MM-LINX - Super Mario Maker 2 Level Injector

nstall the MM-LINX homebrew application on your switch, to install levels uploaded to https://tinfoil.io/MarioMaker/ directly to your Super Mario Maker 2 Level slots!

Very early release, please be patient and it will get better with time as all of my applications do :) Feel free to post feature requests and bug reports.

This is currently hard coded to use the first user profile. Please ensure that Super Mario Maker 2 is not running, and that you have at least one SMM2 save on the first user's profile.

For maximum compatibility and stability, we recommend that you use ReiNX or SX.

Download: https://github.com/blawar/mmlinx

edit: 1.01 fixed sorting, press + to sort
edit: 1.02 added support for uploading your levels to tinfoil.io from MM-LINX
edit: 1.03 added file browser for installing levels from (sd, ftp, http, gdrive, usb, etc), search, ability to change user, translation (needs work), ability to copy files to and from smm2's save directly, themes, other stuff I probably forgot.
edit: 1.04 saving / loading is now much faster and does not overwrite your save progress; added columns for difficulty, rating, and course id; ability to unlock hammer and super flower on supported cfw's.
edit: 1.05 increased security, mandatory update. Cloud servers will no longer work with previous versions (downloads section will be empty).

mmlinx4.jpg
mmlinx3.jpg
mmlinx2.jpg
mmlinx1.jpg

Download: https://github.com/blawar/mmlinx

Attachments

• mmlinx3.jpg
    mmlinx3.jpg
    442.9 KB · Views: 2,096
  • mmlinx1.jpg
    mmlinx1.jpg
    206.2 KB · Views: 604
  • mmlinx2.jpg
    mmlinx2.jpg
    99.5 KB · Views: 664
Last edited by blawar,

hippy dave

BBMB
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
imagine homebrew notifying the user and then enforcing needed files so it sodding well works correctly.

if you don't want to use software that works, without dicking around trying to make it work (looks at atmos forums full of issues), then don't use it.
The hekate files are related to a Mario save injector working correctly in what way?

HOv

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
if you bothered reading the entire thread, you'd know the answer to your question and the red screen issue.

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

this has been covered many times and the simple fix is to use the correct acid patches. if you don't like the app, don't use the app. it's not going to change just because you don't like something.
For me, what I did was switch from atmo to sx os then I was able to run the app with no issues. I can switch to both payloads anytime so it wasn't really a big deal to me. Although, I do understand why people would get upset when they can't get it to work. Not sure what the reasoning behind why it's only recommended to be used with reinx and sx os but not atmo? Nevertheless, I got it to work on my end so I'm not gonna complain.

Dichotomy754

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The hekate files are related to a Mario save injector working correctly in what way?
Apparently acid is needed for some crypto stuff, I can imagine that being useful for something like this. Or even xci installation stuff to modify the installed game. I dunnno, but I'd bet it's probably something.

Reactions: gizmomelb

gizmomelb

Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Apparently acid is needed for some crypto stuff, I can imagine that being useful for something like this. Or even xci installation stuff to modify the installed game. I dunnno, but I'd bet it's probably something.

even if the ACID patches do nothing for this app, think of it like the terms and conditions you agree to with any other software or product you use. Part of the T&Cs for using this app or Tinfoil or Lithium installer is whatever the author decrees. You know the mantra by now - if you don't like it....

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

This app has the full blown installer in it, I just have is disabled for now to avoid confusion, but I will enable it soon so you can install nsp's through the file browser.

@shinyquagsire23 was nice enough to post the CMAC stuff for the smm2 saves, so this app is about to get much better in terms of saving :)

Mthodmn101

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This app has the full blown installer in it, I just have is disabled for now to avoid confusion, but I will enable it soon so you can install nsp's through the file browser.

@shinyquagsire23 was nice enough to post the CMAC stuff for the smm2 saves, so this app is about to get much better in terms of saving :)

So it wont remove the unlockables gained from story mode? or maybe include an unlock all

OkazakiTheOtaku

no thanks, I don't want a custom title
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
Correct, it will fix that, it wont obliterate the save. I had to put in a nasty hack to get it working without working CMAC shit, but shiny saved the day.
Will this also fix the corrupted data in empty save slots? :D

Edit: I use Hekate as a bootloader to launch fuseeprimary.bin and don't load it directly from Hekate, or use Kosmos. Is there a way I can still use this?

Last edited by OkazakiTheOtaku,

alexj9626

Trophies
XP
Country
Panama
I know this has probably being answered, but anyways, do this just inject the lvls in my file, no need to have slots with levels so they can be replaced? Like if i have 10 lvls, can i just inject one and now have 11.

