MM-LINX - Super Mario Maker 2 Level Injector

nstall the MM-LINX homebrew application on your switch, to install levels uploaded to https://tinfoil.io/MarioMaker/ directly to your Super Mario Maker 2 Level slots!

Very early release, please be patient and it will get better with time as all of my applications do :) Feel free to post feature requests and bug reports.

This is currently hard coded to use the first user profile. Please ensure that Super Mario Maker 2 is not running, and that you have at least one SMM2 save on the first user's profile.

For maximum compatibility and stability, we recommend that you use ReiNX or SX.

Download: https://github.com/blawar/mmlinx

edit: 1.01 fixed sorting, press + to sort
edit: 1.02 added support for uploading your levels to tinfoil.io from MM-LINX
edit: 1.03 added file browser for installing levels from (sd, ftp, http, gdrive, usb, etc), search, ability to change user, translation (needs work), ability to copy files to and from smm2's save directly, themes, other stuff I probably forgot.
edit: 1.04 saving / loading is now much faster and does not overwrite your save progress; added columns for difficulty, rating, and course id; ability to unlock hammer and super flower on supported cfw's.
edit: 1.05 increased security, mandatory update. Cloud servers will no longer work with previous versions (downloads section will be empty).

mmlinx4.jpg
mmlinx3.jpg
mmlinx2.jpg
mmlinx1.jpg

Download: https://github.com/blawar/mmlinx

Attachments

• mmlinx3.jpg
    mmlinx3.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 2,083
  • mmlinx1.jpg
    mmlinx1.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 591
  • mmlinx2.jpg
    mmlinx2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 649
Last edited by blawar,

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You can't dualboot ReiNX and Atmo since both come with an own sept folder and either one would overwrite the other.
Correct me if this is not longer the case.

@blawar: I don't care for your app being closed source and/or DRMish but at least stop the hassle if we actually have the acid patches for KOSMOS in place.
Please. Thanks.

With both being open source, are you able to change one of the folders so one looks for sept, and the other sept2

DuveltjeDG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
You can't dualboot ReiNX and Atmo since both come with an own sept folder and either one would overwrite the other.
Correct me if this is not longer the case.

@blawar: I don't care for your app being closed source and/or DRMish but at least stop the hassle if we actually have the acid patches for KOSMOS in place.
Please. Thanks.

It is possible to dual boot ReiNX and Kosmos/Atmosphere. When using Hekate to boot into Kosmos/Atmosphere, Hekate replaces payload.bin in the sept folder with one from RAM if it's a foreign payload.bin (other then the hekate payload). This way I can use Hekate to boot into Kosmos/Atmosphere for normal use and use my RCM loader injector to boot into ReiNX when needed.

The only difference with ReiNX is the payload.bin in the sept folder afaik.

But as asked @blawar does your DRM precautions also look at SD card files to block features? Because I will use ReiNX to use your app but will also have kosmos/atmosphere/hekate stuff on my SD card.

EDIT: Could always chainload through Hekate ofcourse.

Last edited by DuveltjeDG,
Reactions: lordelan

lordelan

Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
With both being open source, are you able to change one of the folders so one looks for sept, and the other sept2
Of course. But instead of having everyone compile their own sh*t, why not make it dualbootable for everyone? :)
It is possible to dual boot ReiNX and Kosmos/Atmosphere. When using Hekate to boot into Kosmos/Atmosphere, Hekate replaces payload.bin in the sept folder with one from RAM if it's a foreign payload.bin (other then the hekate payload). This way I can use Hekate to boot into Kosmos/Atmosphere for normal use and use my RCM loader injector to boot into ReiNX when needed.

The only difference with ReiNX is the payload.bin in the sept folder afaik.

But as asked @blawar does your DRM precautions also look at SD card files to block features? Because I will use ReiNX to use your app but will also have kosmos/atmosphere/hekate stuff on my SD card.
That's nice and there are other workarounds as well (renaming the two sept folders from NX-Shell and so on) but if Rey decided to use something like "sept2" or "reint" as default for his sept folder, everyone could just launch all custom firmwares from his desired bootmenu (Argon, hekate NYX ...) :)

D

Deleted-452294

Double integrity check.
As before, I will be releasing the patched NRO directly, as people would release them anyway. For more information about the patches, feel free to diff the binary.

First disclaimer: I'm not responsible if this patch breaks your console or something. Backup your files.
Second disclaimer: I won't give support if this application doesn't work properly because it doesn't have the required permissions/patches. Please do not ask me to update them.

