used on dozens of wii's, and with known good GX software on the HD. In fact, the HD launches fine from another softmodded wii, so the issue is not the HD.
I deleted the GX Forwarder and installed the Channel instead, but it also doesn't work. Instead of a stack dump, it gives me the "can't find USB drive" screen, and asks if I want to wait another 30 seconds, or choose IOS249 or 222.

Can anyone help interpret my stack dump error... screen shot is here http://dl.dropbox.com/u/2405517/Wii_Stack_Dump.jpg

I guess at this point I don't know if the problem is with the 4.3 mod (I haven't used this latest YAWM method much), or with USB Loader GX.

Brent72

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here is another bit of info on my problem stated above...
I went back and tried the older 43mod guide from a few months ago. In that guide, it uses Wad manager 1.7 and installs IOS41-64-v2835.wad as the first step after getting HBC installed. I tried this guide, and upon trying to install the IOS41...wad mentioned, I get a RET -1035 error. Tried a few times and keep getting this error. I'm using the same known-good SD card that I have used many times in the past. Is there any reason why this method will not work on a 4.3U wii, but it worked a few months ago? What are the possible reasons why I am getting this -1035 error?

My next step was to try using the next most recent 43mod guide that I have used several times, which involves using IOS236 Installer v3 and then using MMM v13.4 to install the wad's. I guess this method probably gives the same end result as the most current guide using YAWM, but is less automated. Anyway, I gave it a try and all steps were successful. But again, same stack dump when launching GX.

costanza1008

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi there, a "friend" has updated their modded wii from a game and now of course the USB loader doesn't work to play modded games off USB drive... The unit is still at 4.2U ...

Can their Wii be re-modded after updating from game, or are they stuck only playing bought games now?

The error he gets when trying to run Usb Loader is:
Custom 105 249 is a stub. Please reinstall it.

Any insight as to whether you can re-mod a wii that's been updated by a game...

Thanks for your help!

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Brent72 said:
Here is another bit of info on my problem stated above...
I went back and tried the older 43mod guide from a few months ago. In that guide, it uses Wad manager 1.7 and installs IOS41-64-v2835.wad as the first step after getting HBC installed. I tried this guide, and upon trying to install the IOS41...wad mentioned, I get a RET -1035 error. Tried a few times and keep getting this error. I'm using the same known-good SD card that I have used many times in the past. Is there any reason why this method will not work on a 4.3U wii, but it worked a few months ago? What are the possible reasons why I am getting this -1035 error?

My next step was to try using the next most recent 43mod guide that I have used several times, which involves using IOS236 Installer v3 and then using MMM v13.4 to install the wad's. I guess this method probably gives the same end result as the most current guide using YAWM, but is less automated. Anyway, I gave it a try and all steps were successful. But again, same stack dump when launching GX.

Try the USB Loader GX thread in the backup loader section. As I said previously, nothing has changed in the end result of the guide (only USB Loader GX has changed)... Also, the reason why you can't install IOS41 is because it is stubbed in the latest update I believe. That is why the guide had to change, but the end result is the same. I don't know if he has an internet connection, or if USB Loader GX uses the no ios reload tag, but you could try removing that from the meta.xml as there is a bug which makes the wii crash when using AHBPROT and not having a valid internet connection.

QUOTE(costanza1008 @ Dec 23 2010, 04:17 PM) Hi there, a "friend" has updated their modded wii from a game and now of course the USB loader doesn't work to play modded games off USB drive... The unit is still at 4.2U ...

Can their Wii be re-modded after updating from game, or are they stuck only playing bought games now?

The error he gets when trying to run Usb Loader is:
Custom 105 249 is a stub. Please reinstall it.

Any insight as to whether you can re-mod a wii that's been updated by a game...

Thanks for your help!

Yes, just follow the Modify 4.2 part
smile.gif

-Erik

Psycho7

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wanted to say thanks again for this AMAZING and simple guide. Modded a 3.4 LU66 for my sister without a single hickup, and about an hour faster than it took to do mine! lol THANK YOU SO MUCH!
I wanted to double check though, it looks like through this guide you get the most up to date IOS70 (v6687) with fake signing, yet I'm having issues playing VC games from my SD card. I pretty much just copied the "private>wii>title" files to her SD card, and the card works on mine, but on hers I get "this channel cannot be launched on this wii console" Did I miss a step in the guide, or is this just the way it is, and I have to do something else? Thx you guys are awesome!

CPTflconX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have a 4.3.
Is the Smash Stack, Indiana Pwns, and Yu-Gio mods
seperate from extracting 43mod.zip onto the SD Card?
Like are those different methods?

burritoboy9984

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
CPTflconX said:
I have a 4.3.

The files needed for the game exploits are included in the 43mod.zip file...

-Erik

ultim

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
burritoboy9984 said:
ultim said:
burritoboy9984 said:
Do you have a USB drive currently connected? If so disconnect and please let us know if this fixed the problem. If not, delete the wm_config.txt file found in /wad and select IOS236 at the first prompt and sd card at the second prompt and it should work.

Please let us know so we can make this better.
-Erik

deleted the wm_config.txt file, loaded YAWM, selected ISO236 and then source device as WII SD Slot. however got an error ret = -1

anymore ideas?

Re-copy over the wm_config.txt file, and delete the line that said ciosversion=236, then try again. If you are still getting a ret=-1 error, try formatting your sd card and recopying all the files over (that error is generally a problem in trying to load the wad files prior to installing them)...

-Erik

using another non HC SD and formatting seem to do the trick. thank you for your time and patience.

CPTflconX

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
burritoboy9984 said:
CPTflconX said:
I have a 4.3.

The files needed for the game exploits are included in the 43mod.zip file...

-Erik

Ok, I understand.
Another question, do I extract all of the 43mod.zip file onto the SD Card from the beginning?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You mean like every famous person that ever existed
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I get so tired of hearing oh I liked him until...
  • OctoAori20 @ OctoAori20:
    I just know dude was a chronic alcoholic and such.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I've been to his chicken restaurant he started in his 2nd movie, Holy Chicken, was pretty good. It is only 15-20 miles from me in Ohio. It only lasted 1 yr or so then closed tho.
    There are very few people I just have just an immense dislike of and he's one of those very few people, the only other example is Gene Simmons. My musician uncle on my mother's side of the family actually met Gene once during some event and said he was the most unpleasant person to be around.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I met myself once turns out that guy is a giant piece of shit that doesn't deserve any of my respect
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Damn alcoholics! (Sshhh- Opens another beer)
    Agreed, Ken
    I can't say I've ever tried even a sip of beer tbh-
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    You met yourself also and is a giant piece of shit?
    +1
    Then again, I don't think I'd really enjoy it //shrug
    I'm sure it's an acquired taste :P
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Poor lad can never enjoy the amazing taste of four loko
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Root beer is a gateway drink, don't ever try it either.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @BigOnYa, don't you love how smooth MD20 is
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Mad dog 20 20? Oh yea fixed the typo. I haven't seen that or had forever. Do they still make it?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I think it's why I'm alive
    +1
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    What happens if when playing Paper Mario, you start a fire in-game?
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Paper Mario is a drug dealer and he is all about the paper yo lol
    +2
    Ffft
    On another note, I love how folks are drawing Callie in that suit that Splatoon NA dropped on Twitter
  • RetroNerdGamer @ RetroNerdGamer:
    Beer isnt my thing but a root beer once in a while is good
    it gotta be MUG brand tho
    man i shoulda gotten one to open a cold one with TTYD Remake
    RetroNerdGamer @ RetroNerdGamer: man i shoulda gotten one to open a cold one with TTYD Remake