Modded switch not connecting to wifi

namikaze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So recently I had sent in my switch to a seller who was able to mod it and put various things on it like atmosphere, tinfoil, nx theme installer etc. and installed a modchip and for the life of me I cannot connect to the internet on my switch and the seller told me to boot it into OFW (original firmware) and connect to the internet that way and I tried that and no such luck whatsoever any fixes for this?

NoCaPo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
You should be able to connect your switch to internet with any boot entry in hekate. If he configured you exosphere, you wont be able to enter in the eshop in EmuMMC mode, but you should be able to enter in it in SysNAND or OFW.

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
So recently I had sent in my switch to a seller who was able to mod it and put various things on it like atmosphere, tinfoil, nx theme installer etc. and installed a modchip and for the life of me I cannot connect to the internet on my switch and the seller told me to boot it into OFW (original firmware) and connect to the internet that way and I tried that and no such luck whatsoever any fixes for this?
Just a question, do the Joycons connect wirelessly, I had a Modded Switch I bought that had a broken wireless card either that or the modder disconnected the antenna. From the inside so it might be a hardware problem with your switch which may or may not be easily repairable.

In case it was disconnected intentioally you should be able to reconnect it unless they broke the connector but this is one of the reasons I don't like the "No Wifi" approach that some people push as opposed to Non Destructive methods such as DNS.mitm and Exosphere or Incongito applied to EmuNand.

namikaze

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just a question, do the Joycons connect wirelessly, I had a Modded Switch I bought that had a broken wireless card either that or the modder disconnected the antenna. From the inside so it might be a hardware problem with your switch which may or may not be easily repairable.

In case it was disconnected intentioally you should be able to reconnect it unless they broke the connector but this is one of the reasons I don't like the "No Wifi" approach that some people push as opposed to Non Destructive methods such as DNS.mitm and Exosphere or Incongito applied to EmuNand.
Yeah, my joycons earlier would flash once and never really connected well and one would connect while the other wouldn't or both just straight up stopped showing the light altogether. I had assumed it could've been that they were dead since my console was sent in not my jcs. but this does make a lot of sense now that you mention it.. but I don't know if that is the real issue here tbh. I've been trying for 4 hours now to get a solution for the internet. (and the emummc not launching at all and giving me a black screen.)
Post automatically merged:

You should be able to connect your switch to internet with any boot entry in hekate. If he configured you exosphere, you wont be able to enter in the eshop in EmuMMC mode, but you should be able to enter in it in SysNAND or OFW.
I don't have exosphere unfortunately. just tinfoil, atmosphere, and hetake I believe.

Dragon91Nippon

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Yeah, my joycons earlier would flash once and never really connected well and one would connect while the other wouldn't or both just straight up stopped showing the light altogether. I had assumed it could've been that they were dead since my console was sent in not my jcs. but this does make a lot of sense now that you mention it.. but I don't know if that is the real issue here tbh. I've been trying for 4 hours now to get a solution for the internet. (and the emummc not launching at all and giving me a black screen.)
I would suggest recreating the EmuMMC from scratch following a guide, setting up atmosphere, DNS.mitm, and Incognito or Exosphere on the new EmuMMC.

Then it might be a good idea to try disassembling the Switch (might be helpful to watch a guide) and see if the antenna is disconnected, if it is just reconnect it and it should work assuming seller didn't damage the plug or remove the antenna wire.

Optionally you should leave a bad review explaining that the seller damaged your Switch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://wccftech-com.cdn.ampproject.org/v/s/wccftech.com/amd-800-series-am5-motherboards-launch-r...