Dichotomy754

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know this has probably being answered, but anyways, do this just inject the lvls in my file, no need to have slots with levels so they can be replaced? Like if i have 10 lvls, can i just inject one and now have 11.
Correct, it would have been really tedious to get up to the 60+ levels I have now otherwise.

Last edited by Dichotomy754,

Dichotomy754

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hell yeah, makes it much easier to find levels you might want. One thing though, sorting by rating should definitely go descending order...

Edit: I see you can flip it, only it seems kind of random past a certain 0 to 1 rating point...

Last edited by Dichotomy754,

frostii

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I've been away for a week so I've only just seen this. Awesome work!!!

Can I confirm, as my Switch is permanently offline, I can download these files from the repository (from my PC) and place them into a folder to be injected that way? Or do I need to access the repository via the homebrew app (and therefore be online)?

Thanks very much.

Dichotomy754

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi. I've been away for a week so I've only just seen this. Awesome work!!!

Can I confirm, as my Switch is permanently offline, I can download these files from the repository (from my PC) and place them into a folder to be injected that way? Or do I need to access the repository via the homebrew app (and therefore be online)?

Thanks very much.
There is a file browser in the app that will let you install levels you've loaded onto your sd card.

MobiusRJ

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
new version 1.04

1.04 changelog: saving / loading is now much faster and does not overwrite your save progress; added columns for difficulty, rating, and course id; ability to unlock hammer and super flower on supported cfw's.
Sort feature (Dificult and Rating) in download tab dont work for me.

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Sort feature (Dificult and Rating) in download tab dont work for me.
i broke sort, ill fix it in a bit

Hell yeah, makes it much easier to find levels you might want. One thing though, sorting by rating should definitely go descending order...

Edit: I see you can flip it, only it seems kind of random past a certain 0 to 1 rating point...

I just did a stealth update that fixes sorting @MobiusRJ , redownload from tinfoil.io

KingxHyruler

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I 100% the story already, downloaded a few levels straight from the tool but now my super hammer isn't unlocked and the level that unlocks it says I've already been rewarded the hammer. I updated the tool to 1.4 and I can get the Super Flower but no luck with the Super Hammer. Is anyone else having this issue?

reexe

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
I am getting duplicates of some levels, for example "Table Tennis in SMM2! [HARD]" shows up 3 times.
I have tried uninstalling (as in removing all files, not just the nro) and installing the latest version again, i was thinking it was a DB issue, since every time i updated the app i would get another dupe, however starting from scratch still game me dupes.

Is something else needed to completely wipe the DB? Or is the issue somewhere else?

Last edited by reexe,

blawar

Developer
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I 100% the story already, downloaded a few levels straight from the tool but now my super hammer isn't unlocked and the level that unlocks it says I've already been rewarded the hammer. I updated the tool to 1.4 and I can get the Super Flower but no luck with the Super Hammer. Is anyone else having this issue?

boot into ReiNX or SX to unlock it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    Surprised they never made a second one.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It takes two was their newest different theme
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I didn't care for that one so much, but didn't play it much either.
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    I just played little of "Still Wakes The Deep" , just came to gamepass today, its alright, kinda creepy. I'm not usually a horror game fan, but it looks really good graphic wise, esp w 4k. I admit it made me jump a few times.
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    Anyone here using the 3DS?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    do u have pretendo?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    whats ur code?
  • B @ btjunior:
    i dont have pretendo sorry
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    oh ok
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    well if ur console isnt modded i suggest u to mod it
  • B @ btjunior:
    also, just curius, does the freinds app still work after the shutdown?
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    yes
  • B @ btjunior:
    nice
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    but u cant play online games anymore :(
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i miss going in other peoples town
  • B @ btjunior:
    yeah
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i have a friend named Pineapple (@pineappleJuice hi). we played a lot the day b4 the server shutdown
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    I preten to know doe
  • BigOnYa @ BigOnYa:
    @LNLenost how well is the pretendo servers, you ever get kicked off games when playing online?
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    @BigOnYa not always you get kicked. it happens rarely to me.
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    ofc they're not great, but props to them for making this
    +1
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    btw, I decided to make the nintendo support team going insane
  • LNLenost @ LNLenost:
    i told them my badges disappeared after i opened the badge arcade after the shutdown, but actually they disappeared because i opened the badge arcade w/ pretendo
  • AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears:
    Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders for two Wii-channels: https://gbatemp.net/threads/wuhb-to-vwii-channel-request.657253/#post-10441514
    AcuteBulbasaurappears @ AcuteBulbasaurappears: Hey, is there anybody who knows how to create wuhb-files? :) I would like to create forwarders...