Attachments

• mmlinx-1.06-patched.nro.7z
    5.3 MB · Views: 222

DuveltjeDG

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Double integrity check.
As before, I will be releasing the patched NRO directly, as people would release them anyway. For more information about the patches, feel free to diff the binary.

First disclaimer: I'm not responsible if this patch breaks your console or something. Backup your files.
Second disclaimer: I won't give support if this application doesn't work properly because it doesn't have the required permissions/patches. Please do not ask me to update them.

@blawar I believe we gonna get a 1.07 DRM free version and from there on always DRM free?

roamin

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Double integrity check.

This is quite funny to watch. But considering blawar states he keeps to his word (lets see if he does though) I'm guessing you won't have to crack his software anymore. Very entertaining lol

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Double integrity check.

It was a little more than a double integrity check :) Though I suspect you used a different method to crack it than I assumed. Either way I didn't verify or RE your changes as I am busy, but I believe you.

I did a stealth update on https://tinfoil.io/repo/mmlinx.latest.zip to remove all of the DRM (it still says 1.06 because I didnt want to do a full recompile).

My plan was originally to build in an auto updater that downloads a new version everytime a crack is posted based on the premise that I can compile new versions faster than you can crack them, however I am both entertained and honored that you found the app worthy of such attention. So as promised, I removed all DRM.

If someone could verify everything works on AMS / Kosmos, it would be appreciated as I cannot test.

gamemasteru03

Nintendo nerd
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It was a little more than a double integrity check :) Though I suspect you used a different method to crack it than I assumed. Either way I didn't verify or RE your changes as I am busy, but I believe you.

I did a stealth update on https://tinfoil.io/repo/mmlinx.latest.zip to remove all of the DRM (it still says 1.06 because I didnt want to do a full recompile).

My plan was originally to build in an auto updater that downloads a new version everytime a crack is posted based on the premise that I can compile new versions faster than you can crack them, however I am both entertained and honored that you found the app worthy of such attention. So as promised, I removed all DRM.

If someone could verify everything works on AMS / Kosmos, it would be appreciated as I cannot test.
I just tested it on the latest kosmos with ACID patches. I can confirm that it works!

Reactions: lordelan and blawar
D

Deleted-452294

Integrity checks are still present, as I can see. Why keep them?

Reactions: naddel81

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Integrity checks are still present, as I can see. Why keep them?

I do not consider integrity checks DRM, I consider it a safety issue. Truth be told, I really, really dislike people distributing modified binaries of mine because it is possible for someone to add malicious code to them. How many people were willing to run unsigned code from a random hacker who purports himself to be in North Korea? If such a thing were to occur, I would get blamed for it, and people would be very quick to believe it. Obviously the checks can be defeated, and I plan to overhaul the checks in the next version, but it wont be for DRM -- just to help enforce the integrity of the NRO.

D

Deleted-452294

I do not consider integrity checks DRM, I consider it a safety issue. Truth be told, I really, really dislike people distributing modified binaries of mine because it is possible for someone to add malicious code to them. How many people were willing to run unsigned code from a random hacker who purports himself to be in North Korea? If such a thing were to occur, I would get blamed for it, and people would be very quick to believe it. Obviously the checks can be defeated, and I plan to overhaul the checks in the next version, but it wont be for DRM -- just to help enforce the integrity of the NRO.
If you do so, then I would at least request that MM-LINX would work on pseudo-original firmware (for 8.0.0 and higher, in a nspwn-like environment) without the need to patch the binary, as you do not seem to update libnx.

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you do so, then I would at least request that MM-LINX would work on pseudo-original firmware (for 8.0.0 and higher, in a nspwn-like environment) without the need to patch the binary, as you do not seem to update libnx.

I tried to update libnx, wintermute broke something in the build environment for the latest DKP so none of my custom pacman packages will build. I cant even build wintermute's own published packages, DKP is effectively closed source now unless something changed. I suspect no one noticed because few people actually build custom packages. I'll take another look at it his weekend.

edit: latest libnx requires latest DKP to build, which is why I cannot update it independently.

Last edited by blawar,

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This may be a dumb question, but I can't figure out how to download levels. I don't see an option.

Relys

^(Software | Hardware) Exploit? Development.$
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Go to download section, press right, highlight level you want to download, Press A

Like, I don't see a download section in the left corner with all the menu options... :( Is this related to me using Kosmos and the dev blocking it or what?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: DO THE MATH!!! lol